Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

A

amit.tiger12

my personal opinion about all reviews and critics.. they are all personal opinions, truly.. not all people are same and their opinion about film will be different.
If you see deadpool movie it's not that good movie but its rated higher on IMDB. I watched deadpool and seem ok, really funny good action, i liked that movie. But those ratings are truly worth it? Compare those IMDB ratings with other movies with same rating. It's just doesn't matter.

It's really a personal review for them. If they make film then something has to be their in that film. If you want to watch it go and watch it. Because there are lot of hard work (may be) done for making films.
If your not sure to watch it or not, give it a try on illegal source. If you really want to spend money then go and watch it, sometimes your brain or mind will tell you this is **** movie, then wait for better print..
there are handful users on this thread, they hate some movies, but when it's aired on TV or available on net (better quality) they do watch it.

I hate some big names in bollywood but sometimes their film do entertain me. So how I gonna rate it? with hating at release or after watching it?
Some of my friends are big fan some big names of bollywood, but i respect their feelings & do watch films "sometimes" with them, they are fanboys and you know what they do to make hit or making other movie flop.

And all these who call others fanboys, face reality, we all are fanboys here, so better don't call it.

I admire every movie, and watch every movie, even if its flop disaster etc i do watch (fast forward, if possible) it.
After watching it I decide whether it was good or bad, but just for me not for others.

Happy Movietime..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I don't understand what is the issue with DC?! Why always trying to be too serious on their comic characters.

They are comic characters and mainly created for children.
Rajeev Masand rightly pointed out that in the whole movie none laughed, not even smiled. Even Clark Kent does not a single "human" scene.
A total disoriented script solely depending on the USP of "Batman vs Superman".

Comparing BvS with Avengers (equally shitty first half in that too) but they spanned the story very well. The gave time to develop the bond between the nighties and brought out various memorable one-liners.

Avengers 1 was a guilty pleasure. A bad movie but an well made second half makes your uneasy first half forgetful.
For BvS I wanted to enjoy the movie and like my wife who knows nothing about the conflict I too seldom questioned in the back of my mind "what is happening? why is it necessary to do and why him?"

And, as the cat is already out of the box...

what is the meaning of the dream sequence of "post apocalyptic batman fighting superman army" and then wake up from it to face 'someone" from future warning him of Superman and then he wakes up again!!!
I was like WTH...Batman needing dream sequences to take decision!!!?? An abomination to Batman myth that is what this movie is.

Then Easter eggs like "The joke's on you Bat" written on "Nighwing's" costume (Nightwing I guess)
Did we miss another movie in between or what?

anky

Youngling
I don't understand what is the issue with DC?! Why always trying to be too serious on their comic characters.

Rajeev Masand rightly pointed out that in the whole movie none laughed, not even smiled. Even Clark Kent does not a single "human" scene.
A total disoriented script solely depending on the USP of "Batman vs Superman".

Comparing BvS with Avengers (equally shitty first half in that too) but they spanned the story very well. The gave time to develop the bond between the nighties and brought out various memorable one-liners.

Avengers 1 was a guilty pleasure. A bad movie but an well made second half makes your uneasy first half forgetful.
For BvS I wanted to enjoy the movie and like my wife who knows nothing about the conflict I too seldom questioned in the back of my mind "what is happening? why is it necessary to do and why him?"

And, as the cat is already out of the box...

what is the meaning of the dream sequence of "post apocalyptic batman fighting superman army" and then wake up from it to face 'someone" from future warning him of Superman and then he wakes up again!!!
I was like WTH...Batman needing dream sequences to take decision!!!?? An abomination to Batman myth that is what this movie is.

Then Easter eggs like "The joke's on you Bat" written on "Nighwing's" costume (Nightwing I guess)
Did we miss another movie in between or what?

that person was the flash, he came from future to warn batman about something, mainly setting up things for the next movie in the series. that dream sequence showed darkseid army (those fly like creatures), where darkseid must have taken superman into his control. Also , that dress was of robin.

icebags

Technomancer

those children have grown up, they dont want to see those childish comics any more. many of the viewers prefer dark theme over comic superhero movies. me for ex, liked bvs more than deadpool.

also many people fin current dark superman franchisee more than the old classical superman franchisee.

icebags

Technomancer
yea those children have grown up ... and now no more children will populate the earth ....lol what logic .... Agree you would like to watch Drak themed super Heros movies, but your logic was absurd ...lol...... Even i like Dark Themed super Hero movies/TV series ..... best example is TDK and I just LOVED Daredevil, as opposed to childish, lame Flash. and too an extent Arrow as well. BUT, Dark Theme does not mean you make a sneseless film without logic and direction. BvS was stupid in its logic, and all it did was to show the supposed "Dark" theme, which fell flat if you ask me, just making all the actors super serious throughout the movie and filming it almost entirly during night does not make a dark themed movie ...lolzz ....

umm my logic isn't exclusively for the grownups. what i wanted to say is there are already many superman batman stuff for kids already, it wont hurt to make a film for some specific type of people who prefer dark gloomy/ night time screens, logic can come another day.

if some people like watchmen, then they will probably like this too.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Contagion
If you have liked side effects then you should watch this too. From the same director on somewhat similar topic (Not same). Anyway this movie could have been slightly better but still its good enough.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Contagion
If you have liked side effects then you should watch this too. From the same director on somewhat similar topic (Not same). Anyway this movie could have been slightly better but still its good enough.

Yes..Its Amazing without tense..!!!

anky

Youngling
Yes seen contagion as well, it was another well made movie, however not as thrilling as I would have hoped for, but still decent attempt ....

- - - Updated - - -

its going to release in 2017, where did you watch it? or is it the Lego movie you talking about, it also has the batman character and pretty darn cute too. or may be you watched the trailer and posted ... :)
there is already one lego movie made of batman, it had robin along with rest of the justice league too.
you can see the lsit here, the one i was talkign about is direct to dvd movie.
List of Lego films - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedi

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Watchmen movie was ok, totally expected the movie to have more of the cinematic panels as the graphic novel. Time travelling Dr Manhattan was missed opportunity. Also, original ending was waay better.

Went and saw BvS
Liked the pearls scene, Bats lifting up Wayne. Like the constant comparisons and questions about the place of someone like Superman in our lives. It got pretty meta just before the endings began. Liked all of Bat's toys. Liked Wonder Woman, Khal Drogo and Hairy Luthor. Liked the action, and the music in the end. They just scaled up the Bay circular tracking shots. Was good enough in 3D. No complaints here.

A

amit.tiger12

Watchmen movie was ok, totally expected the movie to have more of the cinematic panels as the graphic novel. Time travelling Dr Manhattan was missed opportunity. Also, original ending was waay better.

Went and saw BvS
Liked the pearls scene, Bats lifting up Wayne. Like the constant comparisons and questions about the place of someone like Superman in our lives. It got pretty meta just before the endings began. Liked all of Bat's toys. Liked Wonder Woman, Khal Drogo and Hairy Luthor. Liked the action, and the music in the end. They just scaled up the Bay circular tracking shots. Was good enough in 3D. No complaints here.
BvS in imax? I'm planning to go..

If someone compared imax version to normal please share your view.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
BvS
Bat has a story arc that goes from no use guns - use guns - use grappling gun. So in terms of Bat fight sequences it goes from lethal takedowns to non lethal takedowns. I like that message and arc, although it is glaringly simple. I think they compensated for the intensity with dumbness, and it was just the right amount of dumb.

Top Bottom