New Nokia Lumia 820 And 920

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
yea! it sounds really cool! As microsoft planned for the one OS and apps policy for tab, cell, and PC in near future. So, its the good beginning by windows 8.

Hrishi

Moreover all manufactures have the habit of adding a UI layer on top and their own apps so cost is mainly for R&D.
Who knows this better than Samsung ? , after being screwed up by Apple and coughing up 1+BnUS$. haha :p

But stiill the cost of License for a WP8 should be more expensive than Droid UI. Which I think should make it more complicated to reduce the price on WP8. Will have to look on stats though to be precise for this comparison.

yea! it sounds really cool! As microsoft planned for the one OS and apps policy for tab, cell, and PC in near future. So, its the good beginning by windows 8.

Yeah , a centric platform will decrease the PITA for application developers. Maybe we can expect lot more apps on Windows 8 platform.

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Those days are already passed...Now see whats in present...When You got Droid which can never be beaten in customization<Custom Roms...> and even iDevices owners (except some guyz) also Jail break their devices ....Why? cuz they want full control over their devices..n in WP7(currently in market) are completely locked out... No custom ROMs etc..u only got few settings to play with and same will be done with WP8 devices(Restriction with some few more customizations)...Even I got boored after a week working in it(on HP Tablet PC <TouchScreen> and Sammy)...Limited to few customization and over..Now plz dont say that "The problem is it ain't Droid, Its WP8" .... So as apple fans do- pay loyal fees to apple n get iDevice doesn't work always..Can you expect under clocking or OC'ing the CPU in ur Mobile or Tablet(Who knows better than u ...u got CM9 on ur Dell XCD35 )...

Not everybody looks for customizations
Some people(common people not tech enthusiasts) like it to be used as a phone is meant to be used...
Moreover nokia means better reliable hardware
Besides WP8 is targeted to capture iOS users and not Andriod

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Some people(common people not tech enthusiasts) like it to be used as a phone is meant to be used...
^^^+1

pratyush997

Inactive
ok..I've been using omnia W for 4 months now, and it's as smooth as I expected. I'm not sure how the 710 with the same RAM and proccy spec can lag; maybe that's a faulty piece? Cos there are a few 710 user in our campus, never heard them complain about lag tbh.
You call metro UI as eye candy while many others consider it extremely useful and a refreshing change from the 1000s of identical looking droid UIs.

and the bold part just gave you away...man I've been following this forum for quite sometime now, and I'm tired seeing every windows phone thread being hijacked by some android fanboys. If you are so bored with WP, why bother commenting on them?
Call us crazy, but some of us really don't have that much time to fiddle around with our phones (C Roms and millions of apps). WP provides a stable, smooth experience with almost all the apps needed for daily use.Why don't we just appreciate it for once?
Check youtube for benchmarks. I'm Not a fanboi.... Don't u feel ur device is out dated...with WP7.5? WP7.8 is last and then its dumped...

Okay...seems like I am integrating droid in WP8.. SOrry.. :oops:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
i think 920 is replacing 900 (which was never released here) and 820 is replacing 800. 710 will remain as it is, as of now. but the kind of resolution it has and if it really packs Pureview tech (no idea what kind of enhancement will work on 8MP camera), no way can it sell for less than 25k.

please do a bit of googling. Krait is better than tegra 3. it murders Exynos 4 Quads. and the 600Mhz processor on Explorer murders the 1Ghz on the Asha crap mobiles. its not about just clockspeed. you'll know better as nowadays mobiles have evolved to computer/laptop level including the processor design methodology.

Sam are you sure of the bold part? I heard exynos 4 is the fastest chip out there and SIII is unbeatable because of it. Can a dual core Krait beat the mighty exynos quad??

sujoyp

Grand Master
I didnt understand y people always compare android with WP handsets....i found android not as fluid or optimized as WP....WP is just flawless in its working....never hangs, never crashes ....have most of the needed applications...market is good enough.

Nokia's both the handset looks very good...if the 820 is priced correctly it will definitely sell

Last edited:

Riddick_RJ

Right off the assembly line
Check youtube for benchmarks. I'm Not a fanboi.... Don't u feel ur device is out dated...with WP7.5? WP7.8 is last and then its dumped...

lol...how many of us can keep our gadgets always "updated"?
you may update your OS once a new version comes out, but do you update your handset every time a better version is available?
and similarly for other things also..
technology will move on at it's own breakneck pace..that doesn't mean we will need to follow it just for the sake of keeping us updated

I brought Omnia to get the 7.5 experience, so I am not disappointed for not getting 8 on my mobile, cos my usage pattern wont change significantly

Anyway, lets stop this discussion here
Peace.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Jellybeans :D ok I admit I dont know about JB much but neither u have used WP8 ....soo lets wait

randomuser111

Technomancer
@vickybat
Check Anandtech. S4 krait is ahead of any other chip currently in most benchmarks and also now even Tegra 3 One X is scoring more than Exynos Quad apparently.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Nokia Lumia 920 official

4.5 inch 1280x720 PureMotion HD + LCD screen
1.5 ghz Dual Core Snapdragon S4
2000mAh battery
8 megapixel Pureview Camera and floating lens technology
LTE
1 GB RAM
32 GB storage - no microSD expansion slot
Nokia City lens AR app
Qi wireless charging
185 grams
microSIM

*www.phonearena.com/news/Nokia-Lumi...g-the-Finns-back-in-the-flagship-game_id34092

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
^^what's price bro?....thats matterss... :p

^^what's price bro?....thats matterss... :p

What so ever its faqin time to roc on Lumia..... :p

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
It won't be launched in India (the 920) as its an LTE device. As the Lumia 900 never made it to India, 920 also most probably won't. Wait for info on 820, that will definitely come to India. Anyway no pricing details given out yet by Nokia and 820 also yet to be announced.

pratyush997

Inactive
^there should be a global version just similar to sgs3 global

^there should be a global version just similar to sgs3 global

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Maybe. 820 isn't announced for some reason. No info on pricing and availability of the 920 either.

Also the screen on the 920 is NOT AMOLED. And yes the weight is 185 grams. LOL anybody know which is the heaviest phone in the world ? Lumia 920 definitely seems a front runner :p

P.S. Why do you type the same line twice? You posting from phone or something ?

EDIT:

Lumia 820

4.3 inch WVGA ClearBlack screen
8 mp rear Camera
8gb storage
1650mAh battery
1GB RAM
1.5 ghz S4 krait CPU
NFC

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
185grams? what have they included? S4 with cooler and heatsink? or packed 1GB desktop ram module.

both are powered by Kraits. Means both will have a asking price of above 30. 820 should cost 27-28k as it packs less internal memory, WVGA display.

Top Bottom