Micromax Funbook

Abhii1902

Broken In
I hv read in this thread that huawei 1550 usb dongle working with this tab so i want to know do we have to do some setting in the usb dongle using pc? also pls write the names of dongle working with this tab?

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Same happened with me. The touch screen acted kinda weird while charging, must be the problem with the os.

Those who are facing issues with touchscreen problems did u try contactng micromax servce centers?

Just had a word with the micromax customer care at 011-44770000, they took all the details(product id, name, mail id, purchased from, delivery date), and told me, that the funbook, works pretty fine on charging, you are facing this issue, because of a faulty charger, you can go to the service center and get it replaced! :) :) Will, do that today :)

I hv read in this thread that huawei 1550 usb dongle working with this tab so i want to know do we have to do some setting in the usb dongle using pc? also pls write the names of dongle working with this tab?

Yeah, i had tested it out, but now once i have made a factory reset, i am not able to save the APN, so cant use the device now, will try and get it fixed, when i go to the service center today.
For the steps, you may check out tenida's review thread, second last post on page 1

manoj_299

Out of Stock
Just had a word with the micromax customer care at 011-44770000, they took all the details(product id, name, mail id, purchased from, delivery date), and told me, that the funbook, works pretty fine on charging, you are facing this issue, because of a faulty charger, you can go to the service center and get it replaced! :) :) Will, do that today :)

So its issue related with voltage finally with charger but when its from charger then why its still disturbing when using USB charger with PC?

IamMrH

Broken In
any one tried DSLR Controller app with this tab.? anyone with canon dslr here ? i m planning to get samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 (when it releases) considering tat i can use it with my dslr. if MMFB does that job then i can buy my fav galaxy note or s3 with this TAB? also is there any 10 inch chinese or indian tab ?

varunparakh

Gamer in me
So its issue related with voltage finally with charger but when its from charger then why its still disturbing when using USB charger with PC?

That is what i thought, so instead of hit and trying, thought, will take the cable as well, and check it out, there itself.

Abhii1902

Broken In
I'm thinking of buying funbook from snapdeal pls tell me some generic code i hv generic code of seventymm.com but the tab is out of stock.

shashwat.vt

Right off the assembly line
I have been following this tread for a while n tenida's review made me to buy it,so here's my take:

Micromax tablet is a genuine copy of ployo momo9
or iview760t, i just confirmed it today, i installed
clockwork recovery for allwinner a10 tablets and it
worked then i tried cm9 for allwinner a10 it worked
too, but it was just in beta stage, so i scrapted it
and download firmware of iview760t straight from their site and installed it with livesuite and viola! it
worked perfectly, it was a huge risk but it worked
and now i have no bloatwares or micromax crap, its
totally unbranded, no logos etc in inside. Advantages of using iview760t firmware- 1)Free ram is almost 180 mb.
2)3 gb free space.
3)Fast tablet.
4)No cheap micromax boot logo, or any micromax
shortcuts on hs.
5)Phone is recongnised as samsung galaxy s2 in play , and all games are compatible. Any above all, i can go back to my previous state,
with one click through clockwork recovery. Now, i am trying to make the tablet detect phone in
pc suite and run net through it, through my
observations, i have observed that, ics for a10 has
some bug which does not let create apn’s, so now i
m going to try ginger bread for allwinner a10, will
keep u guys updated

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Do they have replacement guarantee ?

I checked Flipkart, but item out of stock.

Don't know. If you can wait then Mobilestore will stock Funbook in your location.

Ok I've fixed the weird problem related to charging. The stock charger is the
culprit here. I have a used an old LG charger which works like a charm, no problem whatsoever.

Note the stock charger has
Input- 100v-240V/ 50-60Hz
Output- 5V _ 1.5A

And I have used LG charger which specs is

Input- 100v-240V/ 50-60Hz
Output- 5V-1A

So, try to use charger that has ampere lower than 1.5 (1A or lesser will be best)

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I am not facing any problem with USB charging.

Also that stock usb cable is also faulty for me. I am using Canon camera's data cable.

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Went to the service center today, they have placed a request, will get the charger by monday since it is out of stock.

Tenida, i'll recheck with my cable, i doubt micromax have saved up a lot on the accessory part!

I have been following this tread for a while n tenida's review made me to buy it,so here's my take:

Micromax tablet is a genuine copy of ployo momo9
or iview760t, i just confirmed it today, i installed
clockwork recovery for allwinner a10 tablets and it
worked then i tried cm9 for allwinner a10 it worked
too, but it was just in beta stage, so i scrapted it
and download firmware of iview760t straight from their site and installed it with livesuite and viola! it
worked perfectly, it was a huge risk but it worked
and now i have no bloatwares or micromax crap, its
totally unbranded, no logos etc in inside. Advantages of using iview760t firmware- 1)Free ram is almost 180 mb.
2)3 gb free space.
3)Fast tablet.
4)No cheap micromax boot logo, or any micromax
shortcuts on hs.
5)Phone is recongnised as samsung galaxy s2 in play , and all games are compatible. Any above all, i can go back to my previous state,
with one click through clockwork recovery. Now, i am trying to make the tablet detect phone in
pc suite and run net through it, through my
observations, i have observed that, ics for a10 has
some bug which does not let create apn’s, so now i
m going to try ginger bread for allwinner a10, will
keep u guys updated

Once you are done experimenting, will me waiting for a step to step guide for android noobs like me, even i want mm labs stuff outf the way!

WAITING ;)

shashwat.vt

Went to the service center today, they have placed a request, will get the charger by monday since it is out of stock.

Tenida, i'll recheck with my cable, i doubt micromax have saved up a lot on the accessory part!

Once you are done experimenting, will me waiting for a step to step guide for android noobs like me, even i want mm labs stuff out the way!

WAITING ;)

sure bro,i will provide a guide soon, and one more thing,mostly all dongles are supported in this version,just plugn run.

After few hours,i will also provide ginger bread formware results :)

Abhii1902

Broken In
sure bro,i will provide a guide soon, and one more thing,mostly all dongles are supported in this version,just plugn run.

After few hours,i will also provide ginger bread formware results :)

Can u name the dongles also pls write a tutorial about 'how to use other dongles in mmfb'

magantiajay

guys just chill...... i may be the first person to report major problem on micromax funbook, i just received this tablet this morning and i opened the box and switched on the tab..... "funbook" emblem will appeared on boot screen and then screen turns to pink and blue lines and then froze....this time i restarted it again , but this time it froze on micromax emblem itself during booting......i tried atleast 100 times but it keeps freezing in booting itself .... reset key did not do any help either .......i called authorised service centre in my city and came to know they were on vacation :evil: and they asked me call them tomorrow :shock:

Top Bottom