Need help buying flagship

Any thoughts on iPhone 6S with iOS9 & 3D Touch? I'm looking to buy after wasting money on one plus one

3D Touch isn't worth spending money on..... Also there are many restrictions in an Apple device

Some disadvantages of iPhones:
- No Bluetooth file transfer
- No file manager in built
- Dependency on itunes (you can't download audio or video directly to your phone n play it, if i'm correct)
- Android phones have better battery life(Phones like G4 which are considered to have average battery life has same life as an iphone, S6 has better life)
- Limited to no customization
- Screen to body ratio
There are many more, which i'm not sure of....

tkin

Back to school!!
Isn't 3d touch the same as a long press? You don't get haptic that much. It isn't like squishing a soft surface. Would feel awkward.

Isn't 3d touch the same as a long press? You don't get haptic that much. It isn't like squishing a soft surface. Would feel awkward.

Seeing the videos it looks same like long press, but it is actually a pressure sensitive display (remember capacitive touchscreen? )

Varying the amount of pressure you apply on the screen, different menu/action happens (Why would anyone like to apply more pressure on a costly touchscreen )

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Seeing the videos it looks same like long press, but it is actually a pressure sensitive display (remember capacitive touchscreen? )

Varying the amount of pressure you apply on the screen, different menu/action happens (Why would anyone like to apply more pressure on a costly touchscreen )

I think you meant Resistive Touchscreen.

Technology is going backwards? :confused:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
3D Touch isn't worth spending money on..... Also there are many restrictions in an Apple device

Some disadvantages of iPhones:
- No Bluetooth file transfer
- No file manager in built
- Dependency on itunes (you can't download audio or video directly to your phone n play it, if i'm correct)
- Android phones have better battery life(Phones like G4 which are considered to have average battery life has same life as an iphone, S6 has better life)
- Limited to no customization
- Screen to body ratio
There are many more, which i'm not sure of....
1. Although Bluetooth is very helpful but I have lived without it for the past 2 years so its not much of a bigger deal.
2. There are ample of file managers which can do the job although a windows like filesystem is missing but that's not much of an issue if other features of the OS fulfill the need.
3. By downloading means what? Torrents can't be downloaded, for that I'm pissed off. Otherwise, iTunes is a very good software if you take into consideration other crappy PC Suites, Samsung Kies won't even detect my device the first time. OPO is also not good, oh wait! There is no OPO PC Suite! LOL
4. Battery is almost the same in every device. No matter what I'll always charge my phone in the morning for the day.
5. I just want my phone to look good and work properly. Customization is not much of a big deal. You will find my android phone to be just the same at all times.
6. I'm impressed even by my iPhone 4's Retina display. It's sharp and crisp.
Lastly, investing in apple ecosystem is much better than android. Every new android phone is new and I'll have to learn everytime whereas every iPhone looks the same and you know what does what.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
1. Although Bluetooth is very helpful but I have lived without it for the past 2 years so its not much of a bigger deal.
2. There are ample of file managers which can do the job although a windows like filesystem is missing but that's not much of an issue if other features of the OS fulfill the need.
3. By downloading means what? Torrents can't be downloaded, for that I'm pissed off. Otherwise, iTunes is a very good software if you take into consideration other crappy PC Suites, Samsung Kies won't even detect my device the first time. OPO is also not good, oh wait! There is no OPO PC Suite! LOL
4. Battery is almost the same in every device. No matter what I'll always charge my phone in the morning for the day.
5. I just want my phone to look good and work properly. Customization is not much of a big deal. You will find my android phone to be just the same at all times.
6. I'm impressed even by my iPhone 4's Retina display. It's sharp and crisp.
Lastly, investing in apple ecosystem is much better than android. Every new android phone is new and I'll have to learn everytime whereas every iPhone looks the same and you know what does what.

Yep that crappy Apple charges ₹150 on no means basis.

F*** all .
Apple is the worst ecosystem ever.
Just that showoff factor.
Buy costly lightining cables.

Wait for Snapdragon 820 or New Nexus Lineup.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Yep that crappy Apple charges ₹150 on no means basis.

F*** all .
Apple is the worst ecosystem ever.
Just that showoff factor.
Buy costly lightining cables.

Wait for Snapdragon 820 or New Nexus Lineup.

₹150 for what? They never charged me. Showoff factor is very much there but really I'm not into that. I'll buy my cables if my current one is damaged although it seems to be working fine since 2 years ..LOL
How is apple worst ecosystem?

I'm done with specs man....last year I waited for nexus they released a phone which couldn't fit into my pockets ..:-D

theterminator

Wise Old Owl

Peek view looks nice , seems very handy...will be clear more once people start using it.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Touch is not of good quality, its bulky, no PC software for making backups of the device. No shipped headsets, don't know how good the company's headsets are but using apple's on it. Miss ease of use of iOS

For the bold parts:

Touch feels better than any other phone in the price range except Moto phones maybe.

Use CWM/TWRP. Then transfer the backup to PC. For backing up apps, use Titanium Backup. For sms, contacts, call list, calendar use Super Backup. PC suite isn't there because it makes the process redundant and slow.

No headphones to keep price down and allows the user to buy whatever they want to use with it. They don't force their 100$ icrap (which isn't better than a 10$ ES18 in sound quality) on people.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
For the bold parts:

Touch feels better than any other phone in the price range except Moto phones maybe.

Use CWM/TWRP. Then transfer the backup to PC. For backing up apps, use Titanium Backup. For sms, contacts, call list, calendar use Super Backup. PC suite isn't there because it makes the process redundant and slow.

No headphones to keep price down and allows the user to buy whatever they want to use with it. They don't force their 100$ icrap (which isn't better than a 10$ ES18 in sound quality) on people.

It might be good for it's price but what's the use if its not better.
Using that many different fandroid softwares to backup seems very crappy to me.
If you can give me something good in your package so that I don't have to perform PhD in researching the best headset out there then I'm fine it. BTW 100$ is a more if that doesn't convert to ₹2000/- .

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It might be good for it's price but what's the use if its not better.
Using that many different fandroid softwares to backup seems very crappy to me.
If you can give me something good in your package so that I don't have to perform PhD in researching the best headset out there then I'm fine it. BTW 100$ is a more if that doesn't convert to ₹2000/- .

I think you missed the point of buying an OPO, flagship level performance at mid range prices. And much focus on developer support for enthusiasts.

If you didn't want to learn something new and technical, you shouldn't have bought OPO. There were phones from Samsung, Sony, HTC etc which might have had those bloatwares you required.

CWM and TWRP are recoveries similar to BIOS in PCs. Every phone has some sort of recovery to get things done. Any of them is sufficient for completely backing up and restoring your phone.

Titanium Backup and Super Backup are android apps. Though the former is very capable of performing every backup/restore tasks, its generally not recommended for backing up/restoring sms or contacts. You don't need to install any shiny looking half baked bloatware on the PC except for the phone's drivers in order to copy those backups to and from the PC.

You didn't have to research about any headphones. You could've just posted a thread here. :p

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I think you missed the point of buying an OPO, flagship level performance at mid range prices. And much focus on developer support for enthusiasts.

If you didn't want to learn something new and technical, you shouldn't have bought OPO. There were phones from Samsung, Sony, HTC etc which might have had those bloatwares you required.

CWM and TWRP are recoveries similar to BIOS in PCs. Every phone has some sort of recovery to get things done.

Titanium Backup and Super Backup are android apps. Though the former is very capable of performing every backup/restore tasks, its generally not recommended for backing up/restoring sms or contacts. You don't need to install any shiny looking half baked bloatware on the PC except for the phone's drivers in order to copy those backups to and from the PC.

You didn't have to research about any headphones. You could've just posted a thread here.

I think you missed the point that for what OPO was created. It's creators have labeled it as THE FLAGSHIP KILLER.Its creators wanted it to be a consumer friendly device. Now I can seriously rofl over it. If that's what you call a flagship killer then no wonder I would go for a fandroid flagship and FYI where did you thought that I want bloatwares? I want a thing that works otherwise it defeats the purpose , if the shiny looks are getting over you then use some specialized specs that make it seem ugly.
Posting a thread here is a part of researching.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I think you missed the point that for what OPO was created. It's creators have labeled it as THE FLAGSHIP KILLER.Its creators wanted it to be a consumer friendly device. Now I can seriously rofl over it. If that's what you call a flagship killer then no wonder I would go for a fandroid flagship and FYI where did you thought that I want bloatwares? I want a thing that works otherwise it defeats the purpose , if the shiny looks are getting over you then use some specialized specs that make it seem ugly.
Posting a thread here is a part of researching.

CWM/TWRP work absolutely fine for taking complete backup. You don't know that? :confused:

Oneplus wanted it to be budget friendly and not consumer friendly. If they wanted to be consumer friendly, there would be no invite system, they'd have to setup physical shops everywhere and give meaningless advertisements which would defeat the ultimate purpose of keeping the price much less than other flagships at that time.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
CWM/TWRP work absolutely fine for taking complete backup. You don't know that? :confused:

Oneplus wanted it to be budget friendly and not consumer friendly. If they wanted to be consumer friendly, there would be no invite system, they'd have to setup physical shops everywhere and give meaningless advertisements which would defeat the ultimate purpose of keeping the price much less than other flagships at that time.

Not sure about absolutely... Last time I was trying to sync HTC Desire 820, it's drivers went haywire with windows and I couldn't find a solution, not even here. It's PC Suite never worked! Had to dump that 25k useless product and now this 20k ...
If you connect your phone with PC and your backedup just right there without you even doing anything, thats very consumer friendly IMO.
Invite system was because they didn't had the capacity to produce and ship millions of devices. This and we're not even including the support/warranty.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You're hand will hurt once you come to know how many use such PC suites in 2015...as long as people use desktops they may keep using such softwares
Like I said earlier, there is no need of a PC suite. Backup using CWM or TWRP and copy it to PC from the phone using any suitable method.

Top Bottom