Intel Ivy Bridge Discussion

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
he adds a little extra money he can opt for something better like Cooler Master TPC 812 ;-)

amjath

Human Spambot
There is a solution for reducing IVY Bridge heating, have a look. :-D:-D

Intel caught out using cheap thermal paste in Ivy Bridge? -- Engadget

Now, Japanese site PC Watch has taken the next logical step, by replacing the stock thermal paste in a Core i7-3770K with a pricier aftermarket alternative to see what would happen. Just like that, stock clock temperatures dropped by 18 percent, while overclocked temperatures (4GHz at 1.2V) fell by 23 percent. Better thermals allowed the chip to sustain higher core voltages and core clock speeds and thereby deliver greater performance.
:-D

dfcols71

In the zone
but this is not practically possible ,you separate the heat sink plate of the cpu,
god alone knows whether the damn thing will work,besides voiding the warranty of the cpu or fixing back the plate

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ in simple word that method is not practical at-all - Intel should release a revised version of IB cpus.

BTW, check this out :

Core i7-3720QM: Ivy Bridge Makes Its Mark On Mobility : Understanding Ivy Bridge's Real Target

saswat23

Human Spambot
Check this:
Asus launches two Ivy Bridge laptops in India - Laptops | Laptop | Notebooks Reviews | ThinkDigit News

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^Now lets wait and see how many are going to shell out 12k for a locked CPU (No matter whatever the name of the bridge is)

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Almost 14k for a locked i5 is ridiculous. That is not even the flagship model. I think intel will be having a hard time selling these cpus

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
here's something interesting :

Intel launches Vpro Ivy Bridge chips and Panther Point chipsets - The Inquirer

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ TFS -)

one interesting thing is with stock intel cooler there's only 3c temp difference between i7 2700k and i7 3770k but i5 3570k ran even cooler ( due to low power consumption ? ) than the i7 2700k but with after market cooler when OCed most of the review says something different which makes 3570k an excellent cpu ( may be even for OCing ) ;-)

saswat23

Human Spambot
Can anyone confirm whether H77 boards support OCing or not!
Intel mentions that they do support OCing for 3rd Gen. Proccys. But most reviewing sites say the opposite.

Yup, what i was wondering is some what correct. H77 supports OCing an IVB processor not SNB. A SNB on H77 will operate at its highest turbo frequency, nothing beyond that.
Check this:
www.forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1914307

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
No cpu OC support on H77 chipset regardless of SB or IB cpus

*images.anandtech.com/reviews/cpu/intel/IvyBridge/review/7seriescomparison.jpg

look for z75 mobos if you want the cheapest mobo for Ocing Sb or IB K series cpus.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here comes the Ivy Bridge based Windows 8 Tablet: Acer Iconica W700

Here is the review: AnandTech - Acer's Iconia W700 Ivy Bridge Windows 8 Tablet: The Start of Something Big

Top Bottom