Micromax Funbook

rajan1311

Padawan
Hope I am not spoiling the thread, just wanted to say don't rush on getting the funbook..veedee might come out with a great tab..Vi10 is a pretty good tab, might be launched early next month..

rajeshmukkala

Broken In
Hello,

Hope my first post will be useful to every one. I'm glad i own this device and happy with it. I'm going to tell you guys how to install clockworkmod recovery 5 on micromax tablet. Most of us knows CM9 and CWM Recovery builds released for Allwinner tablets in XDA developers. Though it is still in testing phase it works well. Follow below steps to install clockworkmod recovery.

1. Download sources from Here
2. unzip and copy files to sdcard.
3. Run "sh /sdcard/install-recovery.sh" from shell (adb).
4. Reboot device using "sh /sdcard/reboot-recovery.sh"
5. Thats it you are in.

Now you can install custom rom's or CM9. Also you can delete all unwanted education files and apps using titanium backup or disable using app manger. I also suggest you to install GAPPS ICS latest build.

Thats all for today. Shoot your questions. I will try to answer as much i can.

Regards,
Rajesh

t0xic

Right off the assembly line
To all those who are waiting to get the mm funbook i would like to say there are far more better options at this price. Few of the best tabs are provided by veedee (dot) in . FB has low battery capacity and lot of bloatware along with it and also it comes locked to tata photon since this is a chinese re branding i don't think any developers on xda or other forums would come up for porting custom roms for this device. The best alternatives for FB i would recommend you is :

1.) Buy Pre Order VeeDee D10s - 7" Capacitive Touch Screen Tablet • VeedeeDirect

2.)Buy Pre-Booking - Veedee D10e - 7" Capacitive Screen Tablet PC • VeedeeDirect

The major advantages are of using any modem you like it comes with the stock ics and no bloatware installed and one of the main advantage is of the full usb 2.0 port with which you can connect the pendrive directly without need of carrying etc cable with you and there are no hardware buttons which makes the tab look even cooler. VeeDee has very good support i am using D10 at present and satisfied by its performance they have pick and drop facility which when compared to micromax service center is far more better.

If you want even more you shell out an extra 1.5k and get the "Zenithink-ZT-282" at Buy Zenithink ZT-282 C71+ Tablet PC 7 Inch Cortex A9 Android 4.0 HDMI 4 GB 1GB Ram • VeedeeDirect
Which has 1GB of ram and a better processor.

If you have any questions regarding both veedee or mm FB you can mail me at itzmez02 (at) gmail (dot) com. :mrgreen:

Hope my opinion was useful to someone ! :wink: :p

vineeth12345

Broken In
I was waiting for the tablet to come in flipkart.When i contacted flipkart customer care even they are not sure about when it will be in stock.And the expected availability in local markets too is unclear.So I am thinking of getting it from snapdeal.What do you guys think about this?.I have purchased only from fk before and had already cancelled my funbook from ncarry since COD was not available at my area.

varunparakh

Gamer in me
^ Snapdeal is a pretty good choice, it was my first time with them, when i ordered Funbook, the packaging was exquisite!

varunparakh

Gamer in me
^^ In how many days did you receive the tab and did you use COD?

Check out the expected shipping date, the delivery date will be either the same or a day later!!
Mine was 21st, and i got it delivered on the same day!

Booked Funbook COD, on 14th, Shipped on 20th, Delivered on 21st!

t0xic

I did a reply post early morning today by 5 or so and i am not able to see my post in this thread why is it so ? :O

arescool

Work is So Boring...
Had a horrible experience from Tradus.in,
Once ordered a Pen Drive from Tradus,firstly they didn't delivered the product upto 5 days,then i got a phone call that the product is out of stock, sorry for the in-convince.

Just wanted to share my same kind of experience here with Tradus...
I ordered a pen drive and it was faulty out of the box ( was not getting detected on any system ), when i contacted customer care they plainly said warranty is not their concern and i will have to contact SanDisk service center ....

Sorry for going off-topic in "TaniDa's FUNBOOK " thread :razz:

Charley

Just Do It
Check out the expected shipping date, the delivery date will be either the same or a day later!!
Mine was 21st, and i got it delivered on the same day!

Booked Funbook COD, on 14th, Shipped on 20th, Delivered on 21st!

Where did you place the order ?

You have to carry the product id and necessary documents including Invoice of Fun book with you and you have to submit these to Tata Company and finally after all these formalities and payment of 50 Rs. you will get an activated Photon+ Dongle from Tata.

What is the usage limit and validity ?

azzu

AJJU
so officially , any data card* will work with Funbook , check , Tenida's review page for more details ( thx alot srm_harish for your fine discovery)

manoj_299

Out of Stock
To all those who are waiting to get the mm funbook i would like to say there are far more better options at this price. Few of the best tabs are provided by veedee (dot) in . FB has low battery capacity and lot of bloatware along with it and also it comes locked to tata photon since this is a chinese re branding i don't think any developers on xda or other forums would come up for porting custom roms for this device. The best alternatives for FB i would recommend you is :

1.) Buy Pre Order VeeDee D10s - 7" Capacitive Touch Screen Tablet • VeedeeDirect

2.)Buy Pre-Booking - Veedee D10e - 7" Capacitive Screen Tablet PC • VeedeeDirect

The major advantages are of using any modem you like it comes with the stock ics and no bloatware installed and one of the main advantage is of the full usb 2.0 port with which you can connect the pendrive directly without need of carrying etc cable with you and there are no hardware buttons which makes the tab look even cooler. VeeDee has very good support i am using D10 at present and satisfied by its performance they have pick and drop facility which when compared to micromax service center is far more better.

If you want even more you shell out an extra 1.5k and get the "Zenithink-ZT-282" at Buy Zenithink ZT-282 C71+ Tablet PC 7 Inch Cortex A9 Android 4.0 HDMI 4 GB 1GB Ram • VeedeeDirect
Which has 1GB of ram and a better processor.

If you have any questions regarding both veedee or mm FB you can mail me at itzmez02 (at) gmail (dot) com. :mrgreen:

Hope my opinion was useful to someone ! :wink: :p

Checked their listing on ebay that said no shipping to West Bengal. So no option left.

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Just check out the difference between plans from Reliance Netconnect+ and Tata Photon+, Netconnect+ is far better in terms of value for money.

You get 10GB of data download at 3.1 Mbps and post 10GB with a speed of 144Kbps for INR 950+taxes, while the same in Photon+ costs 1200+taxes!

You'll get Photon+ with the device is a myth, you'll get Photon+ under an offer is the reality!

500+100(activation) are to be paid to get the device, and then you need to choose out of the 5 postpaid plans, 250 being the cheapest for 350MB, while 900 being the costliest of the 5 giving 6GB of data per month.

The 1GB thing for two months means, you'll get 1GB extra in the plan you choose, for first two months.

So, after paying 600 to get the device, you'll pay your postpaid bill as well after a month., thus accounting for atleast 900 for the first month.

While if you add up, 300, you get a value for money Netconnect+ for 1200 with usage free for first month and better and VFM plans to choose from.

PS: You need, to continue with the selected plan for photon+ for atleast 3 months, before you can change to anyother plans.

narainraik

hi all,

I already have a class 4 32 gb microsd card. will it perform good with funbook or do i need to upgrade for a class 6 card.

Thanks In advance for your response.

Top Bottom