OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Just used N86 today

LOOKS = CRAP

FEATURES = GREAT :razz:

Really it looks damn crap from the front...

Its ur personal opinion. I find it to be pretty good looking..:)

And as i said the earphones which came with N86 are very good.

Can i change the title to "all about N86" ..

*www.allaboutsymbian.com/reviews/item/Nokia_N86_8MP_Review-Part_3-Other_features_and_Wrap-up.php

ver 11 firmware update is due in few days.. I hope it improves the image processing.

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
Just used N86 today

LOOKS = CRAP

FEATURES = GREAT :razz:

Really it looks damn crap from the front...

I dont think it looks crap . There's something about this device that makes the device feel 'premium' unlike the other nseries like n95/96. Also the weight makes the device feel solid . Its no head turner like samsungs / iphones , but i overall like this design .

sujoyp

Grand Master
I dont think it looks crap . There's something about this device that makes the device feel 'premium' unlike the other nseries like n95/96. Also the weight makes the device feel solid . Its no head turner like samsungs / iphones , but i overall like this design .

+1^^ I agree...it doesnt looks like cheap plastic like device...due to its glass cover and metal finish it somewhat look premium....I didnt like the body of N81,N85 and even 5800 just bcoz its cheap plastic like body

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^ nooo they look different just check....only they r dual slider

*img.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/nokia/nokia-n85-00.jpgN85

*pic.gsmarena.com/vv/reviewsimg/nokia-n86-8mp/gal/gsmarena_009.jpg

I can see the difference

Tamoghno

Padawan
^^ wasn't nessesary , everybody knows that . Why even bother wasting time arguing ?

Btw , yogi can you tell us the model name of n85's bundled headset.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I would take SE coz it received better grades at reviews performed by dedicated professionsals rather than some whining by Nokia fanbois..

Btw, i dont see Nokia suing a snapdragon or an OMAP??What are they doing?? Now please tell me that Nokia has better specs than these devices. :lol:

rajhot

S60 rocks
Btw, i dont see Nokia suing a snapdragon or an OMAP??What are they doing?? Now please tell me that Nokia has better specs than these devices. :lol:
Symbian OS doesn't need a snapdragon processor.The 600Mhz processor being used in Nokia 5630 Xpress music should be more than enough
OMAP is implemented in N82 & N95 :)

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
Further complicating the matters was the 5630’s announcement and spoilers at forum.nokia.com that it was running on ARM11 600 Mhz CPU. To be honest, back then I even imagined they were going to come up with a new platform brimming with innovative solutions, as the 5630 XpressMusic’s unusually slim profile (for this much computing power inside, that is) suggested. However the reality was much less exciting – once again, people at forum.nokia.com let a small error slip into their announcement, and as it turned out the CPU employed by the 5630 XM wasn’t even near the much-hyped 600 Mhz, on the contrary hardware-wise it wasn’t much different from the Nokia 6290 and 6120 Classic. Although, its software department has received more than just a face-lift, which is definitely good news. Nevertheless it was pretty amusing to see how some people suddenly got intrigued by the “600 Mhz” remark, oblivious to the fact that faster CPUs don’t necessarily guarantee better performance. So, the disclaimer that followed will probably leave them supremely disappointed in the 5630 XpressMusic.
hmm..
source-*www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-5630-en.shtml
and only N82,N95 8GB have a OMAP processor, N95 classic has an ARM processor

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
^^^ u must be nuts.. check ur facts again..
And dont go by mobile-review stats. They said that N86 records the sound in stereo in video recording. Its still the mono sound that i found out.

All three N82 , N95 and N95 8gb has omap 2420 chispet with dual arm processors.

5630 indeed have 600 mhz processor.

*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5630_xpressmusic-review-370.php

@Tamoghno- The earphones that came with N86 are hs-83 and as krazzy stated above they sound very good . How good? i would say somewhat near to creative ep 630 .. Btw, I use senn cx-400 with N86. And i need to ask a friend who has my N85 about the headset that came with it .

Btw , can i change the thread title or not ?

