Nokia Lumia 520 discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Thanks for the app help..but another small query..the micro usb cable provided to connect to the computer is too small for my dad's liking as i was wondering if i could buy a micro usb wire with a greater length...also needed that to recharge the phone in the car...what do i search in flipkart as in keywords..what is it called?

These?
Prolink 12PMM387-0150 USB Cable - Prolink: Flipkart.com
Samsung Car Charger CAD300UBEC/INU - Samsung: Flipkart.com
DigiFlip Car Charger USB CC002 - DigiFlip: Flipkart.com

Last edited:

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
What battery life are you guys getting? Mine lasts for only about 10 hours. (Use 3G occasionally) :(

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
What battery life are you guys getting? Mine lasts for only about 10 hours. (Use 3G occasionally) :(

Disable NFC (does it have it?) and location. Browsing eats up battery, but not any more than I have seen in other phones. Its got a rating comparable to the 920 and mine lasts a full day with decently heavy screen use and wifi on all the time.
Nokia Lumia 520 goes through our extended battery testing regime, see how it managed - GSMArena Blog

Is it new? If yes allow for a week's use for the battery meter to calibrate. Mine improved dramatically within a week of purchase and I have other reasons to believe that its the battery calibration that causes this rather than an actually drained battery. For example -try to switch on the phone about 10 minutes after it shuts down of low battery and you'll generally find that the phone powers up and reports anywhere from 10-30% battery left and actually goes the corresponding distance. Would be worth trying :)

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Thank you pranav..ordering these items..with regards to battery life..i am pleasantly surprised that Lumia 520 is giving me about 1 day and 10 hours of average battery life in moderate usage...with wifi on/data on and little bit of browsing and music...and the phone is 5 days old...

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
You're welcome buddy :)
1 day + is a good battery life nowadays. Sadly we are long past the time when an N70 would last close to half a week without much trouble :(
I felt restricted moving into smartphones with respect to battery life, but now I am used to the daily routine of plugging in the phone all the time if I am near some power source. That being said, the 920 with battery saver on (and active) + wifi off + data off + no more than 5 minutes of screen use per hour + no active background tasks (no, dont have to disable the background tasks from settings, just exit all apps by pressing <- and restart to kill whatsapp if you use it) has shown a very impressive 1-1.5% drain per hour. So if you are in a real crunch, you know what to do :)

Thank you pranav..ordering these items..with regards to battery life..i am pleasantly surprised that Lumia 520 is giving me about 1 day and 10 hours of average battery life in moderate usage...with wifi on/data on and little bit of browsing and music...and the phone is 5 days old...

Flash

Lost in speed
Maybe. On constant roaming, battery somewhat decreases/

@All: Why can't we change this thread as "Lumia 520 discussion thread" just like "PantechBurst/Hwavei Y300"?

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!

@All: Why can't we change this thread as "Lumia 520 discussion thread" just like "PantechBurst/Hwavei Y300"?

+1..there are many users of L520..makes sense to have a discussion thread on it...

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!

That is the task of the "friendly neighbourhood(thread) mod"..:D

The local Mobile Store people are charging 9.7K.. Is it fine to buy it at this price??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom