HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: HP Pavilion G6 20xx/2201/23xxAX - powered by Trinity

i am recommending 2313ax over 2049tx to my friend....is it ok....?
i assume ci5>a10...right...? its the only minus...the way i see it...

any reason not to buy 2313ax over 2049tx?....my friend is preferring 2049tx only coz of intel...:duh2:
Nope

But Intel>AMD :facepalm:

tkin

Back to school!!

so you prefer 2049tx....?
Nope, 2313AX, but intel is better than AMD is a fail logic.

Anyway, 2049TX is good, also note neither these laptops have any Win 7 driver available online, Hp only provides Win 8 drivers, so you have to buy or pirate win 8.

Nope, 2313AX, but intel is better than AMD is a fail logic.

Anyway, 2049TX is good, also note neither these laptops have any Win 7 driver available online, Hp only provides Win 8 drivers, so you have to buy or pirate win 8.

Thanks for that...I didn't know about drivers ..
I will push for 2313ax...its his wish...

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

i am recommending 2313ax over 2049tx to my friend....is it ok....?
i assume ci5>a10...right...? its the only minus...the way i see it...

any reason not to buy 2313ax over 2049tx?....my friend is preferring 2049tx only coz of intel...:duh2:

2049TX is a 14" laptop. For gaming a 15" laptop is always recommended because of the extra display. So either 2313AX or better increase budget and get something like HP Pavilion G6-2202TX. Also another reason for avoiding a 14" is they lack a numberpad. This comes really handy in racing games.

Re: HP Pavilion G6 20xx/22xx/23xxAX - powered by Trinity

Please help. Today when I switched on my g6-2005ax I got this error. Check the image. I was shocked when I searched for this error code 90b On internet. :shocked: Please help me. please

Attachments

• G6 startup error.jpg
    G6 startup error.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 107

tkin

Back to school!!

Please help. Today when I switched on my g6-2005ax I got this error. Check the image. I was shocked when I searched for this error code 90b On internet. :shocked: Please help me. please
Its the cooling fan, its not spinning properly, go for warranty, it just takes a snap to replace the fan(if they have it in stock).

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

can you access the fan by removing the back panel. check if the fan is spinning or if it moves at all (without turning laptop on). whatever be the case, call HP CC and report about this thing.

Noob1

Broken In

Guys apart from the performance and graphics of the A8 and A10 processors, are they durable? do they have long life?

tkin

Back to school!!

Guys apart from the performance and graphics of the A8 and A10 processors, are they durable? do they have long life?
Did you read that idiot's review in flipkart? :evil:

The hell they are, they are as good as intel in terms of reliability :cool:

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

you know how big is 1.3 billion? that is the number of transistor a Trinity processor has. reliable you ask :)

tkin

Back to school!!

you know how big is 1.3 billion? that is the number of transistor a Trinity processor has. reliable you ask :)
Don't scare him, he will get this the other way.

Noob1

Broken In

Did you read that idiot's review in flipkart? :evil:

The hell they are, they are as good as intel in terms of reliability :cool:

LMAO, that review has become famous, looks like he's an Intel fanboy.

I don't get it bro, what does billion transistors got to do with reliability?

tkin

Back to school!!

LMAO, that review has become famous, looks like he's an Intel fanboy.

I don't get it bro, whats a billion transistors got to do with reliability?
What he mans it that it may bork any time, so might a intel chip, but in terms of reliability amd is as good as intel, I had seen machines running Athlons from ye old age(seriously overheated due to dust build up on fans), runs fine.

Noob1

Broken In

I know that "AMD" is as good as "Intel", my question is only about AMD A10 and A8 mobile processors:)

Its the cooling fan, its not spinning properly, go for warranty, it just takes a snap to replace the fan(if they have it in stock).
Ok I talked to hp cc. They told me that the engineer will come to my place in 2-3 business days.
can you access the fan by removing the back panel. check if the fan is spinning or if it moves at all (without turning laptop on). whatever be the case, call HP CC and report about this thing.
No the fan is not spinning at all. If I pess enter to continue boot, after two mins laptop overheats and switches itself off.

Help needed!!!! I was browsing through the threads when I saw a post that said "opening laptop to install RAM will void the warranty" Is it true??? HP engineer is to come in 2-3 days to service my laptop. Should I remove the extra installed RAM??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Installing RAM doesn't void warranty.

If you might have seen, the RAM is in one easily openable compartment with no seal.

Top Bottom