Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

anky

Youngling
with or without auto focus? how much difference auto focus brings? and does it make the camera click slow?

gorilla glass or not, a screen guard is must. let the screen guard take the accidental scratch or daily stress.
sometimes(10out of 145 pics i clicked) auto focus took 2-3 seconds, but most of the time it clicked pictures instantly(with HDR On)
and can u please recommend a screen guard, should i use gadgetshield screen protector(300rs) or some other...and the screen is finger print magnet(no scratch though)

and just ordered soundmagic es18 for rs 548, from snapdeal..!!

Last edited:

rickenjus

In the zone
ONE MORE ISSUE WITH MY MOTO G.... after being plugged into charger or pc using usb... it becomes less reponsive... unlocking takes two three tries atleast.. and particularly while connected to pc.. unable to pull down notification bar, no matter how many tries..

One more thing ...the problm faced by ankush bro .. that dropping of battery percentage fom 70% to 1% didnt happen with me...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sam: you tube videos shows that it doens't require any screen guard. They scratched it heavily with there keys and even put it under water and no side effects. :)
A small sand particle can scratch the screen.

Sand/quartz is harder than glass. Iron is not.

Mohs scale of mineral hardness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rickenjus

In the zone
one more thing to add.. moto g's speaker is quite loud.. bt at higher volume it starts to distort.. bt it is common in most of the phones..

still when I compared it with my samsung galaxy mini its sound quality is somewhat inferior... and distortion is quite audible..

anky

Youngling
@rickenjus
very soory to hear about all your problems with the phone, but i guess they are because of software, these does not look like hardware problems.Contact motorola service or better get it replaced by flipkart..and i have ordered es18 ...thank you for ur suggestion ..:)

flyingcow

Shibe
one more thing to add.. moto g's speaker is quite loud.. bt at higher volume it starts to distort.. bt it is common in most of the phones..

still when I compared it with my samsung galaxy mini its sound quality is somewhat inferior... and distortion is quite audible..
what about the call quality any comments?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
sometimes(10out of 145 pics i clicked) auto focus took 2-3 seconds, but most of the time it clicked pictures instantly(with HDR On)

thats why i asked. thanks :)

and can u please recommend a screen guard, should i use gadgetshield screen protector(300rs) or some other...and the screen is finger print magnet(no scratch though)

gadget shield looks good.

well FK technical staff will contact me today.. do they give a ticket .. ?? dont know this ticket thing..!!

just ask them for some kind of written confirmation that they'll replace your device. by the time next batch of 16GB arrives, G will be with you for more than a month and flipkart will find other excuses not to replace it. so just be on the safer side.

It seems the built quality is not as great at it looked/hyped earlier. Everyday some manufacturing defect is coming up. Yesterday I saw a Huawei Ascend G700.
How you guys will rate this against Moto G. thanks.

Moto G is not all about hardware specs. You get Android 4.3 with Android 4.4 incoming. maybe the next 1-2 Android OS updates too. After that, the community will take care of it. On the other hand, any mobile powered by Mediatek will have that big question mark when it comes to update. How many Mediatek based mobiles has received OS (android 4.3-4.4) update?

And there will be some manufacture defects. For the immediate ones like the visual artifacts or dead pixel/bubble under the display, replacement is the only solution. For the battery dropping from 50 to 1%, its a firmware bug and Moto will most likely fix it with an update.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
THAT is little costly, as it has already gorilla glass 3, how is this one..
Ultra Clear Screen Scratch Guard Protector for Moto G XT1032 | eBay

have only used Rainbow guards. cheap but gets easily scratched. Screen clarity not affected nor glue left on the display (once you remove the guard). never heard of that brand but can try it. cheaper than raindow guard.

anky

Youngling
okay..going to order gadgetshield only..cheap screen guards will get scratches and destroy its beauty..:/

anky

Youngling
^yeah but it is a very nice product...use code 'adw20' and u will get it for 319 only instead of 399 (only for screen)..and 10 payu cashback.

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Armor hybrid case-
*i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp225/borncrysis/DSC07439.jpg

*i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp225/borncrysis/DSC07443.jpg

@anky
Thanks bro..ordering it now.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Went to various brick and mortar stores to inquire about Moto G today. their replies on asking when will Moto G arrive at the shop:
Shop 1: We don't keep motorola phones
Shop 2: Is it even launched in India?
Shop 3: Is it a touchscreen phone? (me: :facepalm: )
Shop 4: What is Motorola? We don't keep chinese phones here. (me: :rofl: :rofl: )
Shop 5: Buy a galaxy grand instead (me: :banghead: )

amjath

Human Spambot
Went to various brick and mortar stores to inquire about Moto G today. their replies on asking when will Moto G arrive at the shop:
Shop 1: We don't keep motorola phones
Shop 2: Is it even launched in India?
Shop 3: Is it a touchscreen phone? (me: :facepalm: )
Shop 4: What is Motorola? We don't keep chinese phones here. (me: :rofl: :rofl: )
Shop 5: Buy a galaxy grand instead (me: :banghead: )

If u serious, then their ad clearly says exclusively on flipkart. If u r posting here rofl then ignore my post

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If u serious, then their ad clearly says exclusively on flipkart. If u r posting here rofl then ignore my post

At some point of time, Moto G should be available locally to actually gain huge customer base. Else, masses will keep buying rebranded chinese cr@p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom