Which phone to go for?

• Samsung Galaxy S3

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • HTC One X

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters

iPlay

Journeyman
I'm planning to buy HTC ONE X or S3, but confused with these phone.

I didnt liked S3 little bit as compared to ONE X.

But guys please suggest which one to buy.

I need a good battery life. Atleast a DAY.. (My phone will be unrooted, i heard rooted phone decrease a slight of battery]

And also suggest one more good phone(Android ICS) in budget of 25-30k

rider

as Kratos
HTC ONE X 32GB is available for just 32-33k with HTC India warranty. And Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB is of 37k with proper samsung warranty.
Both are great quad core giants available in Indian market. Battery of both phones are nice, though in reviews samsung is 30 min better battery life and will remain easily last for a day in moderate use.
And in the budget of 25-30k Sony Xperia S 32GB for 27k and HTC ONE S 16GB for 30k are good phones.

In my opinion get HTC ONE X 32GB

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
I like HTC Products more than Samsung products, if I would be at your place then I would have gone for One X that too in white color

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
S3 is better than HTX One X for more than one reasons. Although I totally hate Samsung, still I will say SIII is any day better than One X.

rider

as Kratos
S3 is better than HTX One X for more than one reasons. Although I totally hate Samsung, still I will say SIII is any day better than One X.

how it is that much better, explain?

According to reviews S3 is around 10% better in performance and for that 10% you have to compromise with beats audio, sharper camera with 2.0/f and better IPS LCD2 screen which looks way better than samsung's over saturated super AMOLED pentile display.

dexbg

Journeyman
HTC give you Tegra 3 and all the gaming titles that will come exclusive for it .. So if you're for mobile gaming then HTC One X.
Also its damn cheaper.

Personally S3 looks nicer to me .. TouchWiz seems nicer than Sense UI (for me.. )

dexbg

Journeyman
Are you serious, man? Have you seen new Sense 4.0 UI?

Sorry .. not closely I guess .. :) but besides that doesnt matter to as I would root/flash the moment I got my 'em

Any who..

HTC One X has the Price + Tegra 3 Gaming advantage

S3 has the looks + bling/brand/showoff factor ..

I'm saying this coz two of my frnds recently bought these phones together ..

the geeky guy got the One X .. the cool dude got the S3 ..:D

Thats where my impressions stand.

rider

as Kratos
hahahaha :rofl: I get it you are saying because of brand impression of samsung galaxy phones are on the top for android phones.
okay! But AFAIK the looks, design and build quality of S3 gets very negative feedback.

dexbg

Journeyman
I'm one of the rare few who actually like the S3 design

OT over.

Now OP wants good battery..S3 has that.

And to clear OPs doubt that rooting/ flashing decreases battery .. that's not true ..with the right kernel and undervolting you can actually increase battery life and remove the battery hogging apps that come packaged with the phone.

For the 30k phone get the HTC one S or if a lil lower then the galaxy S2

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
how it is that much better, explain?

According to reviews S3 is around 10% better in performance and for that 10% you have to compromise with beats audio, sharper camera with 2.0/f and better IPS LCD2 screen which looks way better than samsung's over saturated super AMOLED pentile display.

Camera of SIII is better. Check: Quad-core shootout: Four of a kind - GSMArena.com

The Samsung Galaxy S III produces the sharpest photos of the four phones. Colors are mostly accurate though the greens are a bit off. The HTC One X is behind in terms of sharpness, despite the overly aggressive sharpening. The contrast is set too high and colors off.

S3 camera is better than One X and the video recording is way better.

HTC scores only in build quality while beats audio is more a gimmick.

Performance wise S3 is better than One X by a little but noticeable margin.

rider

as Kratos
Camera of SIII is better. Check: Quad-core shootout: Four of a kind - GSMArena.com
but 2.0/f is always be better than 2.4/f of samsung, also according to igyaan.in review the low light picture, panorama and burst shoot features are sharper in One X. In that review S3 photos were blued in burst shoot.

S3 camera is better than One X and the video recording is way better.

HTC scores only in build quality while beats audio is more a gimmick.

Performance wise S3 is better than One X by a little but noticeable margin.

beats audio is not gimmick, it is really boosts clarity, bass and detail of the song.

Overall One X is better because of its price. It costs 32-33k with HTC India warranty on ebay.

I'm one of the rare few who actually like the S3 design

OT over.

Now OP wants good battery..S3 has that.

And to clear OPs doubt that rooting/ flashing decreases battery .. that's not true ..with the right kernel and undervolting you can actually increase battery life and remove the battery hogging apps that come packaged with the phone.

For the 30k phone get the HTC one S or if a lil lower then the galaxy S2

According to reviews battery is just 30-40min more in 3G, not a big difference.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
but 2.0/f is always be better than 2.4/f of samsung, also according to igyaan.in review the low light picture, panorama and burst shoot features are sharper in One X. In that review S3 photos were blued in burst shoot.

Specification may say 2.0/f is better, but the reality doesn't, which the review shows. Like 12mp over 10mp doesn't shows superiority, so as the prior.

PS: gsmarena >>> igyaan

PPS: Better camera, better GPU & a bit better battery life make it worth the 3-4k extra.

rider

as Kratos
Specification may say 2.0/f is better, but the reality doesn't, which the review shows. Like 12mp over 10mp doesn't shows superiority, so as the prior.

PS: gsmarena >>> igyaan

I know man, gsmarena is much better than igyaan, but the point is i was saying on behalf of that. He shows in his videos and compared both indian models.

PS: aperture 2.0/f means the picture will also include the more side image than 2.4/f.

Last edited:
Top Bottom