OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Somehow, managed to get ver 11 euro 1 update on my N86 .. quite big update of 148.5mb phew.. Now, let me see, what r the improvements..

Power UP

In the zone
Great news, Symbian foundation os coming soon :razz:
*www.symbian-freak.com/news/009/07/first_version_of_symbian_foundation_os_nears_beta_testing.htm

This along with web os, things are going to get exciting :-D

@yogi: Can u still hack ? Do check. I was thinking of getting n86 for my dad.

lol some got confused, identity crisis we are facing *www.smileyvault.com/albums/CBSA/smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-017.gif

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
okk new symbian is coming soon...but according to them it will release on 4thweek of 2010:cry:
What abt satio then??

Hey N86 can be hacked?? U mean we can install all application...do tell us the condition after firmware update

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
No idea abt hacking. Never hacked N82 or N85. Though its possible to hack both using hello ox. Hence i think its possible to hack N86 as well. I might do it too as i am planning to keep it for a very long time ( a year or so ) .

After update -
Speed of operation remains same. Music quality same. Both were fine earlier too. Camera seems to have an update in terms of image processing. Need to verify it. Video recording is great. Ovi store client is now there which is useless for me. Good thing is that since i got the euro 1 update now its possible to switch off camera shutter sound and easier to get newer updates quickly as indian update is very late compared to other regions.

One bug that i found out and its still there- sometimes the handset does not get gps lock and u need to restart it and then it gets the lock within 10 seconds flat. Its not a routine issue and happens say, 3 out of 10 times. Surely a issue with gps and needs the correction from nokia.

Since I gave my beloved N82 to a special friend of mine, I will be using N86 as my main device. Lets see how it copes with the daily routine.. :)

A bit offtopic - Nice collection of images captured by N95

*web.me.com/jamesburland/Nokia_Crea...ia_Creative,_The_Final_N95_Photo_Awards!.html

Last edited:
OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Nope. Used nss only. Just uninstall the ver 7 pc suite and installed the ver 6 and there u go..:) and used the latest ver of nss ..

Change log for ver 11

*brar.wordpress.com/2009/07/08/n86-8mp-new-firmware-v11-043-available/

Last edited:
OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
^^^ Yup dude .. I have the same question ? if its there then wth is the setting to enable it ..

It does not have navi wheel function ..

Last edited:
OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
*www.symbian-guru.com/welcome/2009/...me-wizard-simplifies-setup-for-new-users.html

Also as far as naming the product goes, just N86 sounds better than N86 8mp .. Nokia could have called it N86 8mp 8 gb .. stupid marketing decision ..Anyways, most people will be calling it just N86..

Camera drivers are improved in ver 11 firmware..

Taken in pitch dark ..

*img14.imageshack.us/img14/6650/yogi149.th.jpg

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
*www.symbian-guru.com/welcome/2009/...me-wizard-simplifies-setup-for-new-users.html

Also just N86 sounds better than N86 8mp .. Nokia could have called N86 8mp 8 gb .. stupid marketing decision ..

:p:p..N86 sound better then N86 8mp:p...WTF

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
I am really confused , does any n86 comes without 8gb inbuilt ? Is there two version ? I've never heard any ?

Are dude, there is only one ver of N86 ..and it comes with 8gb inbuilt memory and does not come with any memory card .. I am talking abt the naming of the product by nokia ..

*www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/Nokia_N86_8MP_An_All-rounder/551-104207-614-1.html

Last edited:
OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Quite a few improvements in new firmware

1. camera software is improved for sure. Colour reproduction is looks to be spot on now..
2. gps works even in indoors with agps
3. video recording is made even better
4. Gallery is superfast now.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
N86 video recording is definitely better then any LG Samsung or SE....

What I see is LG and samsung both use amr for sound...and also there video is not crisp even at 720x480 @30fps

Untill now SE have very few VGA recording mobiles....soo dont know much

N86 recording is clear,crisp,sounds much better with aac.

does any mobile record sound in stereo mode or all in mono only

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Se cell phones record sound in stereo but sadly video is stuck at qvga only ..

Colour reproduction is spot on now with ver 11 firmware on N86 .. sharpness is very good and details seem to be improved as well..

Tamoghno

Padawan
Se cell phones record sound in stereo but sadly video is stuck at qvga only ..

Original N93(not 'i') was the only phone that had proper stereo microphone placed at both side of the phone so that it can give proper stereo efferct with sense of direction . So bad no other phone had that feature .

Since we cant get stereo effect anyway , i wont mind mono sound .

@sujoyp
The kind of hardware se is using these days in their high end phone , i wont be surprised if they give HD video sooner than nokia. Hardware wise satio is already capable of hd i guess.

Top Bottom