Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
What if I start watching "Alien" series with "Prometheus" ?
I won't be asking many questions then I guess :p

Still you will be asking questions.:D

Have you seen it?

If you haven't then please do see it.
You can answer those questions yourself if you stress your mind a bit.This time they have included many philosophical things.logically the climax is almost perfect and no sequel is required.But it is a bit tricky too as it also leaves a scope for the team to build a new story.If you liked alien you will like it too.:)

quan chi

mortal kombat
I'm yet to watch the whole 'Alien' series...so what do you say, should I start the way it was made?
In my personal opinion yes.Watch alien first then Prometheus.In this way you will feel more satisfied after watching the later.

Forgot to mention Michael Fassbender as David in the later has really done a good job.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Tonight you're mine (You Instead) - Watched this again. Indie movie, very well made. Nice love story. Nice songs. Different. Slowly grows on you.

P.S. - What a coincidence. Its by David Mackenzie, director of Perfect Sense.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Why don't someone make a movie named Horrorscope. It should include someone ordering horoscope online and then it turns into horror.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Devil 6.5/10

Interesting movie. Liked it and it surprised me as I did not expect such a compelling story from it.

//Influence of SAW if I may add?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Still you will be asking questions.:D

Have you seen it?

If you haven't then please do see it.
You can answer those questions yourself if you stress your mind a bit.This time they have included many philosophical things.logically the climax is almost perfect and no sequel is required.But it is a bit tricky too as it also leaves a scope for the team to build a new story.If you liked alien you will like it too.:)

I kind of don't agree with the bold part. Lots of questions are unanswered. The reason are as follows:

1. Who are the engineers and where do they come from?
2. If they created humanity, why they wanted to destroy us by creating that bio-weapon?
3. Why did they create that bio-weapon?
4. The protagonist in the final scene does leave the planet in one of engineer's space ship with "David the android" and does speculate about a sequel.

quan chi

mortal kombat
I kind of don't agree with the bold part. Lots of questions are unanswered. The reason are as follows:

1. Who are the engineers and where do they come from?
2. If they created humanity, why they wanted to destroy us by creating that bio-weapon?
3. Why did they create that bio-weapon?
4. The protagonist in the final scene does leave the planet in one of engineer's space ship with "David the android" and does speculate about a sequel.
All those questions have answers.Read what i have mentioned again.The movie has gone too much into philosophy.You have to think a lot here.Its not the regular alien movie.:D
Hint :- The matrix series.
Moreover i would like to re-quote that sentence again by making a small change. i think you missed these.
logically & philosophically the climax is almost perfect and no sequel is required.But it is a bit tricky too as it also leaves a scope for the team to build a new story
Now i think you will understand.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Well okay but i think answer for point no. 2 is important and maybe it will get answered in a sequel. Agree with the philosophical part.
Also David made some antagonistic actions.

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^
Have you seen the Terminator series that is your answer no 2.
Hope you will understand.:) lets not add any more spoilers.

Edit:- i feel thats a straight answer.Therefore added a spoiler tag.

Last edited:
Top Bottom