i'm installing 8 operatin system??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
hi guys i recently bought 160gb sata disk(i already hav a old sata drive 80gb with winxp installed)......

so i'm thinking of installin

ubuntu
mandriva
opensuse
fedora core
debain
solaris
slackware
knoppix

all this on new hdd disk with 10 gb of space for each OS and a swap file of 1gb(as i hav 512mb ram)... i am using GRUB as my bootloader(hoping tat will work).... after working for few months i will select the OS which is better among others and delete the rest OS....
wat do u think guys... is this a good idea... wat is ur suggestion???? plz reply fast:rolleyes:

mediator

Technomancer
U guys got a lotta time to fiddle around with distros. Instead of trying all linuxes, try PC-BSD,freebsd etc.

OP
vish786

vish786

"The Gentleman"
khattam_ said:
Would u run each of 'em??

Trust me, you will regret...
if i am installing obviously i will run them:D.... will keep for few months and after testin i will delete.. simple

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
vish786
I don't think it to be a prudent thing to do... Almost all of them have a live CD/DVD option. So, instead of actual installation, just get the feel of each of them by running them in Live mode.

That will ease the hassle. Trust me, an octa boot ain't a good idea..

Anindya

In the zone
After u test all the os`es plz do let us know what u found out. Atleast i will wait to hear from u.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
it would take months

Nope. If you are a good learner and observer, getting the hang of 1 distro won't take you more than a week. So, will prolly take you 2 months to try them out completely...

As I said, don't be illogical, go the LIVE CD/DVD way.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom