Nokia Lumia 520 discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The point is, people like me ARE willing to spend li\e, but due to lack of credit card we have to go the hard way..
The only thing I have purchased through android market is Dead Space and Mass effect, and that too from friend's credit card
Microsoft should invest in operator based payment, that would be nice :D

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
The point is, people like me ARE willing to spend like me, but due to lack of credit card we have to go the hard way..
The only thing I have purchased through android market is Dead Space and Mass effect, and that too from friend's credit card

Okay. Now thats some sensible statement.

But If somebody doesnt want to adopt WP because it doesnt let them use pirated stuff, then so be it. I'd much rather have an appstore where the devs feel their effort will be rewarded and keep them motivated to make more and more importantly better apps, than one thats flooded with free to use but filled with stupid advertisements everywhere. For one I believe we are seeing the effect already in the WP marketplace - The metro design language has led to the development of some of prettiest apps I have ever seen and you see people in forums buying them even if they dont really need it. Talk about committed customers. While its good if somebody can make a game free, dont go on and harp about how you'll upgrade your 1 star rating of that game to 5 only if its free - that review speaks more about your peanut-brain than about the game itself.

OP
papul1993

papul1993

not a newbie.....
The point is, people like me ARE willing to spend like me, but due to lack of credit card we have to go the hard way..

Yeah I agree. Why do they only work with credit cards? They should support those atm cum debit card that almost everybody has.

Flash

Lost in speed
*img534.imageshack.us/img534/268/0840e0bb62b14c7f811ce3e.png

I don't think so, coz lots of sites sell Cyan-L520.

Flash

Lost in speed
Whether Nokia's 1-yr warranty on its mobiles is same - both from online-buy as well as from local-store-buy?

jasku

In the zone
Got this phone for mom a couple days back, she is loving it, and I can personally tell you its a great phone for the price.

saint-diablo

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys...im from mumbai

I just got my LUMIA 520 yesterday frim a friend who sold it to me for 8k !!
Its yellow in colour and im rotally in love with it...well i have used HTC HD7before running on 7.5 & 7.8 ,...

Windows OS is one of the sleekests in market right now...im using android too but was too bored ith it

Nokia and microsofthave taken it to next level...itsan awesome handset..i would prefer people to buy ASAP

Only problem is many people are selling the phone just because they are too lazy to explore this os...my frind sold it for that reason to me

Flash

Lost in speed
Heard not all Micro SDHC cards are compatible with L520.
Which brand to consider when buying?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only thing that's holding me back from buying the Lumia 520 is lack of Free games
i could play a paid game for free in Android and possibly do much more.
and you can spend Rs. 12,000 on a phone and then not spend Rs. 50 on 3-4 games each.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Some people (like me) dont have a credit card.. so its impossible to purchase anything from Windows phone store..
In android play store, it was possible to login using a friend's id and pass who had already purchased some apps and download them to my phone..
Is that possible in Windows phone too ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some people (like me) dont have a credit card.. so its impossible to purchase anything from Windows phone store..
In android play store, it was possible to login using a friend's id and pass who had already purchased some apps and download them to my phone..
Is that possible in Windows phone too ?
It's okay then.

But I doubt people who have a CC or a working debit card buy games.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I too believe that amounts to piracy.

Btw arent there online services which let you use your debit cards as credit cards for a small fee?
I had read about in some thread here where people wanted to buy something from some foreign site that insisted on credit cards...

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I too believe that amounts to piracy.

Btw arent there online services which let you use your debit cards as credit cards for a small fee?
I had read about in some thread here where people wanted to buy something from some foreign site that insisted on credit cards...

Are you talking about VCC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom