Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Pasapa

Live to die another day
wow. Did not expect Spotlight to actually get the best picture over Mad Max Fury Road. Think as far as cinema is concerned, Mad Max Fury Road should have won. But, kind of glad Spotlight got it because I think it gives out a much bigger message than bringing up catholic church sexual abuse cases, (happened in Ollur, Kerala in India according to credits in movie). It also gives out the message of the importance, and relevance of good journalism.

- - - Updated - - -

also, anyone saw filmfare awards? it was so wannabe meta and sad. Didn't hit. Was very uncomfortable and awkward. I think the biggest fail in their whole approach, was that show was confused on whether it was meant for the tv audience or the people actually attending the ceremony.

Yea, I'm from that part in Kerala. Didn't know the movie was about that. Thanks for the info

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Regression 4/10

The most boring horror movie. I guess it was not sure what it was trying to do.Spend too much time to convey a message.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
The Exorcist III - 4.5/10
I think its a one time watch although below average. It feels like like a horror movie and more like a drama which by itself isn't a bad thing but I thought it didn't work in this case.
Unlike the original which was memorable and had many scary scenes, this one has just one good scene that I can remember a few days after watching.
On the other had the bad guy is great. I just wish they had done something different with the movie.

The Revenant 7/10

ashs1

Padawan
Deadpool - 9/10
Neerja - 7/10
The revenant - 7.5/10
Bridge of spies - 7/10

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Three Movies released this week:

Zootopia (2016) - IMD
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (2016) - IMD
London Has Fallen (2016) - IMD

Any suggestions ?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Apocalypse Now (1979) - 8.5/10
I don't watch War movies..but this one is marvelous...
superb 'War' setup by the director, everything looks real in a 1979 film

another splendid movie is Full Metal Jacket (1987)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Jupiter Acending ...... I loved this movie. Period!, I have no idea about why so much of hate on IMDb for this movie, OK yes I agree the plot is razor thin, but its not crap, by no means, as stated by so many reviews on IMDB, come on its scifi, it will hold something that seems implausible. As if there aren't movies out there that were amazing success but were extremely far fetched ...Do you think "the matrix" plot of the one saving the world and blah blah does not sound clichéd ..... damm it was the treatment that made all the difference. Even though Yes JA does not in no way comes even remotely close to matrix, I LOVED the presentation, cinematography, and the CGI!!..... BOY oh BOY, I personally DO NOT like CGI infested action sequences, even if its Star Wars, (where its inevitable to create anything without CGI in todays scenario.) BUT JA, took it to another level, it was pure, exhilarating, mind wrenching space action,....damm the fist action sequence of 5-6 minute alone would be the price of admission for me. It was spectacularly crafted and executed. I guess people were expecting some really serious psychological space thriller. Why was Mad Max:FR a hit, was it some serious study in to cinema art or action for that matter, or a plot that was brain crunching ...NO. It was one bad ass guy kicking some butt to save the women and it was an action/cgi riot all the way. JA is same in space with a mind-blowing alternative universe with its own ecosystem, species and history created ..... in my books this is 7/10
Sam, this was most probably one of those movies which I could not finish due to the sheer disgust it created in me.
This is a boring movie.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
watched Jupiter Ascending and Cloud Atlas in almost empty auditorium. I just love wachowski bro and sis movies. no clue what they are doing but it is all beautiful and brilliant.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
damm I am sorrry it was so bad for you, I guess you were also expecting something else. For me it was pure total fun. Did you watch it in a Theatre? How was speed racer for you... :)
No,not theater but that does not make it something extra special.
It was a bad movie indeed.

And, I've not seen "Speed Racer"

Top Bottom