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Its ur personal opinion. I find it to be pretty good looking..:)

And as i said the earphones which came with N86 are very good.

Can i change the title to "all about N86" ..

*www.allaboutsymbian.com/reviews/item/Nokia_N86_8MP_Review-Part_3-Other_features_and_Wrap-up.php

ver 11 firmware update is due in few days.. I hope it improves the image processing.

+1^^ I agree...it doesnt looks like cheap plastic like device...due to its glass cover and metal finish it somewhat look premium....I didnt like the body of N81,N85 and even 5800 just bcoz its cheap plastic like body

Maybe because the phone was kept next to N95 8GB which was looking like a king infront of it..

I think the keypad bubbling out buttons is what was not looking good to me..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
You mean the 5630 has a better proccy than the N97?? That was BS, it was reported to have 600 mhz worth of proccy but was later disregarded.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
^^^ u must be nuts.. check ur facts again..
And dont go by mobile-review stats. They said that N86 records the sound in stereo in video recording. Its still the mono sound that i found out.

All three N82 , N95 and N95 8gb has omap 2420 chispet with dual arm processors.

5630 indeed have 600 mhz processor.

*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5630_xpressmusic-review-370.php

@Tamoghno- The earphones that came with N86 are hs-83 and as krazzy stated above they sound very good . How good? i would say somewhat near to creative ep 630 .. Btw, I use senn cx-400 with N86. And i need to ask a friend who has my N85 about the headset that came with it .

Btw , can i change the thread title or not ?
i was just making sure because different websites quoted different specs.

Tamoghno

Padawan
I would take SE coz it received better grades at reviews performed by dedicated professionsals rather than some whining by Nokia fanbois..
WOW , so you believe numbers more than your eye and ear ? You buy phone based only on reviews and not by personally using the device ? No wonder you always stick to one brand.

Like it was said n93/95/82 had omap proccy . N93 was worlds first to use omap 2420.
Nokia is preparing a new device (rumoured n900) with omap and high wvga screen and a proper debian based linux distribution (maemo5 , not just java based android ) . S60 really dont need omap to perform so they are not wasting resource there. For example 369mhz e71 is as fast or even faster than high end se featur ephones. And see omnia hd's battery life and you'll see that more spec is not everything.

Power UP

In the zone
Symbian OS doesn't need a snapdragon processor.The 600Mhz processor being used in Nokia 5630 Xpress music should be more than enough
OMAP is implemented in N82 & N95 :)

Actually i would (and so do many i believe) love having a powerful processor with gpu acceleration, if i am paying a high price.
Iphone like 3d effects, psp quality gaming, hd video playback with tv out, etc. the possibilities are endless :)

@yogi ; Congrats dude, enjoy ur new phone :)

Tamoghno

Padawan
Actually i would (and so do many i believe) love having a powerful processor with gpu acceleration, if i am paying a high price.
Iphone like 3d effects, psp quality gaming, hd video playback with tv out, etc. the possibilities are endless :)

I agree with you that everybody will like to have fast phones with advanced graphics . But the truth is there isn't many app that can take advantage of it. Currently palm pre and omnia hd uses omap . Palm pre isn't exactly the fastest device and from handson videos it seems quite a bit slower than recent nokias , specially app opening times are not very good . And samsung omnia hd is not that faster than n97 with v11 , but it performs aweful in battery life. Only advantage of omap in that device is hd video recording (which is almost useless because of super poor audio) .as for psp like gaming , yes , we know its possible but there is not many game that can use omaps gpu power . Even among ngage titles there are very very few games that actually uses the gpu and most games runs same on omap n95 and arm n85.

I am not saying that omap is bad or useless , but bashing a device just because it dont have omap is not fair . Though i would definitly welcome any omap based phone that can actually take advantage of the powerful procy. Lets see what satio have in store .

sujoyp

Grand Master
ya put an omap proccy if u need it for animation effect, Video playback, Video recording...these reasons are enough to justify it:)...

BTW I have a question (asked by my friend)...y companies dont put a 2000mah capacity battery in mobiles.....like he says all chineese cells comes with 2000mah+ battery...and give enough backup.