Intel Ivy Bridge Discussion

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not exactly, but you never know about technology. Both can't be true at the same time.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's coming on April 2012:-

Ivy Bridge launch schedule leaked | thinq_

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
This leak is even better:- ;)

Intel's Ivy Bridge CPU lineup revealed in leaked slides - TechSpot News

*static.techspot.com/images2/news/bigimage/2011-11-28-image-1.jpg

Only two unlocked processors? :shock: Oh, I forgot, the enthusiast platform is on Socket 2011. On the positive side, all but one are quad core.

Some more details at Toms:-

The First Intel Ivy Bridge CPU Clock Speeds and More

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
TDP looks good, very good.
Where is the replacement for 2600K?
And also 2 unlocked processor! :shocked: This sucks.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
2700k is the replacement for 2600k, which will be replaced by 3770k IB. ;)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel Reveals Official Next-Gen "Ivy Bridge" Chip Performance Numbers to Partners - X-bit labs

Hopefully, these chips would be price to price replacement of existing SNB parts.

dibya_kol

In the zone
I am still happy with my 2500k, if IB will only 10-20% faster than sandybridge, i would like to skip it.

Intel Ivy Bridge Core i7-3770K Overclocking

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Intel's Ivy Bridge CPU Die Layout Estimated

Interesting article. Good to know that ivybridge gpu is programmable for GPGPU computing.

The CPU cores are made up of four x86-64 cores with 256 KB dedicated L2 cache per core and shared 8 MB L3 cache. The System Agent holds the dual-channel DDR3 integrated memory controller (DDR3 1600), a PCIe interface (as a shared x16 port or two separate x8 ports), a DMI link, a display controller, power controller unit, and a FDI link. The Graphics Core has 16 programmable EUs that handle parallel processing loads for the GPU and can be programmed to perform GPGPU tasks. In addition, it holds the Multi-Format CODEC, which supports MPEG2, VC1, AVC and also MVC (multi-view video coding) for stereoscopic 3D. All the components are bound by a ring-bus that transports tagged data between the CPU cores, the graphics core, the L3 cache, and the system agent.

maddy

Journeyman
something interesting
Ivy Bridge Core i7-3770K Overclocked to 7GHz :shock:

*www.expreview.com/img/review/news/7GHz02.jpg

source

*en.expreview.com/2012/02/26/ivy-bridge-core-i7-3770k-overclocked-to-7ghz/21410.html

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Holy molly :shock: That too with all cores enabled. If this is true, then the feat is simply astounding. Also saw that it easily touches 5ghz with minimum vcore increment.

tkin

Back to school!!
Wait, 7GHz? Will it be fully unlocked? Or like 2600k, upto 57x, I mean 63x is something only top intel cpus are aimed for, that ivy will make every cpu(yes, every) redundant.

maddy

Journeyman
hehe yes as per that link but have to confirm from more sources
here what they said
Earlier we have got to know Intel Core i7-3820 could be overclocked to 5.66GHz, however, we may care more about the overclocking capability of Ivy Bridge processor, once there was a friend in our forum revealed that Core i7-3770K only needed 1.1V to be overclocked to 4.6GHz, 5GHz with 1.17V.
The result was encouraging, what about its extreme overclocking capability? According to the report from BSN, Core i7-3770K was overclocked to 7.06GHz from 3.5GHz in liquid nitrogen condition. At that time, the multiplier was 63x, external frequency was 112.11MHz at the voltage of 1.889V. Most importantly, no core was disabled and hyperthreading was on.
Currently the overclocking record on file was the 8.858GHz of Bulldozer with only two cores enabled. Intel’s highest record was 8.3GHz from Celeron 360, Core i7-3770K has just arrived at 7GHz, but the 22nm process has brought the possibility for Ivy Bridge to get a higher overclocking level.
damm thats some crazy stuff they are telling :wink:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Just to inform you FX-8150 reached 7467.44 Mhz using LN2 with 8 cores and 8 threads enabled @1.872v vcore ;-)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclock...-powered-antec-hcp1200-cooled-ln2-7467mh.html

Top Bottom