Need an assembled Pc. Budget~30k

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Do i need to contact them over phone or intimate over email before sending it through courier? I mean how can i know that they will receive and acknowledge warranty for my products? I mean there has to be a procedure for claiming warranty right?

I tried calling up Gigabyte toll free but it's showing busy since two days.
Call the Gigabyte Kolkata Service Center and ask your query after which ship it to them.

Call the WD Service Center and before doing so, Check your warranty in the website given after which open an RMA ticket and ship it to them.

In both above cases, they will ask for your mail ID and reply before or after they recieve or ship the new sealed pieces later.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
Call the Gigabyte Kolkata Service Center and ask your query after which ship it to them.

Call the WD Service Center and before doing so, Check your warranty in the website given after which open an RMA ticket and ship it to them.

In both above cases, they will ask for your mail ID and reply before or after they recieve or ship the new sealed pieces later.

Okay thanks

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
I spoke to both Western Digital and Gigabyte for RMA. They said they'll accept tbe return if it's packed in an ESD bag.

Now since ESD bags are not available in markwt, so any other alternative packaging options you guys can suggest?
I mean if i have to send it by courier, then careful packaging is required. So far I only got two cardboad boxes. I might have some thermocol but not enough.

P.s. I need to ship it by tomorrow.

And has anyone replace ld motherboard with gigabyte?

Western Digital has been ever so willing to replace the drive.

But But Gigabyte is unwilling nd told me theyll only repair the product and wont repace.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I spoke to both Western Digital and Gigabyte for RMA. They said they'll accept tbe return if it's packed in an ESD bag.

Now since ESD bags are not available in markwt, so any other alternative packaging options you guys can suggest?
I mean if i have to send it by courier, then careful packaging is required. So far I only got two cardboad boxes. I might have some thermocol but not enough.

P.s. I need to ship it by tomorrow.

And has anyone replace ld motherboard with gigabyte?

Western Digital has been ever so willing to replace the drive.

But But Gigabyte is unwilling nd told me theyll only repair the product and wont repace.
ESD bags are just electro static bags that come with the motherboard & GPU & HDD as well.

Then you need to pack them in small cardboard boxes and ship them.

Gigabyte will 1st try to repair it but if the mobo cannot be repaired then they will send a new sealed piece. So just hope that they do.

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
Okay thanks. So no ESD packing shouldnt be an issue right?

Anyway thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

WD has scheduled pickup for tomorrow. Courier charges(2500 rs) will be born by Wd right? ( Coz they only arranged for the pickup)

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
I have received replacement for Wd hard drive.

But Gigabyte (Kolkata) is unwilling to replace product. So i sent for repair.
Now they are telling me that Motherboard doesn't have any defect and trying to send the same board to me without repair.(I checked the board locally at two service centers both found it defective)

Is there any legal recourse for me? I mean this is undue harrassment to me as a consumer from Gigabyte.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have received replacement for Wd hard drive.

But Gigabyte (Kolkata) is unwilling to replace product. So i sent for repair.
Now they are telling me that Motherboard doesn't have any defect and trying to send the same board to me without repair.(I checked the board locally at two service centers both found it defective)

Is there any legal recourse for me? I mean this is undue harrassment to me as a consumer from Gigabyte.
For a 4k Mobo, you cannot spend 5k for submitting a petition in a consumer court? Right!

I meant the 5k is lawyers charges buddy.

Either sell the defective Mobo and get a new Asus H110 Mobo or go to the consumer court.

If you go to consumer court, it might take an year at least to resolve it + 5k as charges to any lawyer.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
I will wait and see how the returned mb works. If it works fine no problem. Otherwise will have to resort to other means

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I will wait and see how the returned mb works. If it works fine no problem. Otherwise will have to resort to other means
Normally they will repair the Mobo or will replace with a new sealed one.

It depends on the distributors and also from region to region.

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
Normally they will repair the Mobo or will replace with a new sealed one.

It depends on the distributors and also from region to region.

ok. Finally I got my parts back and now the system is working fine i.e. No display issues or other issues. Hopefully should stay like this

Top Bottom