Hardware that you should NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Yup. Thats what I do here. When I bought my system 10months ago, my vendor said that original Intel mobos are way better than others. One vendor didnt know that MSI, ASUS do not make chipsets. He though that ASUS, MSI, etc make different mobos. I was really ROFLing at that. Here in India, you gotta be conscious.

Musicmaker23

PowerDaemon
if you wanna use vista on your new pc, don't settle for Seagate Barracudas - reports of vista for some vague reason not detecting the drives have come up

iPhone 3G - stay the hell away from this phone... 34k & i can't even get to change my service provider? isn't this pure dictatorship? better set your eyes on Sony w760i/w980 & get your hands on the itouch or new nano

MoserBaer & iball pendrives -everybody knows why!!

Samsung ODDs - you'll soon be playing your cpu in boxing rings to get it to open!!

cheap iball mice - can't tell you how many i've dumped

LG monitors - being equal in price with other competitors, i've never much appreciated this brand, choose samsung or dell

Sony CyberShot cams - greatest number of reports of defects (better select panasonic, nikon etc)

Nokia Nseries phones - Oh! The trauma they've caused me & my family!! :( everyone should pay more attention to Sony phones & hell, i'm even liking the new samsung mobile line-up

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
if you wanna use vista on your new pc, don't settle for Seagate Barracudas - reports of vista for some vague reason not detecting the drives have come up

iPhone 3G - stay the hell away from this phone... 34k & i can't even get to change my service provider? isn't this pure dictatorship? better set your eyes on Sony w760i/w980 & get your hands on the itouch or new nano

MoserBaer & iball pendrives -everybody knows why!!

Samsung ODDs - you'll soon be playing your cpu in boxing rings to get it to open!!

cheap iball mice - can't tell you how many i've dumped

LG monitors - being equal in price with other competitors, i've never much appreciated this brand, choose samsung or dell

Sony CyberShot cams - greatest number of reports of defects (better select panasonic, nikon etc)

Nokia Nseries phones - Oh! The trauma they've caused me & my family!! :( everyone should pay more attention to Sony phones & hell, i'm even liking the new samsung mobile line-up

This thread is about products that make your life miserable.

1) Seagate HDD: There are more reports saying that they are one of the best. if someone says that vista can't recognize seagate disc's, hell with them.

2) iphone 3G: It's for style statement. Don't bring another war. It can't be in this list.

3)moserbaer and iball: totally agree with you

4) Samsung ODD: they are much better now.

5) cheap iball mice: totally agree

6) LG Monitors: partially agree but there is no reason to avoid them totally, esp. since they are picking up well in LCD display quality

7) Sony cybershot: It's the brand for masses. disagree with you.

8) Nokia N series: depends on model. N72 N70 etc sucked big but models like N81 N82 N95 N96 are one of the best phones Nokia or any manufacturer has ever designed.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
N73
N81
N82
N78
N95
N96
N91
N93i

After all of this^^ I dont think N Series is bad in first place.... leave alone not buying them !!

Raccoon

Journeyman
Whats the problem with Moser Baer pen drives? Have never used them... just curious. I can imagine iBall being bad... their product range is good looking but very poor quality and durability (have mentioned my experiences in my last post here).

Dudes, it would be good if you can justify why you dont like a particular product/brand.

Statements like this dont say much:

tanmoy_Siliguri

In The Gaming Heaven
^^Yup. Thats what I do here. When I bought my system 10months ago, my vendor said that original Intel mobos are way better than others. One vendor didnt know that MSI, ASUS do not make chipsets. He though that ASUS, MSI, etc make different mobos. I was really ROFLing at that. Here in India, you gotta be conscious.

Yes....Here when I go to a shop & asked for a Palit card...he said....there is no palit card...there is ati..there is nvidia...but no Palit...I try my best to tell him the truth...but I am in vain.......uffffffffff...what a country...........this vendor just sell...knows nothing.....

girish_b

Journeyman
for to tease, ask your h/w vendor to clearly explain what the problems are with ASUS P5Q-Deluxe. let us know what he says. it will be fun :)

PS: If I were you, I won't buy from that vendor. Go to another vendor and straightaway say " I want ASUS P5Q Deluxe and nothing else. So, when can you get me this mobo".

I'm not buying from him. Two days ago he tried to convince me that 'p5q-deluxe' isn't very compatible with e8400.

need i say more?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Never buy Sony drives. Especially Sony Optairc Axxx ones. Sent one for replacement on 25th and still not back. This is the second time I have sent for replacement in 8 months. WTF !!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Yes....Here when I go to a shop & asked for a Palit card...he said....there is no palit card...there is ati..there is nvidia...but no Palit...I try my best to tell him the truth...but I am in vain.......uffffffffff...what a country...........this vendor just sell...knows nothing.....

Ha ha..(not laughing at the poster)....but Yes, that is what happens in India. Vendors know nothing..about what they are selling. Imagine the trauma when a part is defective..and explaining the deficiency to them. Hell..!!....But we gotta purchase what to do.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
How about this discussion my friend has with TATA Indicom wi-max marketing person (road side stall).

Friend: So, how do I connect the box to my computer
indi: just connect it
Friend: Where to connect to? do I have to buy a lan card?
indi: No. you don't need a lan card. You can just connect it to PC
Friend: Where do I connect it?
indi: to you computer sir.
Friend: Okay leave it. How much speed will I get for 256kbps
indi: Sir, we can promise you full 256kbps all the time but you will be getting around 30kbps (he actually meant 30KBps from what we analyzed)

Then my friend called the customer care and they clearly told him that he need a computer with LAN port and that he will be getting atleast 80% of the promised maximum speed (on an average).

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ No one here buy 945GCNL even though it comes for free and Bro Dual Core is a good performer some time back and it was overtaken by Core 2 Duo... So plz dont compare older tech with current...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom