Need help buying flagship

aroraanant

Explorer
There is a friend of mine who owns S6 edge, and believe me there have a couple of times in front of me when his phone have stopped for a while and then restarted on its own.
He is fed up of the phone.
But I have seen a lot of happy customers of Note Series but have not seen any of S series, don't why.

- - - Updated - - -

i really wish to but a good android phone but there isn't any apart from Samsung, and I don't want to opt for that for the same reason mentioned above.
I loved HTC devices, have been using their phones from almost 6yr+ but now they su**s in terms of service.And also they are not coming with anything new.
So the only option to me is also iPhone.
But now no one knows for how long I have to survive with a totally crushed screen of my HTC One as 6S is not coming anytime soon.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
There is a friend of mine who owns S6 edge, and believe me there have a couple of times in front of me when his phone have stopped for a while and then restarted on its own.
He is fed up of the phone.
But I have seen a lot of happy customers of Note Series but have not seen any of S series, don't why.

- - - Updated - - -

i really wish to but a good android phone but there isn't any apart from Samsung, and I don't want to opt for that for the same reason mentioned above.
I loved HTC devices, have been using their phones from almost 6yr+ but now they su**s in terms of service.And also they are not coming with anything new.
So the only option to me is also iPhone.
But now no one knows for how long I have to survive with a totally crushed screen of my HTC One as 6S is not coming anytime soon.

Use bumper case and tempered glass screen guard next time.

tkin

Back to school!!
If you want to risk bricking your new android phone for a restoring task, restore some other phone's complete backup.

A complete nandroid backup includes device's kernel which varies from phone to phone. It's like a complete system image of the phone.

Why iphone backups are compatible? I don't know. Probably because the backup of iphone doesn't makes a complete system image.

I think you just want backup/restore of apps, contacts, call list, calendar and sms which can be accomplished by Titanium Backup, Super Backup and/or tons of apps out there. You aren't restricted to follow only one way for that.
Google takes backup of app data I think, there's an option to sync app data to cloud.

- - - Updated - - -

Whats that?
Nothing, shouldn't concern yourself with flac if you're using apple earphones.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
₹150 for what? They never charged me. Showoff factor is very much there but really I'm not into that. I'll buy my cables if my current one is damaged although it seems to be working fine since 2 years ..LOL
How is apple worst ecosystem?

I'm done with specs man....last year I waited for nexus they released a phone which couldn't fit into my pockets ..:-D

I dont agree with you fully
While I feel Windows tabs and iPads offer a very well made tablet experience which android can never even dream of, I also must admit that Apple s*cks in terms of cable quality
I paid 500 bucks for a prolink cable from the Maple reseller showroom because they recommend it as they no longer get Apple cables for iPads anymore,only for iPhone and have a tie up with Prolink for it
barely lasted me a week and Maple simply blamed it on me saying it was my fault for charging it at night

Another time,I bought a capdase cable which refused to work because apparently Apple only wants you to buy their cables which are of pathetic quality and barely last 8 months
The same cable worked fine on my other iPad running ios 6 because apparently this "feature" came with the ios 7 update

As for android, I agree with you
Android feels very unfinished and poorly made at times even with some of its obvious advantages
the experience can be either excellent or pathetic

-Owner of ipads 2,3,4,Mini 1 and Mini 2 , Nexus 5,7(2012) and (2013) ,Surface Pro 3, HP Stream 8(Windows) and Lumia 720 and 820

- - - Updated - - -

Touch is not of good quality, its bulky, no PC software for making backups of the device. No shipped headsets, don't know how good the company's headsets are but using apple's on it. Miss ease of use of iOS

You are comparing a 50k device with a 20k one.....
Though I do agree with you to an extent
But you must keep in mind, ios has major headaches as well, try syncing your PC photos,music etc via itunes then youll see the pathetic restrictions that Apple has put in place :(
You apparently can no longer delete iTunes synced media on your idevices
Another one is bluetooth, its a basic need and not every one can use Airdrop because not everyone has an iPhone

Android too has its own niggles though,no denying that

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Then it shouldn't be posted in the first place.

He simply meant you can't listen losses music of highest quality on iphones as they don't support flac. It will be converted to lossy mp3 file during syncing from itunes.
And since apple/beats earphones don't have good sound quality compared to most known IEM brands, the quality loss will be compounded.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
For the bold parts:

Touch feels better than any other phone in the price range except Moto phones maybe.

Use CWM/TWRP. Then transfer the backup to PC. For backing up apps, use Titanium Backup. For sms, contacts, call list, calendar use Super Backup. PC suite isn't there because it makes the process redundant and slow.

No headphones to keep price down and allows the user to buy whatever they want to use with it. They don't force their 100$ icrap (which isn't better than a 10$ ES18 in sound quality) on people.

Rooting voids warranty and not everyone wants to use 3rd party stuff to solve basic stuff
^In general,I know OPO comes pre rooted
iTunes backup works wonders despite its "synced media" problems, still wont force me to buy an iphone though

I cant say much for iphones but iPad's touch is certainly one of the best touch screen experiences
Totally agree with the headphone part though,Apple headphones barely last 6 months and sound poor compared to even my 450 bucks Skullcandy Jib (Which honestly sounds amazing given the price despite its weak cables)

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I dont agree with you fully
While I feel Windows tabs and iPads offer a very well made tablet experience which android can never even dream of, I also must admit that Apple s*cks in terms of cable quality
I paid 500 bucks for a prolink cable from the Maple reseller showroom because they recommend it as they no longer get Apple cables for iPads anymore,only for iPhone and have a tie up with Prolink for it
barely lasted me a week and Maple simply blamed it on me saying it was my fault for charging it at night

