Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Krow

Crowman
8 mile is good, worth it for the rap battles, especially the last one.

Liked Barfi too, but Anurag Basu has shamelessly ripped off scenes from other movies. And Pritam as usual copied music. It's shocking to hear Amelie's soundtrack in Barfi.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Wasseypur 2 - Not sure what I liked the most - the songs and background score by Sneha Khanvalkar, the acting and the black humor or the direction by Anurag Kashyap? Awesome blend of everything. Watched few scenes again and the movie does have a repeat viewing value. Probably the best bollywood movie for me from 2012 (havent watched Barfi yet). Its pity that movie like Ek Tha Tiger affected its share of recognition.

Buzz was about not sending it to Oscars. I dont think the subtitled movie would retain it's charm. Who would know that 'Pelpendiculal' is imitating Bachchan style while having difficulty in articulation, just by reading the subtitles - the humor just wouldnt be appreciated. The movie thrives on the language and local flare and I doubt would appeal to international audience.

Flash

Lost in speed
Simon pegg's Ultimate Hot Fuzz (2007) - IMDb - 10/10
Simply loved it.

Simon Pegg + Nick frost are best suited for Buddy films.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Gran Torino 6.5/10

Just when I was gearing up for the boss-fight, the movie ended! I like my revenge dramas full of blood, fight and action not a moral teaching.

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
Finished watching The Intouchables.
I am sure many of you would have seen this one.

I just want to say: The Intouchables is touching :)

9/10

Santosh Kulkarni

Right off the assembly line
My recommended must watch movie list is as given below

1) Battlefield - English (it shows how Leadership should be)

2) Robot - Hindi (Artificial Intelligence)

Top Bottom