gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Don´t buy

1)china maal elek gadgets anytime.....only works based on ur luck
2)any ext SMPS when ur supply is havign prob...instead get a UPS/Stabiliser
3)LG DVD-ROMs suxxs..works fine only after a repair
4)6rs and 12rs CD n DVDs when u prefer quality of data/need reliability
5)Mercury audio system sux after sometime....give lots of probs
6)branded pc.....i have never seen them working better tan assembled ones....all suxx...jus for business........

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
branded pc.....i have never seen them working better tan assembled ones....all suxx...jus for business........
^^+++1...when in 2000..i bought my first PC for 50k :eek:: HCL busybee..

i didnt know much abt comps then ...i was fearing that assemblers will put fake processor in it saying this is Intel etc :D

That HCL pC had only Intel810 MB,64 MB RAM,Intel pentium III 700 Mhz for 50k ..If i wud have assembled that it wud cost only 30-35k at that time
thats y never buy a branded PC

imgame2

Padawan
Well i have mercury speakers working 4 last 8 years but Creative Ones didnt last a year

only these two cards support ATI Hybrid Graphics

thats the limitation of the ATI hybrid technology that it can only work with HD3000 cards ...and not the limitation of 780 chipset and hence not the limitation of mobo ...

*ati.amd.com/technology/hybridgraphics/technology.html

if u want more performance get a HD4870x2 and that board will perform like u have not even imagined ...

why blame the mobo for that ...?? get ur facts right before judging a product

Raccoon

Journeyman
I registered mainly to rant about some of my worst experiences -

1) Powercom UPS (DCM Powercom) 600 VA- One of the worst products I'v ever seen. Nothing... and I mean absolutely nothing worked right. Let me list the numerous defects :

i) It would let my comps reboot the moment a power outage happens.
ii) It would reboot my comps at will... even if there is no power outage.
iii) It would reboot my comps if u as much as touch any plug of wire, due
loose connections caused by very, very poor plugs, switches, wires,
power strip.
iv) Battery back up was BARELY 6 mins, and the box and literature claimed
something like 30 mins!!!
v) It smoked 1 SMPS and was quite possibly the cause of RAM failing too.
vi) Causes interference (noise) in telephone line when in battery mode.

Product was repaired and also replaced twice or thrice in warranty. Each replaced product was as bad as the previous one. Battries were also replaced and each was as bad as any other. IT was given for repairs so many times that most of the time I was left with no UPS. Indeed, any comp would be much safter without it! Please plug in your hardware directly into your electric plugs rather than use this UPS... the State Electricity board would be far more trustable than this increadibly poor quality UPS!! Tossed it far away the moment the warranty was over and got APC... and am living happily ever after... :)

2) Mercury (Kobian) products - Another company that specializes in very poor quality products. Unfortunately, I was out of touch and didnt know which hardware was currently best, so I let my dealer offload several products on me, when I assembled my comp. Almost every Mercury product has given trouble and failed just after a year of purchase (so out of warranty). Company even refuses to accept their stuff for paid repair, the moment its out of warranty! Indeed, none of their products are remotely worth repairing, so its a blessing in disguise...

3) iBall - One more company with crappy products. Maybe not as bad as the 2 above, but still QUITE bad! They are just good to look at. Their keyboard I had was one of the worst designs ever imaginable... terrible feel and very poor quality. Even the letters wore off in JUST a couple of months! It finally failed when it was just out of warranty. My bro's iBall UPS also was of very poor quality. Very poor backup, reboots, etc... and it too gave up the ghost by the time the warranty expired.

4) Intex SMPS - started making noise after few months of purchase. However, it still is works (around a year old now), but is noisy. I anticipate it will fail soon.

Dudes, please consider avoiding such 3rd rate companies. I have observed that dealers often try to offload such products by claiming that they have much better support, are value for money, repair centres are v accessible, etc., etc. It is all rubbish... I always say that the best warranty and support is one that you never need!! So try and resist the temptation of saving a bit of money in the short term; and loosing in the long term. Only buy products that have a solid reputation.

Last edited:

girish_b

Journeyman
Is there any problem with the ASUS P5Q-Deluxe mobo lately? When I went to a vendor, here in kerala he told me to get a intel original instead of it saying that the new P5Q-Deluxe boards have some problems. Could this be true?

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ He is saying that because he gets better margin for Intel Boards.

Simple marketing technique.

Some misinformation given by hardware assemblers.

1) Get local made UPS. you get higher VA over APC UPS and for lower price. Bullshit.
2) Get Intel original. others will be buggy. PigShit
3) Get Intel processors only. AMD processors overheat and burn down mobo. Humanshit

Blah Blah Blah

girish_b

Journeyman

1) Get local made UPS. you get higher VA over APC UPS and for lower price. Bullshit.
3) Get Intel processors only. AMD processors overheat and burn down mobo. Humanshit

Blah Blah Blah

Thank you very much for the fast reply. Now I can throw his suggestion back to his face.

Raccoon

Journeyman

Blah Blah Blah

You said it!!! I fell for that years ago... :evil: and also out of laziness to go for hunting for the best stuff. Not anymore. The last person you should ask for advice about is your vendour!

tkin

Back to school!!
Is there any problem with the ASUS P5Q-Deluxe mobo lately? When I went to a vendor, here in kerala he told me to get a intel original instead of it saying that the new P5Q-Deluxe boards have some problems. Could this be true?
I use ASUS P5Q, and it rocks, no one buys Intel mobos these days so they want to sell them off to people, never ever get Intel mobos, they suck when comparing Price:performance.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
for to tease, ask your h/w vendor to clearly explain what the problems are with ASUS P5Q-Deluxe. let us know what he says. it will be fun :)

PS: If I were you, I won't buy from that vendor. Go to another vendor and straightaway say " I want ASUS P5Q Deluxe and nothing else. So, when can you get me this mobo".

Status
Not open for further replies.