ferris

Right off the assembly line
Origin is the biggest bummer of all, they can flush their privacy policy down the drain. They are getting a lot of heat for it over here.
I haven't heard about the same issues with Steam, but I quite enjoy it, quite comfortable to use nowdays, has it's little problems but the overall experience is good.

varunb

Working in an IT company
Yes ME2 has some low res textures.But it is alright.how many times does a player needs to zoom to a certain thing.

Yes the game had nice graphics only when the game didnt zoom on the object & character details. I only wish for a separate texture pack. Would it hurt if they release it for those loyal fans who can download it separately & then enjoy the game ?

tryin to judge a game by its size???
not good.

mw3 and bf3 both were 13+gb in size and featured damn short single player campaign..

bf3 visuals were gr8 but mw3 wasnt a visual upgrade to mw2 even...forget black ops.

crysis 2 was 7.5 gb approx yet has ultimate eye candies and single player gameplay of about 10hrs or so.
..And all these game sizes are of original setup before installation.
moreover my me2 installation was of 4.4gb or so without dlcs and occupied close to 12 gb after setup...it wasnt packed or reloade..original setup from disc..standard edition.

u may not be much affected by a game release of 28gb bcuz you love it so much but still for gamers who prefer buying digital copies ...downloading such huge game could easily turn into nighmare.

1. Yes I am gonna judge the game by its size because I want the eye-candy visuals alongwith good story. I know I will still like the game even if the textures are low res but high res textures will surely add that extra zing to the entertainment that I want. That is my opinion. I dont care what your opinion is. I paid a lot for the digital deluxe edition & I want it. PERIOD.

2. Why are you talking about BF3, MW3, BO etc etc etc when they have nothing to do with this discussion. Crysis 2 & eye candy visuals ? They were watered down to optimise the performance on the consoles.

3. When gamers buy digital copies online then they are prepared for whatever the filesize they have to download. Majority of those who download from the digital download services are not worried about the filesize. Those who are worried buy the physical copies. Simple & thats what most of the gamers in India do.

@ varunb
Do you have any confirmation that they are using the same textures again ??
Maybe they compressed the game well.

I hope they compressed it well like you are saying bud. Like I said before. This is the final game which we all have been waiting for. I dont want Bioware to compromise anything. ANYTHING!. Try to understand this

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
1. Yes I am gonna judge the game by its size because I want the eye-candy visuals alongwith good story. I know I will still like the game even if the textures are low res but high res textures will surely add that extra zing to the entertainment that I want. That is my opinion. I dont care what your opinion is. I paid a lot for the digital deluxe edition & I want it. PERIOD.

2. Why are you talking about BF3, MW3, BO etc etc etc when they have nothing to do with this discussion. Crysis 2 & eye candy visuals ? They were watered down to optimise the performance on the consoles.

3. I am not even gonna say anything about those 4.4GB rips. Keep it to yourself pls.

4. When gamers buy digital copies online then they are prepared for whatever the filesize they have to download. Majority of those who download from the digital download services are not worried about the filesize. Those who are worried buy the physical copies. Simple & thats what most of the gamers in India do.

2.It has to do alot with the your idea of game visuals and game size.
Size depends upon game engine compression technique and retail data compression techniques. Crysis 2,mw,etc were all references to that fact but you failed to interpret.:p

Dude the visuals were downgraded for Consoles not for PC.LATER crytek even released a dx 11 patch to boost it further. Ever tried it. Cornea Melting!!!!!

Most people have misconception that only because firts crysis was pc only game and its sequel received a console release in addition means The visuals are poor...That would mean That BF3 has a console counterpart so its PC gfx are Crap..wanna say something like that??
Each platform is handled differently.

4. Not for me.:wink:

Last edited:

varunb

Working in an IT company
2.It has to do alot with the your idea of game visuals and game size.
Size depends upon game engine compression technique and retail data compression techniques. Crysis 2,mw,etc were all references to that fact but you failed to interpret.:p

4. Not for me.:wink:

All this from a guy who is saying Crysis 2, MW etc had stupendous graphics & hence had good compression? :crazy: I have already understood your point & dont want to understand anymore. :p

You dont want to download any texture pack ? Then dont download it. You fear the file size will be large ? Get the standard disc which I guess you must have already preordered. So why exactly are you arguing when you don't care about the tex. You are a happy guy already.

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
@ varunb
Do you have any confirmation that they are using the same textures again ??
Maybe they compressed the game well.

Be sure that no one can ever confirm that if textures are being recycled from previous game....only studio guyz can tell that,,internal matter...never will be revealed!!!:mrgreen:

All this from a guy who is saying Crysis 2, MW etc had stupendous graphics & hence had good compression? :crazy: I have already understood your point & dont want to understand anymore. :p

You dont want to download any texture pack ? Then dont download it. You fear the file size will be large ? Get the standard disc which I guess you must have already preordered. So why exactly are you arguing when you don't care about the tex. You are a happy guy already.

Very HAPPY indeed!!!:mrgreen:

See that smile on ma face!!!!:p:p wont be dragging it any further tired now:yaaawwn:
Already tried hard to hit my head on stone.No use now.PERIOD:facepalm:

Last edited:

varunb

Working in an IT company
Dude the visuals were downgraded for Consoles not for PC. LATER crytek even released a dx 11 patch to boost it further. Ever tried it. Cornea Melting!!!!!

