Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Oldboy - My expectations were high. But it didn't quite impress me. Maybe I'd have liked it few years back.

Audition - Couple of scary moments. But boring.

The Host - Few good moments but thats it.

Dead Silence *www.imdb.com/title/tt0455760/
Saw it 6 mons back. Good for one time watch, with a decent twist in the end.

House of sand and fog - Worth a watch for Ben Kingsley and Jennifer Connelly

The Devil Wears Prada - Ok I agree its a girlish movie. But it ain't bad either. Worth a watch and nice ost too. Good performances.

Next on my list is Mimoh's Jimmy. Waiting for its dvd.
the Behramani family :D The ending is harsh reality in HOSAF

Maybe u spoiled the twist in Oldboy, after readin here n there
Audition is a slow movie till the 75% there is nothing but after that it takes a "U" turn, its more on a psychological side than pure entertainment.

The Host - Its got humorous moments and American propaganda.

Dead Silence : It was akin to AmityVille Horror, slightly more on jump horror, it was kinda not scary but yeah a few chilly moments were there, the twist at ending was the only thing that saved this movie for me.

remrow

This.. Is.. Sparta..!!
Die hard 4.0
Computer related. The movie was a block buster hit and a must watch movie.
The forbiddned kingdom - first movie to star jackie chan and jet li together
Epic movie- came recently on star movies. It is a funny movie on the big movies
Narnia series- The best fantasy movie i have watched

Last edited:

karmanya

Journeyman
If you're a beatles fan, you have to see "Across the Universe", story sucks, acting sucks and direction sucks even more, but its chock full of beatles songs.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Oldboy....Great movie

A little joke I found on IMDB, stating 10 good points why ZInda isnt a ripoff of Oldboy
Code:
1. Zinda have different actors
2. It's not set in Korea.
3. It's in Hindi, not Korean.
4. While Oldboy is 120 min long, Zinda is 116 min long.
5. Characters have different names. No one's named Oh Dae Su in Zinda, and there are no characters named Mido.
6. The main character was locked up 14 years and has 4 days to figure out why he was imprisoned, which is different from oldboy because the main character was locked up 15 years and has 5 days to figure out why he was imprisoned.
7. The director's name is Sanjay Gupta, not Chan-Woo Park.
8. Zinda was released in 2005 in INDIA, and Oldboy was released in 2003 in KOREA.
9. The movie poster is different (kinda...)
10. The movie trailer is different (kinda...)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^oldboy is a classic movie, not the usual crap with same sh!t.

Though u need to be open minded to see this movie. Keep your morals in a closet before watching. 14 years are enuf to dehumanize a man.

We are the evergreen oldboy :D

My siggy too has the dialog from the movie

Mido was put out of Zinda cuz people don't like in_cest, friggin hypocrites:rolleyes:

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
Well i would suggest Knight Rider[2007]. Its an awesome movie. I have watched it twice and just can't wait to watch it again some time later :)

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^oldboy is a classic movie, not the usual crap with same sh!t.

Though u need to be open minded to see this movie. Keep your morals in a closet before watching. 14 years are enuf to dehumanize a man.

Yup , absolutely. Very great film, one of my favs now. Looks like I'll be going for more Korean films now. By the way Its 15 years , not 14. :)
***SPOILER***

And Zinda had to change the incest thing or Shiv Shena would've stopped the release of the film.

***SPOILER ENDS HERE***

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yup , absolutely. Very great film, one of my favs now. Looks like I'll be going for more Korean films now. By the way Its 15 years , not 14. :)
***SPOILER***

And Zinda had to change the incest thing or Shiv Shena would've stopped the release of the film.

***SPOILER ENDS HERE***
Seems like u coming to a whole new experience, and believe me Korean cinema has got some very cool movies. Gimme a call if u want to know abt some.

Yeah I watched Oldboy long time ago so forgot the the minor details :D

Top Bottom