Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
District B13 - Its one of the French movies you will see.
Genre: Action
Yeah Banlieue 13
nice action packed free running movie, with not so goood story and subtle twists at the end

The good ones have already been discussed. Let me recall some :-

Mar adentro (Spanish) - Inspired by true story, based on euthanasia(mercy killing) and CADASIL (cerebral autosomal dominant arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopathy) :D
Dear Frankie (Scottish) - Has Gerad Butler in it. Watch it with subtitles as the scottish accent is a bit heavy on ears no mater how good you are at english :p
Snow cake (Canadian)
Cidade de deus (Portuguese) aka City of god - guess you must have already seen it by now.
Питер FM (Russian) Thats Piter FM... its actually the name of a fm radio channel in st. petersburg, russia - cute movie.
Khuda ke liye Quite impressed by the way they handled the subject, that too in Pakistan!
Hitler: The rise of evil - A MUST watch if you haven't till yet. Its not about the war. Its about how Hitler rose to power. You need to watch Robert Carlyle's performance as Hitler to believe it.
Das Leben der Anderen known as The Lives of Others lengthy but interesting German movie.
Sophie Scholl - The final days another german movie which is very highly rated by I wasn't quite impressed by it.
Open Your Eyes - Spanish - The original inspiration for Vanilla Sky.
Phoolan Hasina Raamkali Its one more from Gunda's director Kanti Shah, but you can skip it.

And Korean movies. But you already are a Korean king!

ps - pm on the way

thnx for the recommendations. I was out of net cuz of BSNL.
Here is one Icelandic movie thats filled with nice music and humour 101 Reykjavik

Mystic River
another nice movie

Finally watched Resident Evil Trilogy in Full HD ;)
One word Awesome
honestly u should look at 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later
RE 1 is the only one that was anything closer to good.

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
The Forbidden Kingdom Quite a good one.... watch if you are a Jet Li, Jackie fan.. both of them in the same movie for the 1st time i think :cool:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Yeah 28 Weeks Later has some flaws but not as much as RE has. Though the original soundtrack and character were nicely crafted. All I heard in RE was some ATB or Marilyn tracks in background when there was some fight scene, that was kinda lol.
But the adrenaline factor was absolute in 28 weeks later. I was thrilled throughout the movie.

Mine fav is 28 days later, Boyle directed it intelligently and with decent plot. 28 months later is coming and guess what this time Boyle is directing it :)

a_medico

Chillum Baba
28 days later remains my fav too. And I love Marilyn Manson music in RE1. RE1 overall was quite enjoyable. Didn't quite enjoy RE2and3.

The Kingdom was awesome. I think it didn't get the attention it deserved. Even I came to know about it quite late. Also love few of its instrumental tracks.

I am finding Korean movies just like Bollywood movies. Good thing is, they use the songs in the background and not as item numbers. Songs from My Sassy Girl, The Classic and Windstruck were quite hummable.

My Sassy Girl - Was quite funny. And there were quite a few scenes in the movie which I could relate to with my life. So found it even more amazing. Babe is to die for! She turns up in every alternate korean movie. I think she is Korea's Aishwarya Rai.

The Classic - I wonder why they haven't done the remake of this movie in bollywood yet. It would be a big hit. Loved it. And the babe is good. Few scenes are quite touchy.

Loved the fart song and the scene where the hero meets the heroine after the war and the song in the background.

Is there anyway I could get the songs from Classic and Sassy?

3-Iron - Quite unusual. Still researching few things about the ending. But the movie was mesmerising. So was the song Hafsa by Natacha Atlas which is there throughout the movie. Searching for it.

Windstruck - Was a masala movie. Ending was typical bollywood style, Kajol gets Salman type. But was enjoyable. Loved the Korean Rap track when the babe shoots the car. Babe has become a bit plump(or so I thought?).

Il-Mare - AWESOME. I had seen The Lake House before and enjoyed it. The Lake House was made in 2006 and Il-Mare in 2000. Still, the look of Il-Mare was so fresh. The movie itself is much better than The Lake House, which ain't a bad watch either.

If I were into Bhatt Productions in bollywod, i'd remake most of the korean movies(but without Emraan Hashmi in it).

Last edited:

xbonez

NP : Crysis
anyone who has read the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyers and is looking fowd to the movie? I saw the trailer and it seems awesome...too bad its releasing on 12/12/08...a long wait

xbonez

21 and Rounders - both awesome movies...the former is about Blackjack counters from MIT, the latter about Matt Damon a poker player.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Hmm .. so current favs seem to be
1.The Bank Job - really need to see this one !
2.IronMan - dont tell me its better than spiderman !
3.21 - seems to have an awesome storyline .. mm

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Yeah....a bit of "nudity" in it......it was essential to plot however :))
My recommendation:
Primal Fear

Great acting by Edward Norton

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The Prestige.El Magnifico movie.:D

I have always respected Christopher Nolan as a director.This movie just proved his vision to be far beyond my imagination.Outstanding performances by all the actors.Hugh Jackman especially & big applauds to Christian Bale as well.Michael Cane,I salute you sir.Rock solid performace as usual.More than what I had seen in Batman Begins.Amazing movie & storyline was brilliant.Although the cloning concept was a bit dodgy.But apart from that the film was an absolute treat.:)

GameAddict

In the zone
Recently saw "Point Break" (90s action/thriller Keanu movie) and "The Orphanage" (Spanish movie from the guys who made "Pan's Labyrinth").

Enjoyed both! :)

xbonez

i arranged them merely on basis of entertainment value...while all the three movies are from varied genres, the aim of a movie is to entertain, and thats what i rated them on. though it goes without saying that this is merely my personal opinion. you may think differently

i found bank job bank-heist wise not too gud since their planning was quite crude....if it comes to sheer innovation of plan, the inside man winds hands dows

cant compare Iron Man and bank Job........ Totally Different genre, different aspect all together........... I loved Bank Job, Iron man as well but from a totally different perspective.........Iron man is pretty good for a super hero movie. Bank Job on the other hand is one of the best Heist movie I have seen...........

Top Bottom