New Nokia Lumia 820 And 920

pratyush997

Inactive
Lumia 920
No News about SD Card support(32/16 is enough..), No news about Bluetooth file transfer support. No Prices or availability dates revealed.
The only thing it has is extreme Image Stabilization but an 8.7 MP cam compared to the massive 41MP in 808 Pureview.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
#Switchtolumia-Lumia 820,920 all set to launch today « a2graph <==== small article on lumia 920 820

*a2graphz.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/switchtolumia-lumia-820920-all-set-to-launch-today/ <==== small article on lumia 920 820

*a2graphz.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/switchtolumia-lumia-820920-all-set-to-launch-today/ <==== small article on lumia 920 820

reniarahim1

Youngling
From the specs in gsmarena, 820 supports micro sd. they might have dropped sd card support for 920 as it has 32gb of inbuilt memory.

ankit360

Journeyman
820 look good for me. But I m sure it cost 30k which will out off my budget. I love windows phone but can't afford + 20k for mobile.

Hrishi

I didnt understand y people always compare android with WP handsets....i found android not as fluid or optimized as WP....WP is just flawless in its working....never hangs, never crashes ....have most of the needed applications...market is good enough.

Nokia's both the handset looks very good...if the 820 is priced correctly it will definitely sell

Why do you think people compare Windows and MAC ? Its just the same reason.

AFA , WP8 is concerned. Its pretty optimized and is futuristic IMO.
The futuristic approach of WP8 beats Android.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
please do a bit of googling. Krait is better than tegra 3. it murders Exynos 4 Quads. and the 600Mhz processor on Explorer murders the 1Ghz on the Asha crap mobiles. its not about just clockspeed. you'll know better as nowadays mobiles have evolved to computer/laptop level including the processor design methodology.
@Sam I know everything krait processor, I'm one of the first who discuss the performance about this processor, yes it is better than tegra 3 but not surpass exynos quad core performance of galaxy note 2.
So, do you think nokia is good enough to compete with android phones like Galaxy S3, note 2 and upcoming Xperia TX? Just because by putting krait processor doest mean the phone would price much, as I said nokia should launch high specs phones (krait S4) with low price tag to stay in market.

In reviews I'm completely sure that the pureview image stablization is awesome thing, nokia always set benchmarks for the best camera phone like N73. N79, N86( 8MP). N8 with incredible 12MP camera which is still much better than Xperia S's gimmick 12MP camera and now Nokia Pureview 808's 41MP camera.

Krow

Crowman
I am a fan of rounded corners. There are too many squarish phones these days. HTC One S and X and Lumia 820 are among my favourites. Also, Nokia's colours are unique. You will not mistake a Nokia phone for any other simply because of the colours.

randomuser111

Technomancer
For those who believed Nokia's marketing gibberish, read this

Is Nokia’s Marketing Misleading? | Pocketnow

They showed videos shot with a pro camera to mislead people and make people think highly of their Pureview tech when in reality its nothing but marketing bull****.

@rider

There is no way these phones will be priced in the range you are guessing. 920 should be around 35k ballpark and 820 around 29, as Sam already mentioned.

Hrishi

Pure view tech is really good , specially if the sensor is large. However the maximum image sensor that it can handle has limit of 20 MegaPixel.
It also has image stabilization feature to note slightest change.

Anything exceeding 35k INR will be a big-time failure for Nokia , considering their current market situation.I think they should price 820 at around 22-25k at max.

Though Nokia has done some golmal in the new WP8 pure view model as per the news.

The New 920 lacks a bigger sensor , so don't expect anything like 808. The main feature is its "floating lens" tech. and not oversampling unlike 808.

Seems a different kind of pure view in 920 than in 808.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
For those who believed Nokia's marketing gibberish, read this

Is Nokia’s Marketing Misleading? | Pocketnow

They showed videos shot with a pro camera to mislead people and make people think highly of their Pureview tech when in reality its nothing but marketing bull****.

nokia apologized for not being clear

An apology is due – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

so they are not trying to fool us

Here is the video shown at the press conference shot using a Lumia 920. On the right is a Lumia 920 prototype with OIS. On the left is a smartphone without OIS. The difference is apparent

[youtube]6HSbhyaH0vw[/youtube]

Lumia 920
No News about SD Card support(32/16 is enough..), No news about Bluetooth file transfer support. No Prices or availability dates revealed.
The only thing it has is extreme Image Stabilization but an 8.7 MP cam compared to the massive 41MP in 808 Pureview.

it has 32 gb , no microsd support but 32 gb is more than enough so no worries + WP8 supports BT file transfer. It also supports NFC and WiFi Direct.

Nokia takes photo challengers against the Lumia 920 PureView, crushes the iPhone, GS3

[youtube]jFhhBJ1URCg[/youtube]

Lumia 920 camera specs
Nokia PureView camera
Touch focus
Landscape orientation
Geo-tagging
Auto and manual white balance
Still image editor
Optical Image Stabilization
Lenses applications
Sensor size 1/3 inch
Sensor type: BSI
True 16:9 sensor
Pixel size 1.4 µm

People are belittling lumia 920 because it does not have a pureview 808's 41mp but look at the sample pics and you'll understand that its a brilliant camera and it does not have the bulge of the 808

@Sam I know everything krait processor, I'm one of the first who discuss the performance about this processor, yes it is better than tegra 3 but not surpass exynos quad core performance of galaxy note 2.
So, do you think nokia is good enough to compete with android phones like Galaxy S3, note 2 and upcoming Xperia TX? Just because by putting krait processor doest mean the phone would price much, as I said nokia should launch high specs phones (krait S4) with low price tag to stay in market.

krait quad will beat exynos quad and 920 is not going to be cheap because of pureview tech, be sure of that

^
It won't be launched in India (the 920) as its an LTE device. As the Lumia 900 never made it to India, 920 also most probably won't. Wait for info on 820, that will definitely come to India. Anyway no pricing details given out yet by Nokia and 820 also yet to be announced.

i believe the international version of 920 will be launched in india like 900 was launched in europe. the reason 900 was not launched in india because it was too late to launch the 900 in july-aug with wp8 launch near

Call us crazy, but some of us really don't have that much time to fiddle around with our phones (C Roms and millions of apps). WP provides a stable, smooth experience with almost all the apps needed for daily use.Why don't we just appreciate it for once?

A WP user here. Totally agree with you. All this rooting , custom rom junkies dont seem to get the point of a super smooth phone which just works. A phone is not a PC!

pratyush997

Inactive
Yeah...wp8 is brand new os with amazing hardware utilization .... so droid needs to be re-made to compete ...

Yeah...wp8 is brand new os with amazing hardware utilization .... so droid needs to be re-made to compete ...

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
@ssk_the _great
krait will beat exynos quad and 920 is not going to be cheap because of pureview tech, be sure of that
exynos quad of note 2: Samsung Galaxy Note II gets early benchmark treatment at IFA -- Engadget
krait S4 of Xperia T, TX, V Early benchmark scores are in for the Sony Xperia T, TX and V -- Engadget
check reliable quadrant and antutu scores of note 2 is way ahead of krait S4
pureview tech in lumai phones are okay its great but not a thing which can turn iphone or galaxy user to buy.

Sad that Lumia 920 being just an LTE device will not come to india. If I import an 920 from US, will it work with indian carriers?

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
@rider
let me be more specific , krait quad will beat exynos quad

Mid-range Nokia WP8 Lumia phones said to arrive in early 2013

It is said to have a 4.3-inch display, 1GHz dual-core processor, 512MB of RAM, 8GB internal storage capacity and a microSD card slot

This just might be the phone for me.

Sad that Lumia 920 being just an LTE device will not come to india. If I import an 920 from US, will it work with indian carriers?

im pretty sure there will be an international edition, you wont need to import

@rider
let me be more specific , krait quad will beat exynos quad

Mid-range Nokia WP8 Lumia phones said to arrive in early 2013

It is said to have a 4.3-inch display, 1GHz dual-core processor, 512MB of RAM, 8GB internal storage capacity and a microSD card slot

This just might be the phone for me.

im pretty sure there will be an international edition, you wont need to import

I hope so. The same happened with Lumia 900 to I waited for international edition but it never came to india

Top Bottom