Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So I finally got mine today(gotta stop saying "mine", it belongs to a friend :p ). Phone is very well built. My parents were highly impressed with it's design and thought it was better than their Samsung phones :p

You betcha... Moto G IS damn better than any crapsung out there.

@Ico: So you buying Moto G, eh? :D

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
May be or may be not. Divided. A R9 280X is also what I want to have.

SunE

Professional Newbie
The kitkat update isn't officially available yet but it is the official update for the Asian dual-sim moto g. Check out this thread on xda for more details.
I've got the kitkat OTA zip file for dual sim version[download link provided] - xda-developers

ankush28

Bazinga
How is Moto G from development point of view?

I'm going to start off with Android development.

How is Moto G going to fare? Or should I go for a second hand Nexus 4?

YES, get moto g. It has same support which n4 have for app development.

@jhingalala No need of scratch guard. I am using my Moti G without any scratch guard or cover ;)
Drolling at crisp hd display. Scratchguard will spoil that.

toofan

Technomancer
No he may be taking about his Moti G-irlfriend. he he he:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Valentine's effect.

No need of scratch guard. I am using my Moti G without any scratch guard or cover :wink:
:mrgreen:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
No he may be taking about his Moti G-irlfriend. he he he:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Valentine's effect.

No need of scratch guard. I am using my Moti G without any scratch guard or cover :wink:
:mrgreen:

That is hilarious on various levels :rofl:

Superayush

Tech lover
Good thing is moto G will be an example to big companies to give midrange section more attention and not just dump crap phones for the price section

Aldready we can see the work in progress ;)
Sony Xperia D5103 with 720p screen hits GFX Bench database - GSMArena.com news

Alleged LG G2 mini specs make an appearance on Twitter - GSMArena.com news

Mid-range HTC Desire 8 press photo and specs leak - GSMArena.com news

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Good thing is moto G will be an example to big companies to give midrange section more attention and not just dump crap phones for the price section

Aldready we can see the work in progress ;)
Sony Xperia D5103 with 720p screen hits GFX Bench database - GSMArena.com news

Alleged LG G2 mini specs make an appearance on Twitter - GSMArena.com news

Mid-range HTC Desire 8 press photo and specs leak - GSMArena.com news

1)Sony already Had the best midrangers even before Moto G was under development ( Xperia L and Xperia SP ). Moto G is following Xperia

2) LG G2 Mini will be priced around 22,000-25,000 .. it's not a budget model in anyways

3) HTC Desire 8 i would expect a price tag Of rs 40,000+ lol..

Last edited:

Superayush

Tech lover
1)Sony already Had the best midrangers even before Moto G was under development ( Xperia L and Xperia SP ). Moto G is following Xperia

2) LG G2 Mini will be priced around 22,000-25,000 .. it's not a budget model in anyways

3) HTC Desire 8 i would expect a price tag Of rs 40,000+ lol..

@1)

Yes right wvga screen with 1ghz dual core processor for 18k is the best midrange :) (xperia l)

@2

Agreed

@3

Could be not the case as I heard though only heard that htc has decided to price it's phone aggressively now to get midrange section but ofc if it dosent HTCs fate is aldready decided

Another interesting thing,according to Gardner sony currently has only around 2% of world share of smartphones

Source
Gartner: smartphones outsold featurephones in 2013 - GSMArena.com news

rish1

Cyborg Agent
@1)

Yes right wvga screen with 1ghz dual core processor for 18k is the best midrange :) (xperia l)

you need to learn more about mobiles bro..

that 1ghz dual core processor is still faster than Moto G... ha ha

it is 1 year old phone a ppi of 220-250 was considered best back then in midrange ,Moto G is released this year and this year sony is bringing 720p .. also since june 2013 it is available for 16000 in flipkart .. 18000 price was only for 15 days at launch.. then it has been constant at 16k

@2

Agreed

@3

Could be not the case as I heard though only heard that htc has decided to price it's phone aggressively now to get midrange section but ofc if it dosent HTCs fate is aldready decided

they never said they will price it aggressively they said they will focus on mid rangers now meaning make more new models

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technology-news/179953-laugh-out-loud-htc-desire-700-a.html

Last edited:

Superayush

Tech lover

Disagreed

Source: all benchmarks

Another thing is updates,will sony xperia l get kit kat officially

rish1

Cyborg Agent

Disagreed

Source: all benchmarks

this is why i said you need to learn more about mobiles.. :p

which benchmark ?

CPU - Go and look at Linpack it beats moto G in both single thread and multi threaded performance

Sony Xperia L Benchmarks

Motorola Moto G Benchmarks

GPU

GFXbench onscreen benchmark

Moto G - 7.4 Fps

Xperia L - 12 FPS

Don't be a kid and come up with antutu and quadrant scores
Another thing is updates,will sony xperia l get kit kat officially

again it is 1 year old phone it is getting 4.3 officially ( 1 major update after launch )

the Xperia L successor is already launching with android 4.4, has 720p screen , and is 0.2ghz faster than moto G , has expandable storage and a much much better camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom