Third Eye

gooby pls
Here's a good comparison.

*www.allaboutsymbian.com/reviews/item/Camera_group_test_Nokia_N86_8MP_N97_N82_and_Samsung_I8510.php

Tamoghno

Padawan
And guess what , the biggest drawback of N86 as fas as i am concerned is not lack of xenon but those crappy speakers .. why nokia cant put those awesome N73 speakers on these new models..

I'd rather take n95's speaker over n73 because 95 had more bass. But what i really hate is placement of the speakers .i liked the 73's speaker placement because it could provide little stereo effect. Even SE is adopting this placement . Anyway , how does the speakers compare with n85's ?

Btw , have you thread i linked ?

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
I'd rather take n95's speaker over n73 because 95 had more bass. But what i really hate is placement of the speakers .i liked the 73's speaker placement because it could provide little stereo effect. Even SE is adopting this placement . Anyway , how does the speakers compare with n85's ?

Btw , have you thread i linked ?

Yup .. gone through that thread.. And its somewhat true that digital zoom on N86 works somehow better than all the earlier models I tried.. And a dedicated torch application would have been handy if provided by nokia itself. Those dual leds are very bright.

And yes N95 8gb speakers were better in terms of playback quality over N73 speakers. N73 ones were better placed and louder..

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
*thenokiaguide.com/2009/07/16/dprev...e-n86-8mp-and-finds-some-interesting-details/

*blog.dpreview.com/editorial/2009/07/new-nokia-heralds-camerphone-convergence.html

Vensanga

Journeyman
N96 is a flop show for nokia. No wonder its being pulled off the market. N85 too deserve its fate. N82 , N78 and N79 are excellent handsets and no idea why nokia is taking them off the market .N79 can be had for 13.9 k and that's great vfm..
Rely??? where can we get N79 at that price??

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
*www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/i...on-N86_N97_iPhone_3G_T-Mobile_G1_and_more.php

Also the title of this thread should be All about N86 .. what do u guys say ..

Tamoghno

Padawan
^^

The problem is not in broswer speed , but its ui . For instance , i can not sroll(or use) browser in 5800 until the complete page is loaded , and in slow edge connection , this could lead to significant usability problem . Zooming the page dont reflow the text so that brings sidescrolling . When scrolling page , it dont snap like operamini / other browsee.

The javascript engine is also not that good , sometimes my browser crashes while opening santabanta.com because of some particular ad , and turning off javascript in settings sees to rectify this problem.

Btw , i doubt their test , on practical conditions , i find n85's browser much easier to use than 5800.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
very good N86 cam review..

*www.symbian-freak.com/reviews/n86/nokia_n86_review_part_2_by_mohamed_shafik.htm

One major drawback of N86 - very low internal memory ie c drive and not the mass memory .. It should have been 130 mb like N82

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
very good N86 cam review..

*www.symbian-freak.com/reviews/n86/nokia_n86_review_part_2_by_mohamed_shafik.htm

One major drawback of N86 - very low internal memory ie c drive and not the mass memory .. It should have been 130 mb like N82

Yeh i read it yesterday...but it says the compression ration and noise is too much and also less details....remaining all good
cam sound cant be switched off....oops no more pranks can be played:lol:..

The most impressive thing is low light photography...its too good to believe...and ya colors are good..

BTW n86 is not tooo much better then C905;-)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
And interestingly, all the good reviews seem to come from the symbian oriented sites.

AAS and symbian freak.All proper review sites have bashed it. :D

I love my C905. :D

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Camera shutter sound can be switched off on euro firmware like mine ..I am on euro-1 firmware and can easily shut off camera sound. Also I dont know if the reviewer has used ver 10 or ver 11 firmware on N86 . It looks to be a ver 10.

As I mentioned before, with ver 11 image processing is improved a lot. It takes stunning pictures with ver 11. I am very much sure it will keep on improving with future firmware updates. Digital zoom works like a charm while video recording. Results with zoom are very good so say the least.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Camera shutter sound can be switched off on euro firmware like mine ..I am on euro-1 firmware and can easily shut off camera sound. Also I dont know if the reviewer has used ver 10 or ver 11 firmware on N86 . It looks to be a ver 10.

I wish it to be incorporated in Asian version...and ya does the flash fire slightly when taking pics without flash...My N70 used to blink slightly..

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Its not the flash firing slightly .. Its the auto focus assist light when taking pictures in low light situations.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Its not the flash firing slightly .. Its the auto focus assist light when taking pictures in low light situations.

but it flashes even when u r taking pic in sunlight....always...I had used it for 2 years..its something related to privacy...

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Why there is no xenon in N86 .. read this

*conversations.nokia.com/2009/07/27/being-flash-isnt-always-the-answer/

*conversations.nokia.com/2009/07/30/head-to-head-n86-8mp-vs-n82/

Seems like feel and bulk was the main issue .. Still xenon flash would have made it a spectacular camera phone . I hope nokia does not do it again when they come out with a camera phone in the near future. I truly hope all the flak they receive for not including xenon in N86 would make them wiser and they wont repeat this mistake in future devices.

Last edited: