MSi GX400 Gaming notebook Review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silicon Chip

Broken In
Gud for me, bad for Sunny:
m1730(T9300 @2.5ghz, 8800M GTX SLI) gets 11.5k in 3dmark06.
GT725 gets 10.5k in 3dmark06 and gets 12.3k when cpu+gpu Ultraclocked.

Crysis:
It gets 17fps @ 1680X1050 @ gamer settings.
I get 18-19fps @same settings as above.

43k for a slight benefit does nt make sense.
Plus GT725 is only 3.2kgs and is only 120W compared to dell 5kgs and 230W.

The only worth laptops are frm:
Sager/Clevo
Asus
MSI

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
considering dell premium quality, service etc, M1730 still is a gud buy, but maybe not as gud as the MSi one[solely dur to GPU].

T9300 cud breeze thru all other CPu intensive benchs and tasks.

and i cant believe 8800MGTX SLi gives only 11.5k in 3DM06.
even an 8800GT gives 10.5~11k@ 1024*768.

Silicon Chip

Broken In
T9300(2.5ghz)(35W) is hotter than mine(2.4ghz)(25W) and slower.
I hv inbuilt OC option in BIOS and can OC upto 24% stable.
Dell also has OC feature bt its already too hot.

Some ppl even reported 8k on m1730.
Jus google it.

I dont think GTA IV or Crysis wud give 60 FPS and additionally, I dont like XF or SLI.
It wud hv been lighter, cooler and less power hungry if there was a GTX 260M/280M.
Plus 1.3L is too much for 1730, i wud get a Clevo or even Asus W90 with HD4870 Crossfire for 1.2L and it gets 20k+ in 3D Mark06.

I'm not gonna play much heavy games on my lappy. I've bought it for hack en slash and adventure games liek Wolverine,Spiderman,HAWX,Splinter Cell etc. and not First Person Shooters as they need mouse. I like playing with Xbox 360 Controller. All the games except Crysis,GTA IV and some other rig killers give me about 50 FPS at highest settings.

Tell me any GTX 280/260M/HD4870 laptop available in India. I searched around my place but couldn't find it. Please enlighten this poor lad.

1.3L is totally justified. Looks at the config and stuff. I won't argue much here.

Moreover,I don't give a fu(king damn to 3D mark scores as long as I can max out my games.

Gud for me, bad for Sunny:
m1730(T9300 @2.5ghz, 8800M GTX SLI) gets 11.5k in 3dmark06.
GT725 gets 10.5k in 3dmark06 and gets 12.3k when cpu+gpu Ultraclocked.

Crysis:
It gets 17fps @ 1680X1050 @ gamer settings.
I get 18-19fps @same settings as above.

43k for a slight benefit does nt make sense.
Plus GT725 is only 3.2kgs and is only 120W compared to dell 5kgs and 230W.

The only worth laptops are frm:
Sager/Clevo
Asus
MSI

As I mentioned earlier,3D Marks are totally irrelevant for me and what makes you think I spend 43K more on it? I've noticed one thing. You're very good at assuming things. I spent just 3.5K for changing the processor from T8300 to T9300. It's the Core2Extreme processor that costs 43 K more. Research properly before throwing anything you come up with. I also added a AGEIA PhysX proccy for 8K.

Once again you great assumption. Why and how did you assume that my laptop gets 17 FPS with Crysis on whatever settings you mentioned?

As for the weight, gaming laptops are not meant to be placed on laps. Yeah, seems contradictory to their names but they become hot and are too heavy to be placed on laps. Once again this weight thingy is outta the scene.

And for carrying, Dell has provided me with a perfect carry bag for my lappy.( included in the cost)

T9300(2.5ghz)(35W) is hotter than mine(2.4ghz)(25W) and slower.
I hv inbuilt OC option in BIOS and can OC upto 24% stable.
Dell also has OC feature bt its already too hot.

Some ppl even reported 8k on m1730.
Jus google it.

How do you know that it's slower and hotter. Did you great assumption power help you here too? I've got Vista Ultimate 32-Bit SP1,Windows 7 RC1 and Ubuntu 9.04 installed on my lappy and they are as fast as you can get. Hot? 45-50 C ain't that hot for a mobile CPU? I've seen my MacBook C2D 2.4Ghz processor going upto 60C and still running smooth.

I never bought my lappy with overclocking in mind. In fact,I never OCed my PC too. I simply never needed it!

And about those 8K reporters, I don't care for people who run Windows 98 on SLI configs :-D . Sorry for this one.

Silicon Chip

Broken In
These are no assumptions, they are benchmarks.
Go google, read some reviews.

I thought that m1730 was much faster than mine bt stuttering is the negative effect of SLI.

I dont mean to offend bt Asus w90 with dual HD4870 and QX9300 and 6GB RAM with 18.4" lcd is 7.5-8kgs and a ton powerful than any nb.
Nthing beats it.
34FPS on 1920 X 1080.

@Mayanksahni
I dont reply to an idiot who thought that Q6600 was a quad core and who games on a shitty 8600 GT.

Silicon Chip

Broken In
I was saying that m1730 is 43k more expensive that mine.

And when u want to buy a laptop with GTX 280M worth 1.5L, then u dont care if it is in India or USA.
If u want it, then get it.
Asus India can get u the W90 on request bt it wud take some time plus custom duty, So..... It wud be, ehm..... 2L.
Thats the max i can think.
Coz mine costs
62k in USA bt 87k in India.

I thought that m1730 was much faster than mine bt stuttering is the negative effect of SLI.