Another time,I bought a capdase cable which refused to work because apparently Apple only wants you to buy their cables which are of pathetic quality and barely last 8 months
The same cable worked fine on my other iPad running ios 6 because apparently this "feature" came with the ios 7 update

As for android, I agree with you
Android feels very unfinished and poorly made at times even with some of its obvious advantages
the experience can be either excellent or pathetic

-Owner of ipads 2,3,4,Mini 1 and Mini 2 , Nexus 5,7(2012) and (2013) ,Surface Pro 3, HP Stream 8(Windows) and Lumia 720 and 820

- - - Updated - - -

You are comparing a 50k device with a 20k one.....
Though I do agree with you to an extent
But you must keep in mind, ios has major headaches as well, try syncing your PC photos,music etc via itunes then youll see the pathetic restrictions that Apple has put in place :(
You apparently can no longer delete iTunes synced media on your idevices
Another one is bluetooth, its a basic need and not every one can use Airdrop because not everyone has an iPhone

Android too has its own niggles though,no denying that

I don't blame you but you see I've had terrific exp with Apple since past 2 years hence I like their products.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
CWM/TWRP work absolutely fine for taking complete backup. You don't know that? :confused:

Not compared to iTunes backup
Apple did a no-headache job there despite the drawbacks with synced media
for a person wanting minimal steps to get a simple backup done,its Apple who wins overall

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
He simply meant you can't listen losses music of highest quality on iphones as they don't support flac. It will be converted to lossy mp3 file during syncing from itunes.
And since apple/beats earphones don't have good sound quality compared to most known IEM brands, the quality loss will be compounded.

It might sound good, I may give it a try someday but I weigh in the overall experience of the phone & its ecosystem.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
People use pc suite in 2015? :facepalm:

actually I do too for my BB Z10 (Blackberry Link and BB Blend)
Sometimes a physical backup feels safer especially if the manufacturer has made it well

- - - Updated - - -

Will that backup copy be specific to that device or I could restore to a different smartphone? Like if I purchased a new one

Actually Android has the edge too in this scenario if you are using 2 rooted devices
and these days cloud systems like Google,Onedrive etc work really well to sync back your contacts etc

- - - Updated - - -

Chrome on android is not able to run some specific sites which are of concern to me properly while safari has no problems running which makes me irritated that having this giant beast as some call it is worthless

Very true, I prefer using safari on my ipad every morning to browse

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Rooting voids warranty and not everyone wants to use 3rd party stuff to solve basic stuff
^In general,I know OPO comes pre rooted
iTunes backup works wonders despite its "synced media" problems, still wont force me to buy an iphone though

Then they should just buy an iphone and remain trapped in the limbo.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
If you want to risk bricking your new android phone for a restoring task, restore some other phone's complete backup.

A complete nandroid backup includes device's kernel which varies from phone to phone. It's like a complete system image of the phone.

Why iphone backups are compatible? I don't know. Probably because the backup of iphone doesn't makes a complete system image.

I think you just want backup/restore of apps, contacts, call list, calendar and sms which can be accomplished by Titanium Backup, Super Backup and/or tons of apps out there. You aren't restricted to follow only one way for that.

You dont need a system image backup with Apple, if you wish to flash a semi-brick,its as simple as clicking restore in iTunes unlike android where its a headache and risk to flash your device most of the time
You can never brick an Apple device

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
actually I do too for my BB Z10 (Blackberry Link and BB Blend)
Sometimes a physical backup feels safer especially if the manufacturer has made it well

- - - Updated - - -

Actually Android has the edge too in this scenario if you are using 2 rooted devices
and these days cloud systems like Google,Onedrive etc work really well to sync back your contacts etc

See thats the thing I don't like, there are far too many options in android that will blow up your mind with confusions that 'Oh! Which one shall I use?' With Apple, iTunes, iCloud & iOS take care of this so well that I don't need anything else.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
You can't even listen to song files you own in iphone 6s w/o the syncing crap. How is this not a jail then?

clearly you havent used apps such as "Mymedia" etc on ios then

- - - Updated - - -

Ok ...so what about it?

highest audio codec available
Apple uses .AAC which is essentially the same thing in iTunes
flac is also supported though,used it tonnes of times on my iPod Nano 2nd gen years ago

- - - Updated - - -

Then they should just buy an iphone and remain trapped in the limbo.

or they can opt for BB10 and Windows Phone which have better backup systems and peace of mind from my own experience

- - - Updated - - -

See thats the thing I don't like, there are far too many options in android that will blow up your mind with confusions that 'Oh! Which one shall I use?' With Apple, iTunes, iCloud & iOS take care of this so well that I don't need anything else.

Very true
You should most def give Windows Phone a try then
it will certainly meet your expectations except for the PC suite part
its cloud backups work excellent and even offers a partial "sd card" backup too which is easy to use and works great

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
clearly you havent used apps such as "Mymedia" etc on ios then

- - - Updated - - -

highest audio codec available
Apple uses .AAC which is essentially the same thing in iTunes
flac is also supported though,used it tonnes of times on my iPod Nano 2nd gen years ago

- - - Updated - - -

or they can opt for BB10 and Windows Phone which have better backup systems and peace of mind from my own experience

- - - Updated - - -

Very true
You should most def give Windows Phone a try then
it will certainly meet your expectations except for the PC suite part
its cloud backups work excellent and even offers a partial "sd card" backup too which is easy to use and works great

But I don't like its UI & its App Store isn't big compared to iOS. And now with no Nokia branding I wonder how would they perform with their flagships.

Top Bottom