• Samsung Galaxy S3

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • HTC One X

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
how it is that much better, explain?

According to reviews S3 is around 10% better in performance and for that 10% you have to compromise with beats audio, sharper camera with 2.0/f and better IPS LCD2 screen which looks way better than samsung's over saturated super AMOLED pentile display.

I don't know why I am saying something good about Samsung, but yeah here it is:

Better battery life
64GB onboard + SD card support (future technology of 2tb cards are also supported)
Better GPU performance
Better camera both sides.
Better audio due to Woflman DAC

P.S. I smell a HTC fanboy over here!

rider

as Kratos
Yes it has little more battery life because of OLED.
No, 64GB model is not available in india. 32GB model is of 40k.
nvidia tegra 3 GPU performance is same as mali-400 of GS3
But overall GS3 32GB is 7-8k more than One X 32GB.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
^You are ignoring the better camera, sd card support, and ofc. the Wolfman DAC which is much better than the HTC's Beats Audio.

Edited.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
I believe in android authority website and the review about HTC camera.
Samsung Galaxy S3 VS HTC One X -- Is 'three' better than 'one'?

^You are ignoring the better camera, sd card support, and ofc. the Wolfman DAC which is much better than the HTC's Beats Audio crap.

beats audio engine is not crap it is far more detail than normal sound. I didn't listen of new S3 but you can't say beats audio is crap unless you listen. I personally use it in my hp laptop with headphones and it is way better in quality than other laptops.
And yea! SD card support is plus point. But dont know why all other brands like apple, sony, htc are not giving SD card features in their flagship phones.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
^I believe in Googling. Period.

I believe in android authority website and its review.
Samsung Galaxy S3 VS HTC One X -- Is 'three' better than 'one'?

beats audio engine is not crap it is far more detail than normal sound. I didn't listen of new S3 but you can't say beats audio is crap unless you listen. I personally use it in my hp laptop with headphones and it is way better in quality than other laptops.
And yea! SD card support is plus point. But dont know why all other brands like apple, sony, htc is not giving SD card features in their flagship phones.

Okay yeah fine its not crap. Happy? But S3's audio is any day better than One X.

rider

as Kratos
^I believe in Googling. Period.

Okay yeah fine its not crap. Happy? But S3's audio is any day better than One X.

Maybe, I'll listen and judge which one is better but many tech reviews says beats audio is winner.

In terms of performance GS3 is winner but as per the price point of view One X is on the top.

OP
I

iPlay

Journeyman
Planning to BUY HTC ONE X this weekend. :D

Whatever it is, HTC SENSE and BEATS AUDIO just can't beat it :p. Compared both phone at a time in Reliance Digital and i found ONE X is better than S3...
But when i RESTARTED both the phone at a time. i noticed One X took about 10-20secs more than S3. Els i liked ONE X most, mostly the look.

rider

as Kratos
Planning to BUY HTC ONE X this weekend. :D

Whatever it is, HTC SENSE and BEATS AUDIO just can't beat it :p. Compared both phone at a time in Reliance Digital and i found ONE X is better than S3...
But when i RESTARTED both the phone at a time. i noticed One X took about 10-20secs more than S3. Els i liked ONE X most, mostly the look.

It doesnt started quickly because fast on mode definitely was off of that phone because in that quick mode One X takes just 11 sec to load.
Check this One X beat S3 in booting time
[YOUTUBE]RuCaJnBxZqA[/YOUTUBE]

papul1993

not a newbie.....
+1 for S3. It will get tons of custom ROMS like the S2. Other than the design and touchwiz, everything else is better than One X.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Yes it has little more battery life because of OLED.
No, 64GB model is not available in india. 32GB model is of 40k.
nvidia tegra 3 GPU performance is same as mali-400 of GS3
But overall GS3 32GB is 7-8k more than One X 32GB.

If i'm not wrong, S3 costs 37k and one X 33k.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
if battery life is crucial go for the galaxy s3..
also s3 performs better than the one one x despite the 100 mhz processor disadvantage..
i would not suggest the one s till it releases with the snapdragon s4 chipset..
believe me,the snapdragon s4 simply blows away the competion..
the one x is no match for its performance which the galaxy s3 somehow manages to keep pace with one s
not that this performance is seen only in the one s with s4 chipset while the one s available in india is an overclocked s3 to match the performance of s4 one s
hope i helped..

how it is that much better, explain?

According to reviews S3 is around 10% better in performance and for that 10% you have to compromise with beats audio, sharper camera with 2.0/f and better IPS LCD2 screen which looks way better than samsung's over saturated super AMOLED pentile display.

htc doesnt bundle beats headphones nowadays (or so i have heard) so to experience beats audio u would have to seperate cash for beats headphones which are very expensive..
and those who are complaining about amoled pentile,amoled is more power efficient than lcds and the pentile matrix doesnt matter in daily usage ..its sharp enough...
i doubt u would be able to see pixels even if u stick it to your nose...
and reviews say the samsung's camera is better than htc..

