Hardware that you should NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jck

Journeyman
difference between 22 and 24 inch is very less???
i think u can get a 22 inch for 10k
how much does a 24 inch cost?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
difference between 22 and 24 inch is very less???
i think u can get a 22 inch for 10k
how much does a 24 inch cost?

ROFL, no man. The cheapest 22" is for some Rs.14K. A 24" should cost you well over Rs.20K or in that region.
Don't know the exact price.

Ultimaton

Right off the assembly line
my viewsonic monitor is working perfectly. (va503m) its 15inch and although there are some probs with the power cord coming off and the display getting blanked out, otherwise i have no complaints

numeric digital 600 plus ups
totally ruined my psu. creates a surge when switching to battery power.

amitash

Intel OCer
^The problem with the board is:
1.It doesnt POST for no reason whatsover spontaneously leaving you with a dead board.
2.There is a problem with bios flashing..If everythings fine and you try to Update BIOS, the board will refuse to POST.

This has happend to many users including me...just google for it

acewin

Point Blanc
sir, that's not a reason to ditch the board. i m sure company will update bios soon enough then it will work stable

I ac cept what amitash says. besides when you are paying 17-20K for something and whose price will go down to 14-16K for sure, if I wait for 6-7 months. Why the hell I buy it now, with bios problem which will also take 3-4 months to have the bios fix or hardware rectification

Musicmaker23

PowerDaemon
Whats the problem with Moser Baer pen drives? Have never used them... just curious. I can imagine iBall being bad... their product range is good looking but very poor quality and durability (have mentioned my experiences in my last post here).

Dudes, it would be good if you can justify why you dont like a particular product/brand.

Statements like this dont say much:

LG monitors give the maximum glare at an angle that i've ever seen on any monitor.. even more than viewsonic.. Samsung & dell on the other hand give crisper pictures from wider angles.. the samsung panels are the best on the market right now, give better pictures even if the contrast ratios are a lil' less.

& to everyone else on the forum who says the n96 is a good phone.. my friend sold it off after 2 weeks of use.. & i completely trust his opinion.. not only are the N series phones overpriced, but they suck when it comes to working smoothly on a day-to-day basis.. my entire gang of friends are moving onto to the xpress series of nokia or the sony walkman phones.. perhaps nokia can convince us otherwise with the n85, that remains to be seen...

haider_up32

Broken In
VIEWSONIC LCDS - very poor quality - fault rate very high,dead pixels in new lcds (quality control is bad)

LG 20 - 22x DVD WRITER - VERY VERY NOISY - STICK to sony-nec or only sony

HP LASER PRINTERS - BUY EITHER CANON OR SAMSUNG

VIEWSONIC LCDS - very poor quality - fault rate very high,dead pixels in new lcds (quality control is bad)

those against sony dvd-writers:-

-i never had any media compatibility issues for the 8 years (never with my cd-writer it still works)

-sony-nec oem drives are one of the best dvd-writers in the industry...nec is known for making reliable drives .....life is more

-u can search net for sony-nec

- if u r having media issues then name the media...things like these are generally told by the dealers who get better margins on samsung and lg

Last edited:

spidy333

Broken In
can anyone suggest me nice cabby... i would be using a seperate power supply... i hear many people saying stay away from iball cabbies... but the iball stunner looks really good..

anyone having it and faced any issues..?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Worng Place. Next Time ask in right section

Whats your Budget.

< Rs. 1500 - Zebronics Bijli ( Rs. 1050 - without PSU )
< Rs. 3500 - Antec 300
Rs. 4000-4200 - CoolerMaster CM690

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

those against sony dvd-writers:-

-i never had any media compatibility issues for the 8 years (never with my cd-writer it still works)

-sony-nec oem drives are one of the best dvd-writers in the industry...nec is known for making reliable drives .....life is more

-u can search net for sony-nec

- if u r having media issues then name the media...things like these are generally told by the dealers who get better margins on samsung and lg

Thanks for the quick laugh but please think twice before posting bullsh1t like this (Highlited stuff).

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
AMD Phenom processors - you can get a much better performing Intel Core 2 Duo at the same price.
Insane! :eek: Please suggest a valid reason. What work are you using the Phenom for?
Phenom X4 9550 is available for Rs 6850/-. Now beat that in any multi-core app. :twisted:
------------------------------
Though buying a Phenom rig wight now wont be the best choice; with Phenom II round the corner; one could get that, or wait for price reduction of available processors, both AMD and Intel.

gamer669

Broken In
AMD Phenom processors - you can get a much better performing Intel Core 2 Duo at the same price.
Yeah ! totaly insane !!!!!!!
Looks like you do not read digit regularily, where in PC processors, Top 3 positions occupied by AMD with not diffrence in price with Intel.
AMD is only criticized for use in laptops as they generate more heat tahn INTEL counterpart, nota problem in PC.!!!!!!!!!!

VexByte

Norms Buster
I'm pretty dissatisfied with ASUS MBs. One of my MB needed to be repaired within less than 3 years and another's NIC card gone bust without even using the NIC. :mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom