Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Rocky Handsome 6.5/10

Go only for action (starts post interval and stops seldom)

Inspired by "A man from nowhere" which they did not mention but wrote "adapted by" <an Indian name>
Good action choreography. Check it out if 'only' action interests you.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Rocky Handsome 6.5/10

Go only for action (starts post interval and stops seldom)

Inspired by "A man from nowhere" which they did not mention but wrote "adapted by" <an Indian name>
Good action choreography. Check it out if 'only' action interests you.

Its Must watch film for Jeong-beom Lee's -The Man from Nowhere (2010) & No Tears for the Dead (2014)

A

amit.tiger12

hey anyone on Trakt?
Automatically track TV &amp;amp; movies you're - Trakt.t

So i can follow their TV & movies list.. anyone???

- - - Updated - - -

Batman V superman review please..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Batman vs. Superman : Dawn of Justice 7.5/10

It seemed they scripted the Bat vs. Sup part first then tried to form a story to reach that clash.
First half is really incoherent. There are story threads which has not impact or confuses things rather clearing them up.

Second half is what you went through a 2 year wait and ignored a somewhat less appealing first half.
Action starts, WW enters and kicks some ass...a total nerdgasm.

But, but it was never clear why Batman wanted to kill Superman? I could understand why Superman wanted to bring down Batman (not kill though) but Batman seemed hell bent on killing him.

And, Ben Affleck is THE batman we were waiting for. He did real good.

The much hyped Aquaman and Flash were just eyewash!

A

amit.tiger12

Mine
Mohd Zaki Haji (ZTR)'s profile - Trakt.t

thank you.. following you on trakt..

I am on trakt.tv ...

Sammy's profile - Trakt.t

BvsS ... going on sat eve so review sat night ...

thank you.. following you on trakt..
ok. i was planing to go for early morning show on friday, but it was 3D movie so I skipped. I think they have done proper shooting with IMAX, so going there next week.

icebags

Technomancer
Batman Vs Superman - 7.5/10 : batman could not accept superman being so powerful.

the movie looked like having the previous supman movie vibe, & is much different than batman movie trilogy.
when we accept it's not that batman movie anymore, it gets more enjoyable. first half could be better though, seemed like some kind of prologue.

and the fame movie theatre showed 40 minutes of ads during the 3 hrs showtime, full full extra profit, with the high tiket prices they are charging people with these days.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Batman Vs Superman - Dawn Of Justicewell I guess I am officially board from these so called most of the super hero movies now. Especially with DC I believe. I am not sure how fans and others might take this review. but I was actually bored by BvS-DOJ, especially first half.

The plot was very incoherent at least for me, see the major backdrop of the plot and the title as well, is Batman is pissed off by superman coz of the events of the first film, granted .... and I think 3/4 of the movie is dedicated to establishing this fact only. So much so that BM wants to kill SM for the same. When the moment arrives ..... Batman stops because his mother's first name is the same as Superman's mother's????. And so they become the best of friends, instantly, Just like that. And Batman has no issues any more.... that was sooo lame and so rushed.

The govt has the ship and zods body for I don't know how long, but lex just barges into the ship and does what he needs to do, and no one ever came across the idea that this can be done.

Lex character is so underdeveloped, why does he hate superman ???

Wonder women, no background, she just decides to help at the last moment, where was she in the first movie ..???

I can go on and on ... but lets comes to other aspects .....

Effects well no doubt good and top class level, but was there anything that made it special, not seen, unique .... nope, I didn't find any ....
let's assume and give the benefit of the continuity, and try to enjoy the last battle ...... but as soon as you start to get the hang of it ,,, it ends, the climax was so short and underdeveloped.

All scenes with batmobile and the gadgets were just ok, The dark knight was way too far better when it came to showing batman and his persona on the screen

Well, I did not like Zack Snyder anyway, did not like any of his movies except "watchman" and "Dawn of the dead" maybe. ,.....I am not very excited that he is carrying the torch for DC with JL part one and two.

I think Marvel is way ahead with their franchise and characters, even though there are disappointments in their line of movies as well .... ...6/10 for DOJ

- - - Updated - - -

lol almost the entire movie all they did was to show why SM hated BM and you couldnt get it ......pardon my bluntness, but the reason was right on our faces......

you are officially what?? lol...

btw you might want to include that review in spoiler....

@mods needed here...

- - - Updated - - -

Haters gonna hate, @all batman vs superman is an epic movie... best watch it in a theater in 3d...

- - - Updated - - -

Batman Vs Superman - 7.5/10

batman could not accept superman being so powerful. the movie looked like having the previous supman movie vibe, & is much different than batman movie trilogy.

when we accept it's not that batman movie anymore, it gets more enjoyable. first half could be better though, seemed like some kind of prologue.

and the fame movie theatre showed 40 minutes of ads during the 3 hrs showtime, full full extra profit, with the high tiket prices they are charging people with these days.

they needed that much time for proper setup....

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The Iceman (2012) - 7/10
Good movie and based on True story...Excellent acting by Shannon
and if u like God Father or Mafia type movies then its a must watch

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
lol almost the entire movie all they did was to show why SM hated BM and you couldnt get it ......pardon my bluntness, but the reason was right on our faces......

I get the hate but never the need of "kill".

Superman did not want to kill Batman.
But, I'm not clear on Batman's logic of "killing" Superman. He seemed to be scared of Superman more than anything. And wanted to finish him of to get over that scare. Kinda contradicting move if you consider Batman's ideology.
He's always portrayed to be the most logical person, investigates truth and he seemed to be not doing anything when tackling Superman.
Just on kill mode!!!

That disturbed me and as you too pointed out sudden best-friend mode sure pointed out how hollow his logics might be when deciding to kill superman that he could become best of friends with him in no time.

Or, there could be a simple reason for all this....a sloppy directing.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
eh im gonna skip. The trailer itself looked sad. If anyone would have said only Lex Luthor's character was good, then I would have watched it.
gonna skip civil war too. :)
only interested in gotg2 and infinity war now. Suicide Squad if someone says it is good.

Top Bottom