Most people have misconception that only because firts crysis was pc only game and its sequel received a console release in addition means The visuals are poor...That would mean That BF3 has a console counterpart so its PC gfx are Crap..wanna say something like that??
Each platform is handled differently.:

Visuals were not downgraded for the PC ?? Visuals of Crysis 1 are hell better than Crysis 2 in my opinion. Why would I care for a DX11 texture pack which was released ages after everyone completed the game ?? nevertheless the trees, buildings, etc they still looked watered down & blurry.

Where does BF3 come from in all this ? You are continously blabbing about other games when I have been talking about ME3 only. Please make a separate thread for you wanna discuss about other games. You are diverting all this from ME3.

All this time you had been hitting your head on stone when you didnt even know the reason ? Even though you were happy just like you proclaimed earlier by saying about a BIG SMILE on your face ? Just to make yourself tired so that you can announce that you feel tired? :rofl: I bow before you champ.

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Visuals were not downgraded for the PC ?? Visuals of Crysis 1 are hell better than Crysis 2 in my opinion. Why would I care for a DX11 texture pack which was released ages after everyone completed the game ?? nevertheless the trees, buildings, etc they still looked watered down & blurry.
It was you only who just said you like downloading texture packs for the ZING !!! aint ya bro!!!>???
No offence taken! anyways.

....I bow before you champ.

You didnt have tell that. I can see it.!!:p

varunb

Working in an IT company
I never imposed my opinion about high tex in ME3 on you but you clearly are hellbent on imposing yours. Its clear that you didnt read the complete line & bolded only few words to initiate another irrelevant argument. If you wanna pester someone then pls find somebody else. Why are you carrying this forward when you clearly don't care & is irrelevant to ME3 discussion ? You can find a lot of Crysis, BF3, COD discussion threads where you can find more "intelligent beings" like you

Last edited:

revolt

Banned
Yes the game had nice graphics only when the game didnt zoom on the object & character details. I only wish for a separate texture pack. Would it hurt if they release it for those loyal fans who can download it separately & then enjoy the game ?
Hurting depends on how the demand is.

Anyways let me make something clear
1.Please be on the topic (all of you)
2.Crysis 2 is a different league.Please dont compare it with the first.
3.Again please dont go by compression vs textures etc.
4.Last Please stop comparing platforms.I have played UC3 on my 60' plasma.Not a single game in pc has that kind of effects and physx yet.Therefore please stop comparing.Otherwise it will go on.

Last edited:

varunb

Working in an IT company
Hurting depends on how the demand is.

The demand is high otherwise no one in their bright mind would make an unofficial texture pack for ME2 thinking only few people would download it.

Anyways let me make something clear
1.Please be on the topic (all of you)
2.Crysis 2 is a different league.Please dont compare it with the first.
3.Again please dont go by compression vs textures etc.
4.Last Please stop comparing platforms.I have played UC3 on my 60' plasma.Not a single game in pc has that kind of effects and physx yet.Therefore please stop comparing.Otherwise it will go on.

1. Thats what I have been saying. This is ME3 discussion thread for god sake.
2. Comparisons can be made but I am least inclined in making them.
3. That is your opinion so I dont care. All I care is ME3 should be the best in terms of visual quality & storyline & I wont mind even if the file size is double the size of ME2.
4. No comments because I haven't played it.

varunb

Working in an IT company
A fact cannot be termed as an opinion.
Anyways be on topic.

Again your opinion. If you wanna discuss about texture vs compression or high vs low demands then I suggest you make separate topic chum. I have apprehensions about the ME3 size which will only get solved once the game releases. Not by your 'Facts' buddy. Look this can go on & on & that is the reason why I have been expressing my opinion & not imposing it on you. But you on the other hand is trying to impose by introducing your handbook of facts about compression vs texture. I am not interested in your facts.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
I hope they compressed it well like you are saying bud. Like I said before. This is the final game which we all have been waiting for. I dont want Bioware to compromise anything. ANYTHING!. Try to understand this

I do understand you buddy. I also love ME series too much. Heck I have played both game 2-3 times which you know already.
What I am trying to say is don't demoralise because of the size may be they have something up their sleeves.
I second you that Bioware should not compromise on anything but you and I can do nothing except hoping.

varunb

Working in an IT company
Lol. Why are you getting demoralised? I am hoping too like you. We are all fans who want to get entertained completely & there are going to be apprehensions & anger because we are paying a lot for this.

gameranand

Living to Play
Lol. Why are you getting demoralised? I am hoping too like you. We are all fans who want to get entertained completely & there are going to be apprehensions & anger because we are paying a lot for this.

Wow I was telling you to cool up and now you saying that I am demoralised. AWESOME. :D:p:lol:

jasku

In the zone
Take a chill pill guys.

A couple questions

Whats the difference between the ME3 Digital Deluxe edition from Origin and the standard pre order from any of the Indian e-tailers?
Why is the Origin standard version Rs.200 more than the physical media counterparts, I would think it should be the vice-vera..

varunb

Working in an IT company
Wow I was telling you to cool up and now you saying that I am demoralised. AWESOME. :D:p:lol:

Are you high or something ?? :mrgreen: You said I was demoralising you & everybody else. I said that it is not my intention to demoralise you. Simple. You are twisting my words :p

Take a chill pill guys.

A couple questions

Whats the difference between the ME3 Digital Deluxe edition from Origin and the standard pre order from any of the Indian e-tailers?
Why is the Origin standard version Rs.200 more than the physical media counterparts, I would think it should be the vice-vera..

Visit this link & you will get the differences:

*store.origin.com/store/easa/en_IN/html/pbPage.mass-effect-3-IN

Add to that access to an additional downloadable mission and character which I believe is the Day 1 DLC & is free of charge to those preordered the Collector's edition or bought the Deluxe edition online.

Last edited:
Top Bottom