Icse Vs Cbse

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivekkanu

master spirit of the age
obviously CBSE ,,,,,....... ICSE's syllabus sucks... !!!!!!!!!!! especially bio and history for 10th class....

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm a CBSE board student.

Comparing Xth of ICSE and CBSE, ICSE is tougher. I've read the ICSE English book, it kicks ass. Gaining marks in CBSE has seriously become easier. You gotta read the whole Julius Caesar play whereas in CBSE, we just have a small act from it.

ICSE is easier than CBSE in the lower classes, but it gets tougher in the higher classes.

Edit:

Things get different if we talk about cracking IIT-JEE. The one who religiously studies for 2 years cracks it. You can't say that he was a ICSE student or a CBSE student, thats why he has cleared because the level of IIT-JEE is very high. :|

@utsav: Just ignore my "champu" word
Actually, your 'champu' word has intensified the argument, :lol:

Last edited:

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i am just about to finish my class 10th so wanted a suggestion should i go for icse or a cbse school for 11th and 12th :)

same

i aspire to get into IB , but it is real hard . i just wanted to know where (CBSE or ICSE) is better Computers subject ?
Also , i suck at language , social sciance . but can do better in maths and sciance . so which emphasizes on this thing .

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
same

i aspire to get into IB , but it is real hard . i just wanted to know where (CBSE or ICSE) is better Computers subject ?
Also , i suck at language , social sciance . but can do better in maths and sciance . so which emphasizes on this thing .

For 10+2 computers is very good in ISC board. But if ur grammar in english is very weak then u better avoid ISC coz u wil suffer a lot struggling to get marks as ISC is very strict in giving marks in english.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
And stop ur silly apology joke.
Man, you guys have such arrogance, sincere apology ko bhi joke.

'm sorry, I started a hopeless quarell with you anywayz.

Well, next month I'll post abut how CBSE was, an about ICSE, let's see.

utsav

damn busy...
Man, you guys have such arrogance, sincere apology ko bhi joke.

'm sorry, I started a hopeless quarell with you anywayz.

Well, next month I'll post abut how CBSE was, an about ICSE, let's see.

tum joke hi maar rahe they , maan lo ab. goli chalake kehte ho ki "kisi ko lag gayi ho toh my sincere apologies for that" ,kya mazaak hai!! :neutral:

and i would request the mods to lock the thread please coz some kids here forget manners and respect for others in a public forum :neutral:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
comp@ddict, utsav please behave.. You two are fighting like kids! I know this is fight club, but still, there are some limits. I'm not closing this right now, but if this continues, im afraid ill have no other choice.

P.S.: comp@ddict, abuses, on any account, will not be tolerated.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
@max-IB is nothing hard. Those are just rumours. Depends on your subjects actually.

Option 1 - English is hard to score.
Option 2 - Hindi/French. Hindi is easy. French depends on you.
Option 3 - Business/Eco depends on your interest. Its easier than cbse/icse as there is NO NEED to mug up crap. You have to be practical. Information Technology - Pretty easy.
Option 4 - Phy/Bio/Chem/EVS - Pretty easy. Hope I pass phy this time.. Hmm
Optino 5 - Maths - Depends on your level - HL/SL/Studies. SL is great. Studies is easiest. HL. lol take it.. you gonna love it IF you understand the questions.
Option 6 - Visual Arts or any other from Option 1-5.

If you are not thinking of going abroad or even if you are thinking, forget IB. Outside good universities need 35+ points for admission while for other boards 75%+ will do and trust me 32+ points in IB is hard. The good thing about IB is you get to select subjects. You guys are in 10th, right? Forget IB then. The only good IB schools in India have closed their admissions. Rest are just for the sake of it. You won't get the true experience there.

Count Dracula

Journeyman
Hey guys stop spamming :( . Myself I attend an ICSE school but people around my area say CBSE is better as it has less mugging up and more understanding etc.I'm gonna stick with ICSE though.But as people comment, I think CBSE is better.

Forget all this sh!tload of crap you are being told by proponents of "public-says-best" theory.

It ALL depends on which stream you are currently doing, and also on which state you are from and finally on your own skills which syllabus you do.

ICSE needs hardworking dedicated and also intelligent students, and you often end up getting 5% or 10% less than CBSE students in 10th, while students from stupid boards like Karnataka State Board get 10%-15% more than you because they study next to nothing in karnataka.

I took CBSE, but I advice you to go for ICSE from 1st upto 10th whether or not you are good or bad because the learning experience there makes you stronger for 11th and 12th. But going half way through CBSE to ICSE is stupidly dangerous unless you are a really hard worker. This advice is applicable ONLY to those who want to feel how hard work looks like.

Else, join an easy board if you want to just pass 10th and concentrate on future more. You can take up extra-curricular classes upto 10th, while science and commerce students of 11th/12th don't have time for ANYTHING during the mad rat-race for IIT and CA respectively. Its stressful, but FUN when you are about to write the exams. Anyway, trying to manage extracurricular stuff in 10th is good for you because you would be juggling between several coaching classes and school in 12th and this sort of helps you get started and at the same time not loose out on childhood fun.

Anyway, 10th marks don't matter much. Even if you get marks as low as 80% you qualify to great 11th and 12th schools. Instead of wasting your time studying subjects you won't pursue after 10th, I advice you to get your basics strong in those subjects which you intend to pursue in 12th. For example, wannabe PCMC students can forgo parts of Biology in 10th to study physics and mathematics in-depth in 10th to have an easier time in 11th and 12th for example. Same advice applicable for Social for PCMB/PCMC students.

I don't mean forgo as in "don't study" but as in don't push yourself too hard to study them if in the same time you can study much more of another subject.

As far as CBSE is concerned, upto 10th you can manage with Last Minute preparation. DONT DO THAT. I learnt it the hard way. Because in 11th and 12th you need continuous studies for which you need practice right from 10th. Ofcource you will end up completing the syllabus pretty fast that way, but then you can use the extra time to study for future classes, by going to advanced portions of other subjects - I personally recommend you learn Logarithms and Calculus in class 9-10 itself if you have the time - log in 9th and calc in 10th. Because CBSE has a totally messed up 11th and 12th syllabus, which has NO logarithms and at the same time, you USE calculus in chemistry and physics a LOT before even learning them in mathematics which completely screwed my 11th life (you learn calculus only in 12th but use it in 11th).

Funnily enough, when learnt at a young age, Calculus and Logarithms appear damn easy, as I noticed with a friend. You just need a good teacher for that.

And yeah, for an easy and comfortable 11th/12th, you can go from ICSE 10th to State Board 11th/12th if your state's board is riddiculously easy like in Karnataka. Do this if you are going for a Bacholars Course like B.Com whose entrance is based ONLY on marks obtained in 12th exams.

Chandal

Banned
I have studied ICSE from 1 to 10th and I know it has helped me a lot in grasping conceps of Physics and Chemistry in 10+2 CBSE. ICSE is the best.Computer Enthusiasts should go for ICSE always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom