Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Hey guys..
The bubbles are gone from the screen, don't know how but they aren't there anymore.

And for the screen guard, i think one should invest in a good one right in the start, no reason to cheap out on that.
I'm planning on buying this-
Motorola Moto G Screen Protector
Should i invest in whole body protection or just the screen?
plus i found the application instruction weird-
Once all the portions are installed, keep your device SWITCHED OFF for a period of 12-24 hrs

PS.
I'm not facing any other issues with the phone right now.
And i've bought the Armor Cover, will post pics after receiving the package.

rickenjus

In the zone
@amjath, @abhidev.. lets c whether FK agrees for a replacement or their technical staff come up wid a solution (highly unlikely)

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
@amjath
no they were under the screen, like this-
*images.anandtech.com/doci/7586/MotoG-1765.jpg

SunE

Professional Newbie
@rickenjus Don't worry buddy flipkart will surely replace it. Since it's not in stock right now continue using your phone for the time being and see how the other things are working. Once they receive more stock just shoot them a mail & your device will be replaced hassle free.

A strange thing happened today. I received the SMS from flipkart saying my package is out for delivery & I'll receive it by 7 PM. But the delivery guy didn't show up! This happened a week back on Saturday but at that time I received a SMS from them stating that they had a vehicular breakdown but today I got no such SMS. Plus when I try calling the delivery boy's number, it says it's out of service!

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Don't know what happened, the bubbles shrinked after moderate gameplay.
They were under the screen, so possibly they were imperfections between screen layers.

bubusam13

Human
I told you guys Moto G is not that good. But someone here told me I can bet on Motorola. Guys it's not that cheap also if you think. Because some other companies are providing much better config at price cheaper than Moto G. May be those are chinese companies but if someone else can provide cheap, Moto G is costly.
Higher specs does not necessarily tell everything, quality of materials also count. As someone here found bubble in the screen. And after watching the Nexus 5 crash test, I think Gorilla Glass 3 is a gimmick.

amjath

Human Spambot
Every glass shatters if the impact is at the corners. The glass corners should be covered like galaxy s2. I dropped it many times today impact is vertical facing top. But other displays don't

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@amjath, @abhidev.. lets c whether FK agrees for a replacement or their technical staff come up wid a solution (highly unlikely)

contact flipkart and just have the ticket so even if it takes months, you can have your unit replaced by them (or at least have an option to refund/select 8GB piece) rather than taking it to local service center where they'll most likely open it up.

anky

Youngling
Need help guys.. !!!

MY MOTO G IS SHOWING DEFECT SIGN..

My moto g's front camera is flickering alot and I can can see some green red blue vertical lines

initially for few seconds like 4-5 secs its good. then its starts flickering and then suddenly some red green colored horizontal lines starts appearing..

here is the snapshot..

View attachment 13560

A humble request to you guys who got their moto g from flipkart please give a look at your front camera. and tell me whether if moto g's camera is crappy or I mine has some HARDWARE or SOFTWARE issue ???

hey..congrats for the phone, and sorry for ur faulty piece...i have checked my front cam and it is working fine..and as u said earlier...i am also in love with this beauty ...!...and gonna order es18 from snapdeal..(550rs), but it is down for maintenance now ..so will order tomorrow...and it seems that i am very lucky i was able to order it earliest and got perfectly working piece ..today i went to auto expo and clicked lots of pics with this...it takes pics very quick..will upload some pics with a small review tomorrow...

and anyone pls tell me..do we need screen guard for this...anyone who have used this type of gorillla glass before..pls tell ..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
today i went to auto expo and clicked lots of pics with this...it takes pics very quick..will upload some pics with a small review tomorrow...

with or without auto focus? how much difference auto focus brings? and does it make the camera click slow?

and anyone pls tell me..do we need screen guard for this...anyone who have used this type of gorillla glass before..pls tell ..

gorilla glass or not, a screen guard is must. let the screen guard take the accidental scratch or daily stress.

toofan

Technomancer
Sam: you tube videos shows that it doens't require any screen guard. They scratched it heavily with there keys and even put it under water and no side effects. :) Yes the back cover and sides of phone are getting scratches when tested with Knife.

It seems the built quality is not as great at it looked/hyped earlier. Everyday some manufacturing defect is coming up. Yesterday I saw a Huawei Ascend G700.
How you guys will rate this against Moto G. thanks.

rickenjus

In the zone
contact flipkart and just have the ticket so even if it takes months, you can have your unit replaced by them (or at least have an option to refund/select 8GB piece) rather than taking it to local service center where they'll most likely open it up.

well FK technical staff will contact me today.. do they give a ticket .. ?? dont know this ticket thing..!!

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Sam: you tube videos shows that it doens't require any screen guard. They scratched it heavily with there keys and even put it under water and no side effects. :) Yes the back cover and sides of phone are getting scratches when tested with Knife.

It seems the built quality is not as great at it looked/hyped earlier. Everyday some manufacturing defect is coming up. Yesterday I saw a Huawei Ascend G700.
How you guys will rate this against Moto G. thanks.

Silica & sand particles can easily scrach Gorilla Glass...

Status
Not open for further replies.