HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

hellscream666

Broken In
Re: HP Pavilion G6 20xx/2201/23xxAX - powered by Trinity

Which games are causing the issues, damn, may have to buy a i3 laptop now :(

I don't play much but so far these many games have issues
1. tf2 : 10-12 fps most of the time, have to start in software mode dx 8 to get like 20 fps
2. witcher 2 : it's like watching an old slow motion movie, move and then wait for a few seconds ... move again ... too choppy
3. Planetside 2 : game loads, you enter the map and poof .. thats it .. cant move or shoot or even run around
4. Magicka : runs smooth most of the time but then when there are multiple enemies casting multiple spells.. it hangs for like a few seconds .. happens all too frequently now

:(

tkin

Back to school!!

I don't play much but so far these many games have issues
1. tf2 : 10-12 fps most of the time, have to start in software mode dx 8 to get like 20 fps
2. witcher 2 : it's like watching an old slow motion movie, move and then wait for a few seconds ... move again ... too choppy
3. Planetside 2 : game loads, you enter the map and poof .. thats it .. cant move or shoot or even run around
4. Magicka : runs smooth most of the time but then when there are multiple enemies casting multiple spells.. it hangs for like a few seconds .. happens all too frequently now

:(
:shock:

$hit, here goes my plan to get 2313AX, hello i3 laptops...

hellscream666

Broken In

:shock:

$hit, here goes my plan to get 2313AX, hello i3 laptops...

lol don't give up on them yet .. someone might have found a solution to this I hope .. :-?
Plus am using 2005ax so 2313ax might possibly be giving better performance ?

tkin

Back to school!!

lol don't give up on them yet .. someone might have found a solution to this I hope .. :-?
Plus am using 2005ax so 2313ax might possibly be giving better performance ?
Hmm, I was gonna order today, more research to do.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
erm erm, no problems like hellscream666.

Team Fortress 2 is 100+ FPS easily @ the laptop's resolution.
The Witcher 2 works fine with medium-low settings. Smooth. Dual Graphics should be off.

Catalyst 12.10 from AMD.

been trying to boost the performance of my G6-2005AX for months now but still no use.
Disabling dual graphics... enabling them... putting in high performance mode .. all done but still old games like tf2 gives me 10 fps ..

would really appreciate it if someone actually knows any more methods ?
cheers
Download this - AMD Catalyst

Click next. It will download and install Catalyst 13.1.

The problems you're mentioned aren't there in the first place. 7 people in my hostel have this laptop. One is my room mate.

anyway, first thing which I do on these laptops is install "non-touched" Windows and activate it with the serial number written below. Getting rid of HP crapware is important.

Your post 6 months back. I guess, it's something which you have done.
and I got my own little mean machine G6 2005ax 2 days back :)
so far quite happy with the performance ....currently playing not so intensive games due to time constraints, but team fortress 2 is running fine .... so does the witcher 2 and dragon age : origins

hellscream666

Broken In

The Witcher 2 works fine with medium-low settings. Smooth. Dual Graphics should be off.

Catalyst 12.10 from AMD.

The problems you're mentioned aren't there in the first place. 7 people in my hostel have this laptop. One is my room mate.

Well I could provide a screenshot with my fps when I get back home from work if that would suffice ;)

On the other hand , will try out 13.1 and see if the issues are solved.
Could the low performance be somehow related to the heating issues? I am using a cooling pad n all as I was hoping to avoid the overheating usually seen in hp laptops

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Well I could provide a screenshot with my fps when I get back home from work if that would suffice ;)

On the other hand , will try out 13.1 and see if the issues are solved.
Could the low performance be somehow related to the heating issues? I am using a cooling pad n all as I was hoping to avoid the overheating usually seen in hp laptops
Firstly, there is no heating issue and overheating.

Since this laptop was working fine for you earlier, I've quoted your old post.. low performance is probably because of something which you have done. Problem at your end.

rohanseth8

Broken In

Im not facing any such problems like hellscream is. I own a 2005ax and tf2 is butter smooth. Havent tried other games so I wont comment on them. But I can run many open world games easily except saints row 3 and assassins creed 3. If you are into gaming, I'd suggest this laptop over i3 anyday.

hellscream666

Broken In

Firstly, there is no heating issue and overheating.

Since this laptop was working fine for you earlier, I've quoted your old post.. low performance is probably because of something which you have done. Problem at your end.

Yes It was working fine initially and now it is not and I have not done any tinkering around other than install the drivers. That is the reason why I am in a fix and trying to sort out what is the issue.
and I am NOT dissuading anyone from buying the machine, just that looking for a solution to my issues.

Edit 1: Yes there were heating issues and the laptop used to shut down with a message that the temperature has reached the safety limit.

Edit 2: So installed 13.1 and the profile, disabled dual graphics ... tf2 runs at 30 fps now that is a decent improvement but nowhere near the 100 fps that others have posted though. Will test on others and update

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

Catalyst 12.10 from AMD.

anyway, first thing which I do on these laptops is install "non-touched" Windows and activate it with the serial number written below. Getting rid of HP crapware is important.

Your post 6 months back. I guess, it's something which you have done.
So what say, should just go ahead and order it now?

The hell is this? No Win 7 drivers? And they ship with DOS? The $hit is this HP? Are the drivers backward compatible?

*i.imgur.com/hnCSRu8.png

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Pretty much everyone now packages Windows 7 drivers alongside Windows 8 drivers. If you are downloading a driver for Windows 8, the same would also contain files for Windows 7 and will work smoothly.

tkin

Back to school!!

^^ Pretty much everyone now packages Windows 7 drivers alongside Windows 8 drivers. If you are downloading a driver for Windows 8, the same would also contain files for Windows 7 and will work smoothly.
Ok, I'll download one and check, btw doesn't list 32bit as well, lets see if its there as well, I always use 64bit, but for uninformed users, not good HP, not good at all.

BTW: Can I install catalyst drivers with this? Or will it require some special driver due to the hybrid graphics?

Oh hell no, FU HP, this is ridiculous, that's it, no more 2313AX for me:
*i.imgur.com/bLJiR9Y.png

So sad, I liked that lappy :(

And the final nail to the coffin:

*i.imgur.com/ThW0lj1.jpg

Everyone, immediately stop suggesting 2313AX unless the user also plans to purchase windows 8 for $199(that's the new price right?). OR the one FK used to sell for 3k.

Drivers from other models will work, but no more BIOS updates and drivers may not be updated, so be careful.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

BTW: Can I install catalyst drivers with this? Or will it require some special driver due to the hybrid graphics?

Oh hell no, FU HP, this is ridiculous, that's it, no more 2313AX for me:

So sad, I liked that lappy :(
heh.

Catalyst drivers from AMD's site will work. If you've read my post above, that's what I told someone to do.

anyway, my laptop has zero HP non-sense running. I don't install such crapware.

tkin

Back to school!!

heh.

Catalyst drivers from AMD's site will work. If you've read my post above, that's what I told someone to do.
Yeah, but the other drivers won't, and getting drivers from other model is not a solution, I suffered the same issue with their printers, my model was never listed, hell.

Vinoth Billa

Broken In

Still i did not get proper answer for my questions :/

1. my lap get heats up within 10 mins even in normal usage i reduced proc speed into 1400mhz and disabled dual gpu. currently i am using hp recommended mode...

2. i fully charged my lap and whenever i turn off it and again turn on it the battery level goes down 84%. . .

what to do?? Anyone pls temme possible solutions :)

tkin

Back to school!!

Still i did not get proper answer for my questions :/

1. my lap get heats up within 10 mins even in normal usage i reduced proc speed into 1400mhz and disabled dual gpu. currently i am using hp recommended mode...

2. i fully charged my lap and whenever i turn off it and again turn on it the battery level goes down 84%. . .

what to do?? Anyone pls temme possible solutions :)
Its defective, contact HP RMA, I just visited their fb page, seems a lot of people are having issues with temperature and battery :|

Top Bottom