*www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_iii_vs_htc_one_x-review-759p5.php

rider

as Kratos
if battery life is crucial go for the galaxy s3..
also s3 performs better than the one one x despite the 100 mhz processor disadvantage..
i would not suggest the one s till it releases with the snapdragon s4 chipset..
believe me,the snapdragon s4 simply blows away the competion..
the one x is no match for its performance which the galaxy s3 somehow manages to keep pace with one s
not that this performance is seen only in the one s with s4 chipset while the one s available in india is an overclocked s3 to match the performance of s4 one s
hope i helped..

htc doesnt bundle beats headphones nowadays (or so i have heard) so to experience beats audio u would have to seperate cash for beats headphones which are very expensive..
and those who are complaining about amoled pentile,amoled is more power efficient than lcds and the pentile matrix doesnt matter in daily usage ..its sharp enough...
i doubt u would be able to see pixels even if u stick it to your nose...
and reviews say the samsung's camera is better than htc..

Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III vs. HTC One X: Alien vs. Predator - GSMArena.com

I don't check screen quality only on the basis of pentile display, and I can not check pentile pixels by sticking nose like you. But the matter of fact is samsung is putting old tech.
IPS LCD2 is far much superior than super AMOLED in terms of quality. If you check comparison of the screen you will found IPS LCD2 is produces natural colours not like super AMOLED which produces over saturated makes the colour much more than original, some people like fake reality some don't. Also the white appears bluish-grey in both galaxy s2 and s3. It's not my personal review check any tech review video in comparison they always praise One X display over GS3.
There is no need to talk about S4 krait processor it is not available, everybody knows it beats both GS3 and One X. Motorola may launch Atrix HD in india which will come with S4 1.5Ghz dual core krait processor.

Conclusion: Yes in terms of performance GS3 32GB is little better than One X but for this 7-8k is not fare to pay. In real life performance of both these phones are same and fastest in smartphones.

Last edited:
OP
I

iPlay

Journeyman
Admin please put a vote poll here ,:p as its expensive phone I will be using it for atleast 1-2years so don't want to toss it.

rider

as Kratos
Admin please put a vote poll here ,:p as its expensive phone I will be using it for atleast 1-2years so don't want to toss it.

heyy, iPlay did you check the video of booting speed that I posted on page 1? And can you afford 40k for galaxy S3 32GB model.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
I don't check screen quality only on the basis of pentile display, and I can not check pentile pixels by sticking nose like you. But the matter of fact is samsung is putting old tech.
IPS LCD2 is far much superior than super AMOLED in terms of quality. If you check comparison of the screen you will found IPS LCD2 is produces natural colours not like super AMOLED which produces over saturated makes the colour much more than original, some people like fake reality some don't. Also the white appears bluish-grey in both galaxy s2 and s3. It's not my personal review check any tech review video in comparison they always praise One X display over GS3.
There is no need to talk about S4 krait processor it is not available, everybody knows it beats both GS3 and One X. Motorola may launch Atrix HD in india which will come with S4 1.5Ghz dual core krait processor.

Conclusion: Yes in terms of performance GS3 32GB is little better than One X but for this 7-8k is not fare to pay. In real life performance of both these phones are same and fastest in smartphones.
that , is my personal opinion mate..

i preferr amoleds while some lcds..
and @Op did u check out lg optimus 4x hd???
it is priced between one x and s3...
camera better than one x but performance should be same as they use same tegra 3 proccy...
it has a display similar to the one x...
and it comes with expandable storage..
samsung galaxy s3 has a lot of goodies like s-voice,s-beam,and other wizardry..
and the display isnt as oversaturated as the s2..
the colours are more natural..

and optimus 4x is price at 32.9k on flipkart..

rider

as Kratos
As I said some people like darker colour of super AMOLED but mostly people prefer something more natural. Though LG 4X HD has same tegra 3 but in performance it is worst contender among all. Also LG is known for no future updates. HTC is working to update with 4.1 Jelly Bean and will come in late Q3 2012.
The features S-voice is totally a poor attempt to compete iPhone Siri. It don't work properly and if it does it takes time to give information. S-beam is same as android beam in all ICS phone with NFC.

No. 40k its too much, I can afford 35k. S3 I can get for 35k 16gb I think

What do you find bad about One X 32 GB? I don't think you will get GS3 16GB for 35k with samsung warranty. It is currently of 38k on flipkart.

OP
I

iPlay

Journeyman
Currently I'm using One V and I liked the Sense a lot + HTC earphone which they provide has a very good quality better than my iphone's earphone

rider

as Kratos
Currently I'm using One V and I liked the Sense a lot + HTC earphone which they provide has a very good quality better than my iphone's earphone
It is not only about earphones, it is beats audio engine which enhance sound detailing and quality. BTW What do you find bad about One X 32 GB? hmm

Top Bottom