Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
V/H/S 7/10

In found footage category this is a good one since long time. Scary at times, creepy for obvious and the blood and gore is justified. What more do you want from a horror movie. Must watch.
One thing you have to admit, Ram Gopal Verma sure did start something which grew bigger outside of India.

The Night of the Hunter 7/10

This is a creepy movie too, but the climax or the scenes after climax ruined it. Its listed in cult, I can understand the reason...none ever tried such movie with kids. Try it.

on "/V/H/S", there are few things I did not understand. If any of you has seen it and confident that you got what you saw...let me know I've some questions for you.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
V/H/S 7/10

In found footage category this is a good one since long time. Scary at times, creepy for obvious and the blood and gore is justified. What more do you want from a horror movie. Must watch.
One thing you have to admit, Ram Gopal Verma sure did start something which grew bigger outside of India.

The Night of the Hunter 7/10

This is a creepy movie too, but the climax or the scenes after climax ruined it. Its listed in cult, I can understand the reason...none ever tried such movie with kids. Try it.

on "/V/H/S", there are few things I did not understand. If any of you has seen it and confident that you got what you saw...let me know I've some questions for you.

I have seen vhs and liked it :)
Shoot ur questions . We can try to find answers

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
What is with the fourth story(?) where the girl video chats and something creepy happens. I did not understand a bit of the plot. When the guy cut her open he removed something from her back, seemed like a placenta. Was it really?
And what about her itching hand?
And, whom the guy was talking to when he cut her open? Ghosts, but they did not seem to be ghosts.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
What is with the fourth story(?) where the girl video chats and something creepy happens. I did not understand a bit of the plot. When the guy cut her open he removed something from her back, seemed like a placenta. Was it really?
And what about her itching hand?
And, whom the guy was talking to when he cut her open? Ghosts, but they did not seem to be ghosts.

[h=3]The Sick Thing That Happened to Emily When She Was Younger[/h]Directed by Joe Swanberg
A woman named Emily and her doctor-to-be boyfriend, James, video chat about the strange bump on her arm and how it reminds her of her leg when she was younger. She talks about her apartment being haunted; James does not believe this but recorded scares around the apartment occur. She sees visions of young children appearing in the night, and tries to ask her landlord if anyone has ever died in the apartment, thinking the child is a spirit. The landlord denies this and more scares continue to happen. One day Emily wants to go into a room and search with her eyes closed. James guides her and she soon faces two children, a boy and a girl, who attack her. Emily appears unconscious and James quickly enters the room with the children. It is shown that they are working together, as James has been nearby her apartment the entire time. He extracts a strange fetus-like thing from her back. With some concern for her well-being, he asks them how many times they are going to need him to remove it before no more grow inside her, and how long the tracking device implanted in her arm will continue to operate. They respond with inaudible whispers, and he breaks her arm and bruises her eye to make it look like she was hit by a car, before noticing that her webcam is still on. He turns it off, and the scene jumps forward to Emily talking to James, with a black eye and her arm in a splint. She tells James how the doctor he recommended diagnosed her as having a mild form of schizophrenia, and that it explains everything, that the ghosts were "all in her head" and why she doesn't remember "running in front of a car." They hang up, and the video cuts to James talking to a different woman—apparently also his girlfriend—who displays a strange bump on her arm...

This is what i could find from wiki . This film is a compilation of works of 6 directors . And all of them have excelled in creating creepy concepts that fits perfectly as a whole :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
he asks them how many times they are going to need him to remove it before no more grow inside her, and how long the tracking device implanted in her arm will continue to operate.
This is where I'm lost. Is the fetus any how related to the kids?
What about the device? Are they alien?
Are they using human being as hosts?
All other stories are spirit related, hence can be accepted on face value but this one is either very brilliant story or very poorly made.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
I don't think it is a poorly made story just to fill the gaps . All the other segments were equally creepy . And they would never have included this if it was some idiotic stuff :)
I couldn't find any explanation to the stories online . May be we should wait until the film is released for theaters .

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005) - IMDb Nice movie. Not terrifying but the story is really good and the acting by all the cast is phenomenal. 6/10

Snow White and the Huntsman (2012) - IMDb Very boring movie,acting was horrible,direction and storytelling very flimsy,tried to do a lot in limited time. The Only saving grace was the cinematography which was done absolutely beautifully. 4/10

quan chi

mortal kombat
I really dont know why they made ek tha tiger.The movie has almost nothing.It could have been made into a nice story if they had given some thoughts over the theme.Infact i still dont understand why they even made this movie.Overall it has Nothing except salman khan.Only few scenes during the opening and during the climax is worth watching.Other than that its a waste.

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 (Video 2012) - IMDb - 9/10

Classic storytelling of how Batman returns, when the crime rises up after 10 years of his retirement.
Nice to see a lady-robin in there.

This is just a part one.
Joker is gonna be the villain in Part2

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Raaz 3 (2012) - 5/10
not so good

Heroine (2012) - 6/10
Karina is looking gorgeous :wub: ...story resembles real life events

Battleship (2012) - 7.5/10
SFX is superb....but lacked on story...
is njoyable on Full HD :)