Nokia Lumia 520 discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Its a pity that Windows 8 does not support FM. Otherwise it would have been a great phone for me.

Rumor is that it doesnt only on the software side and only for a little more time. AFAIK, all of Nokia's WP8 Lumias have FM hardware thats sitting dormant waiting for the OS to support it.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I smell piracy here.

how is that piracy ? A person who has multiple android devices can always access apps on all without having to pay twice ..
Seriously people here are so trigger happy when it comes to piracy
We have a common ID where we used to purchase apps together..
I dont see anything wrong with that

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
But this would be multiple people using the apps that are purchased only once, doesnt that amount to piracy?

Personally I havent bought a single app yet, its not like I love to shell out money for everything I see. But I call spade a spade, until someone can convince me its a sickle. :)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Still better than downloading apks right ?
Besides it was the only way i could use PowerAMP and access multiplayer in some games :D
Too bad higher end games dont work on my phone anymore :( (Neo V)

Shah

Cyborg Agent
One of my friends went to a live mobile showroom and tried a Lumia 720. He is now saying that the back panel/shells are un-removable. Is it true? IIRC, I saw somewhere Nokia stating that the back shells can be changed as per our wish. A pic would help.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Most probably, will be buying it today from local market :D

What price should I settle at? 9.5k?

sumit05

In the zone
Most probably, will be buying it today from local market :D

What price should I settle at? 9.5k?

Yup! 9.5k is the best price.

Nokia Lumia 520 Price in India on 03 Jun, 2013, Lumia 520 specifications, features & reviews | 91mobiles.com

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
one of my friend was facing trouble connecting his L510 using bluetooth to other devices.. is the problem there in L520 aswell???????

noob

Cyborg Agent
I am planning to get one. I still wonder if this phone will get WP 9 update. :( I need the device purely for development.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
so guys i have bought the Lumia 520 for my dad..could someone pls recommend some good apps for 520?

Flash

Lost in speed
i had heard that it was not connectable to p.c directly using "mass storage" mode and you had to install some software in your p.c to access it's s.d card..

Not like that; There's an app by Windows to sync the contents to your WP. It's not a mandatory thing to connect/

But apart from that, you can connect it as a "Mass storage" mode. It will appear as "Windows phone" under Portable devices section of your "Windows Explorer". Upon clicking the "Windows phone", the mobile's inbuilt storage and SD storage will appear separately as 2-entities.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Thanks for the app help..but another small query..the micro usb cable provided to connect to the computer is too small for my dad's liking as i was wondering if i could buy a micro usb wire with a greater length...also needed that to recharge the phone in the car...what do i search in flipkart as in keywords..what is it called?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom