Need help buying flagship

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Platforms have become big territories. You can't just switch to another without thinking hard. People are now invested in these territories that they'll lose money if they switch to another if their investments are not cross platform & every platform has its daily driver apps/features which might not be cross platform. I'm intrigued about what the next 10 years have in store for us. Will these territories expand more or will they merge at some point. I'm equally invested in both these ecosystems, slightly more in apple coz of music.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
But I don't like its UI & its App Store isn't big compared to iOS. And now with no Nokia branding I wonder how would they perform with their flagships.

It has Microsoft branding now,I think their newer phones are actually better made than Nokia
As for UI,it grows on you fast once you start using it,its actually a very thoughtful design even if a bit radical
even I used to diss the platform until I actually bought a Lumia 720
App store has all the essential apps, plus Windows 10 Mobile just got support for direct ports of ios and android apps so imagine its app store as a bridge between ios and android in the near future

infact it already has a few ios apps such as Candy Crush which was the first such direct port from ios
it even got android apps like an unnofficial play store recently

I suggest you wait and watch , its gonna gain popularity soon for sure
Ive used it for 3 years so far and its got a very good consistency despite my preference to use my 3 year old 720 as my main phone even today despite better phones like Nexus 5 ,Z10 and Lumia 820 also in my home as spare phones

- - - Updated - - -

Platforms have become big territories. You can't just switch to another without thinking hard. People are now invested in these territories that they'll lose money if they switch to another if their investments are not cross platform & every platform has its daily driver apps/features which might not be cross platform. I'm intrigued about what the next 10 years have in store for us. Will these territories expand more or will they merge at some point. I'm equally invested in both these ecosystems, slightly more in apple coz of music.

True
same with me
There are always easy work arounds for seamless cross platform provided you know the ways
I switch platforms like every week for work purposes and because I get bored easily
my personal fav is a Lumia 720,iPad 2,Surface Pro 3 so far

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
It has Microsoft branding now,I think their newer phones are actually better made than Nokia
As for UI,it grows on you fast once you start using it,its actually a very thoughtful design even if a bit radical
even I used to diss the platform until I actually bought a Lumia 720
App store has all the essential apps, plus Windows 10 Mobile just got support for direct ports of ios and android apps so imagine its app store as a bridge between ios and android in the near future

infact it already has a few ios apps such as Candy Crush which was the first such direct port from ios
it even got android apps like an unnofficial play store recently

I suggest you wait and watch , its gonna gain popularity soon for sure
Ive used it for 3 years so far and its got a very good consistency despite my preference to use my 3 year old 720 as my main phone even today despite better phones like Nexus 5 ,Z10 and Lumia 820 also in my home as spare phones

- - - Updated - - -

True
same with me
There are always easy work arounds for seamless cross platform provided you know the ways
I switch platforms like every week for work purposes and because I get bored easily
my personal fav is a Lumia 720,iPad 2,Surface Pro 3 so far

Not everyone can switch so easily, sometimes I get this question that Why in the world do I have two completely opposite freaking phones... One is lying with no SIM and used only for downloading purposes. For movies I like to see in iPad, for phones I got a 2yr old iPhone 4 ( model being of 2010 lol...has only 512 MB RAM but can still be used like a smartphone in 2015)

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
True
My 720 and iPad 2 also have "only" 512mb ram and dual core
still work perfect

Good to see someone who has actually used the products being talked here instead of ranting unnecessarily. Its definitely not that I want to show off using Apple devices..its because I like them. When I was buying my iPad the reliance digital guy told me get this silver one coz this colour symbolises that you're using an Apple device, I said shut the f up.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Good to see someone who has actually used the products being talked here instead of ranting unnecessarily. Its definitely not that I want to show off using Apple devices..its because I like them. When I was buying my iPad the reliance digital guy told me get this silver one coz this colour symbolises that you're using an Apple device, I said shut the f up.

