Max Payne 3

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
John Carmack has revealed that an uncompressed software build of Rage is one terabyte in size.

uncompressed Rage: 1TB
installed size: 25GB

Rage was a huge game and still require only 25Gb. but 35GB is ridiculous. but installation space is different from shipped size. i expect installers size to be 20GB at max.

^ Well, pirates do ultra compression:-D

:lol: they better hire some pirates. at least for Indian gamers.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
There is also a huge probability other than Dual layer DVD that game package just has a CD with just activation file to download a game from service like Steam.

^^that will be nightmare for Guys with avg Connections.!!!
7-10GB is reasonable download but 35GB .No way.!

uncompressed Rage: 1TB
installed size: 25GB

Rage was a huge game and still require only 25Gb. but 35GB is ridiculous. but installation space is different from shipped size. i expect installers size to be 20GB at max.

:lol: they better hire some pirates. at least for Indian gamers.
Thats the size of uncompressed Mega- Textures(Invention Of john Carmack and id People) only.
And ironically RAGE PC has some serious Texture fadeout issues.

Basically every Game is very large when not compressed and repacked for distribution during Dev Period.

I just cant think of GTAV at the moment.If another news comes out saying GTA V HDD space reqd 50GB!..Dont be surprised.!!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
10 hours of SP and I will be happy.

On second thought, time to keep my SSD free of other games.

Alok

Adventurer
Well, they said game requires 35 gb on hdd, that doesn't meant that dvd you'll get will have 35 gb . They will compress installer size. 3 dual layer dvd should do the job.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thats the size of uncompressed Mega- Textures(Invention Of john Carmack and id People) only.
And ironically RAGE PC has some serious Texture fadeout issues.

Basically every Game is very large when not compressed and repacked for distribution during Dev Period.

I just cant think of GTAV at the moment.If another news comes out saying GTA V HDD space reqd 50GB!..Dont be surprised.!!

yes. thats what the size of raw texture. but after compress it takes 25Gb. Now what are they creating? a 1.5TB game and as MP is not linear like Rage, what are they going to provide? 50hr of gameplay with a 3k pircetag !!!

gameranand

Living to Play
Well yeah size is quite large but some of the games I have played required 25-30 gb hdd but they were RPGs but a game like this at 35gb means devs are lazy to compress the game well.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Just take a look of the specs:shock:
Rockstar has today revealed the system requirements to run the PC version of Max Payne 3, and by the looks of it, you will need a seriously mid-to-high rig to run this at max.

Max Payne 3 PC System Specifications

Operating System:
Windows 7 32/64 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 32/64 Service Pack 2, Windows XP 32/64 Service Pack 3

Processor:
Intel Dual Core 2.4 GHZ – i7 3930K 6 Core x 3.06 GHZ / AMD Dual Core 2.6 GHZ – FX8150 8 Core x 3.6 GHZ

RAM:
2GB – 16GB

Video Card:
NVIDIA 8600 GT 512MB VRAM – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB VRAM / Radeon HD 3400 512MB VRAM – Radeon HD 7970 3GB VRAM

Sound Card:
100% Direct X 9.0 compatible – Direct X 9.0 compatible supporting Dolby Digital Live

HDD Space:
35 GB

16GB of RAM? GTX 680? 35GB of space? Holy cow.

*tbreak.com/megamers/files/maxpayne3-2072-2560-430x261.jpg
*tbreak.com/megamers/files/maxpayne3-2071-2560-430x261.jpg

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
35gb wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cryeyesout:

First of all HDD prices are sky-rocketed and as many are saying GTA 5 might be more than 35 gb :cryeyesout::cryeyesout:. cos huge It will have a huge MAP,good graphics and textures :cryeyesout:.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i lol'd the moment i saw the system specs.

Dual Core 2.4Ghz to i7 3930K
8600GT to GTX680
2GB to 16GB ram

what are they trying to make? a game that runs on an ancient PC.

another problem of making a massive game is that they have a huge no of bugs and to fix the bugs you will be bugged to download another buggy 2-3Gb patch :facepalm:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Max was supposed to come out in December 2009, hope 2 and half years are enough to iron out the bugs. :Fingerx:

Top Bottom