Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Not a 9/10 for me. It's the same formula. Indeed a good watch.

I agree it's the same formula but rather looking the movie from the girl's perspective watch from a third person perspective.

It's almost a satire (I agree, not the 'satire' but I'm not sure what to call such movies). Every scene is really thought out properly and created with utmost look to details.

Every scene has a goal like "She hates eating Broccoli, now should she? What could be going on in her mind while refusing Broccoli?" This theme applies throughout the movie. I liked this perspective and found it a refreshing take on a formula movie.

- - - Updated - - -

IP Man 3 7/10

Started with high hopes bu the movie is polluted with unnecessary subplots which were shaken off so abruptly.

Action choreography is great as always and seeing Donnie Yen fighting is really pleasing.
Best moment is sure his action with Tyson.

To sum it up, the franchise knows the worth of "IP Man" brand in cinema world and taking the audience for granted. We have numerous martial art movies but "IP Man" was always held high due its good story along with commendable acting and action. Alas, they are keeping only the action and paying less focus on telling a story.

shreeux

Movie Buff
I like this too... Court room drama...

The Client (2011)
Eui-roi-in (original title)
2h 3min | Crime, Mystery, Thriller | 29 September 2011 (South Korea)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Mockingjay 2

A joke compared to the first Hunger Games movie, but cant really blame them, this novel in particular was pretty much forced and I didnt have much expectations, but this movie just felt like everything had been made hastily to fit a certain deadline..
Only watched because I had respect for Jennifer Lawrence..

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Wow!!! I didn't expect "FAN" to be dark when I watched Jabra song/teaser. Though I didn't understand the dialogue, I got goosebumps man. Total unexpected. One of the best trailer ever... :thumbs:

quan chi

mortal kombat
The way back 2010
Another must watch movie. No its not a sequel or prequel to the movie I mentioned above , I mean in case if you don't know. I was looking for some travel based movies on IMDB & it showed me this movie in "People who liked this also liked.." category.

Though its rated 7.3 at IMDB I would still say its slightly underrated. Awesome direction by Peter Weir. Also salute to those gulag prisoners who made it this far to their freedom. I was not aware of it & came to know this from this film.

shreeux

Movie Buff
The way back 2010
Another must watch movie. No its not a sequel or prequel to the movie I mentioned above , I mean in case if you don't know. I was looking for some travel based movies on IMDB & it showed me this movie in "People who liked this also liked.." category.

Though its rated 7.3 at IMDB I would still say its slightly underrated. Awesome direction by Peter Weir. Also salute to those gulag prisoners who made it this far to their freedom. I was not aware of it & came to know this from this film.

Yes...Its amazing movie..!!!

Also another Must watch Based on True Events. ....Rabbit-Proof Fence (2002)

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
I rate it 3/10. I haven't rated a movie this low recently.

damm I am sorrry it was so bad for you, I guess you were also expecting something else. For me it was pure total fun. Did you watch it in a Theatre? How was speed racer for you... :)

watched Jupiter Ascending and Cloud Atlas in almost empty auditorium. I just love wachowski bro and sis movies. no clue what they are doing but it is all beautiful and brilliant.

Sam, this was most probably one of those movies which I could not finish due to the sheer disgust it created in me.
This is a boring movie.

Most stupidest movie I watched too..
Was boring..

Would rate it 5/10

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I donno, Im trying to figure out what went wrong with Jupiter Ascending. I enjoyed it for their inventive film grammar, the insane and innovative production techniques, character and spaceship design, and editing. The film was technically brilliant, and that blew me away more than the story.
I guess a big part of why people cannot appreciate jupiter ascending it is that they just made the only original sci fi movie that was not already a series, book, video game, comic, amusement park ride or folk tale.

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yeah just the chicago dawn chase sequence was soooo well done. movie was worth it for that.

Shoot and stitch: making Jupiter Ascending’s Chicago chase | fxguid

Camera Experts Designed a New Kind of 360° Rig for Jupiter Ascending

Last edited:

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Blue Valentine - 7/10 - Kind of like Revolutionary Road. But I liked this one much better.
The performances were awesome. Michelle Williams was nominated for this, Ryan Gosling should had been nominated too.

A

amit.tiger12

you guys really watch so many movies in theatres?
Who told you that.. ?
Theater is boring place where you waste time, money and everything.. can't rewind pause fast forward.. And get annoyed by people's comments, claps, whistle, rigging bells, loud talking, baby crying, blocking view..
Theatres are not personal thing for entertainment.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yeah totes
movies are made for big screen. That is the native presentation format.
prefer early morning shows. less crowd.
mad max, avengers, gotg, avengers 2 went 3-4 times. Once it goes off theaters, very difficult to get another chance. Mad Max is back though, which is great.

- - - Updated - - -

but the concept of someone owning the universe and planets as business was interesting if you ask me
maybe you might like SyFy's The Expanse. TV series though.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=6966]sam9s[/MENTION] Expanse is not so must watch (I stopped watching after a couple of episodes, intend to continue, but you might like it :p )

This title sequence by Sarofsky for GOTG
*i.imgur.com/mHn1EVi.jpg
No good on smaller screens

Attachments

• 1023160-sarofsky-creates-main-titles-marvel-s-guardians-galaxy.jpg
    1023160-sarofsky-creates-main-titles-marvel-s-guardians-galaxy.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 74

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Harlock: Space Pirate (2013) - 7.5/10
Awesome & Stunning CGI and is a visual treat to watch it on Full HD.
After FF: Advent Children this one has potential to compete on CGI effects.

The only thing lacking is poor story and the english subtitles (as the movies is in Japanese).

Other than that its a must watch for any CGI fan who likes Animated movies.

Some of the other movies in stunning CGI are :
1. FF : Advent Children
2. Resident Evil : Damnation
3. Tekken: Blood Vengeance

Top Bottom