I dont mean to offend bt Asus w90 with dual HD4870 and QX9300 and 6GB RAM with 18.4" lcd is 7.5-8kgs and a ton powerful than any nb.
Nthing beats it.
34FPS on 1920 X 1080.

Been using a SLI rig for 2 years now (PC),no stuttering as yet. I think you've had bad experiences with nVidia or something.

18.4",8 KGs,2 Lacs!!!!!!!! :shock:

And yeah what is Q6600 if not a quad core?

Please don't start personal attacks on somebody.

I was saying that m1730 is 43k more expensive that mine.

And when u want to buy a laptop with GTX 280M worth 1.5L, then u dont care if it is in India or USA.
If u want it, then get it.
Asus India can get u the W90 on request bt it wud take some time plus custom duty, So..... It wud be, ehm..... 2L.
Thats the max i can think.
Coz mine costs
62k in USA bt 87k in India.

If it's 40K more expensive then it's worth the extra cost.

I'm not a idiot who'd import laptops from USA or somewhere and end up paying 1.5 times the cost with duty and all. It's fine for me buying here only. I also couldn't find any ASUS dealer around and as far as I know Dell's service is top notch and way above others.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@Mayanksahni
I dont reply to an idiot who thought that Q6600 was a quad core and who games on a shitty 8600 GT.

lol
i pity u. then is it a half core? or a quarter core??

and do u think playing at max possible quality and res is what is called GAMING?
get a life dude. One of world most popular game CS dun even need an 8600GT for gaming. and AFAIK fnatic and others are far far greater GAMERZ that u are...

and if we import an ASUS lappy, and what if somethin goes wrong or deads?? is that the end of it?
or get another with all the saving u got while purchasing the first one?

Silicon Chip

Broken In
Q6600 are two dual cores on a single die, more like two dual cores on Intel Skulltrail mobo.
The four core hv prob. Sharing cache and that is a reason why Q6600 did gud in games coz only two cores were utilized whereas the task shud hv been divided amongst four cores.
@mayanksahni, man go to school learn physics, then go to college and learn what are transistors and them maybe you wud know what are dies and silicon wafers.

@Dom1nator, i think 8800M GT has 96 SP vs 32SP in 8600M GT.

And CS is one of the pathetic games with crappy gfx.

@sunny, was ur dell m1730 made in India?
Coz even regular Asus and MSI are made in Taiwan.

Taiwan.

Manners dude, manners. Next time you'll get reported.

One more thing. Graphics aren't everything that matters. CS is the No.1 online first person shooter. Nobody cares for lame comments dude. People like it and play it.

BTW I wiped out Vista and installed Windows 7 64-Bit RC1 on my laptop. Installed just Wolverine and played it on 1920x1200 all settings highest(by default),getting 60+ FPS. Will install Crysis and post frames.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Q6600 is still is a quad than a dual core. maybe its not a native one like phenom.
and btw 8800 has 112SP.

and that CS that u called pathetic, actually i was wondering how pathetic a gamer are u?

have u heard bout FATAL1TY? do u think he got the title by playing with world's greatest gfx card at highest setting and resolution?
he got titles in many games including UT 04, which cud be played at max even on an 8400GS card.
its one's skill which defines a gamer, not his wallet.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
IMO M1730 is the best lappy u would get in India.....and of course, the best customers services from Dell makes it even more worthy.

btw who is dat Silicon Chip here...?!!!

@Silicon Chip
if u try hard, u can get the NOTW title here...lol !!! ;-)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Nthing beats it.
34FPS on 1920 X 1080.

@Mayanksahni

lol... dude, everyone does not rely on their father's money to go out and buy costliest hardware parts just to brag on forums. ****, does it matter what you are gaming with ? NO, what matters is how you game. A friend of mine has 7600GT and I have an 8800GT and still he beats me at games like GRID, CoD4 and CS... so is he an idiot ? And even if the Q6600 is not a native Quad Core, it still can be called a Quad proccy....

And yes, online benchmarks are never precise and I must admit that you have an awe-****ing-some assumption skill.

Keep it up!

@Silicon Chip, mate you're getting bashed from all four sides. Better move quietly to a corner or you'll be chewed by people here:D

@Silicon Chip, mate you're getting bashed from all four sides. Better move quietly to a corner or you'll be chewed by people here:D

Silicon Chip

Broken In
Fu(k You!
A**holes!

Cant you fu(king idiots earn some $$$ yourself?

Its You ppl who hv spoiled India and reduced it to slums!
Fu(k You, you pretending impotent *******s!

And I dont care for mods. Anyway I didnt start it, and only kids go and do childish stuff like reporting.

If you got BALLS then come face me!

And you gamerz out there, first play Crysis at DELTA and then you are a gamer.

Till Then Fu(k You!

@Sillicon Chip: Enough of your dumb rantings. I am not wasting the click on the report button as desiibond already did that.

Want to prove your manliness ? Come and face the onboard graphics user's wrath here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79745

I bet your HD4850 OC can't beat The_Devil_Himself's Intel GMA x3000 :lol:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
crysis at delta?? are u joking?
ive finished 10 times in delta, even w/o using any weapons. just punches and throwing.
this proves, u are an uncivilized masochist.
and for ur knowledge, ive won tons of prizes for CS and UT 04,here in Kerala.

BOTS are just dumb, and its obvious that u havnt even tried the real challenge, the co-op games. Or it it too much for u kid to handle??????????????? maybe u shud get a better gfx card and try that DELTA all over again, maybe ull get a chance to shoot atleast.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.