LOL its gold now :D :p
everyones buying gold colour Apple devices now
These days its rare to find people who use a platform because they actually like it, most simply havent tried other platforms and simply hate or love platforms
I used to be that guy till 2012, then I ventured into other platforms from Symbian,BB etc
i love variety but prefer stability too :)

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
LOL its gold now :D
everyones buying gold colour Apple devices now
These days its rare to find people who use a platform because they actually like it, most simply havent tried other platforms and simply hate or love platforms
I used to be that guy till 2012, then I ventured into other platforms from Symbian,BB etc
i love variety but prefer stability too :)
Rose Gold in the future

theterminator

Wise Old Owl

Actually it's hard carrying iPhone everywhere here in small town coz I get unwanted attention, and when I go online then there are rants like 'Oh! Look, there's an iSheep'

tkin

Back to school!!
Now you see the reason why majority of Indians buy iPhones. To show off only. In fact when I bought LG G2 one shopkeeper told me to go for Samsung Galaxy S(not sure which S was running at that time, S3 perhaps), he said 'Since you are spending so much why don't you get Samsung? Samsung is more popular than LG. No one notices LG as much as Samsung' (translated from bengali). I promptly exited the store. Anyway after that my friends gave me the same reaction.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Now you see the reason why majority of Indians buy iPhones. To show off only. In fact when I bought LG G2 one shopkeeper told me to go for Samsung Galaxy S(not sure which S was running at that time, S3 perhaps), he said 'Since you are spending so much why don't you get Samsung? Samsung is more popular than LG. No one notices LG as much as Samsung' (translated from bengali). I promptly exited the store. Anyway after that my friends gave me the same reaction.
Now? What makes you think I don't know this already. Atleast, I don't buy for that reason which I mentioned twice already in this thread.
True about LG, it's not noticed that much. I like the looks of LG Urbane smartwatch.

devil'sdouble

Broken In
The shopkeeper didn't know what he was saying but even under his illiterate vision he couldn't be more right. But then again its normal, people do speak the truth unknowingly quite a lot of time.

the.one

In the zone
My 2 cents on this..

If one owns a Macbook, Ipad, Iphone he probably need not look elsewhere. The Apple ecosystem is undoubtedly the best. Its highly secure (hence no pirated stuff allowed, torrents et al) & a little pain in syncing stuff to the device instead of drag n drop (but its still highly robust and secure).

Most ppl who cant afford these devices + cant spend to download official content go for other ecosystems.

Its still logical to go for Android/Windows, since they do most of the stuff that Apple does at 50% cost, but if u want the best end-user exp and money is no object - iPhones all the way.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Actually it's hard carrying iPhone everywhere here in small town coz I get unwanted attention, and when I go online then there are rants like 'Oh! Look, there's an iSheep'

true
I see extremists from both sides in my friend circle
very few have tried the other side's offerings

- - - Updated - - -

Wait for Moto X Style.
Killed every flagship under 30k
Check MKBHD's review-
*youtu.be/gM_gTtll7FE

except for camera and battery life
thats something no Moto has ever wowed anyone in

My 2 cents on this..

If one owns a Macbook, Ipad, Iphone he probably need not look elsewhere. The Apple ecosystem is undoubtedly the best. Its highly secure (hence no pirated stuff allowed, torrents et al) & a little pain in syncing stuff to the device instead of drag n drop (but its still highly robust and secure).

Most ppl who cant afford these devices + cant spend to download official content go for other ecosystems.

Its still logical to go for Android/Windows, since they do most of the stuff that Apple does at 50% cost, but if u want the best end-user exp and money is no object - iPhones all the way.

That's why many people don't like Apple (restrictions aside)

Few pages back you were discussing about PC suite & back up softwares.... I will say, just use Carbon, a free app, which can backup app with data to your PC via ADB interface(no root required)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
My 2 cents on this..

or they can be like me and have them all play nice with each other
I dont own all products from each ecosystem except Windows
I own iPads,Apple TV and used to have a Mac(now sold)
I have 2 Lumias,WD TV live(acts as media extender for windows),Surface pro 3 and multiple laptops and computers
I have a BB Z10 and no other newer BB product, except maybe 5-6 older BBos phones such as the Bold and Curve series phones
and lastly I have a Chromecast,Nexus 5,7(2012 and 2013)

I have slightly incomplete ecosystems but so far Ive made them work well with each other thanks to various apps etc
So I can use Airplay from my Android devices if I want
or Miracast from my Windows or Androids etc

- - - Updated - - -

If one owns a Macbook, Ipad, Iphone he probably need not look elsewhere. The Apple ecosystem is undoubtedly the best. Its highly secure (hence no pirated stuff allowed, torrents et al) & a little pain in syncing stuff to the device instead of drag n drop (but its still highly robust and secure)..

Try Windows 10,itll deliver the same kind of experience
Microsoft has done a great job lately
infact they introduced the "3 screen" concept but they had loads of inconsistencies
Apple was the 1st to perfect it but Microsoft has caught up fast
Google will never get this right imho

Top Bottom