Hardware price list/spec sheet

vwad

In the zone
BRAVOOO MAN!! BRAVO...thank you so much
just want to know the price of PHENOM II 955BE..AND the cost of GA-785G-v-evo ..is it.there in the thread.???

Phenom costs 8k at itwares + shipping charges Rs. 80 = Rs. 8,080 at theitwares.com

Regarding mobo, do u want gigabyte's 785g based mobo or Asus M4A785TD-V EVO ? Because I don't see any product by the name of GA-785G-v-evo

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ ichi - Many modern games supports physx and it indeed has some eye candy effects when you play a game with physx support.

But as physX is eye candy thing which adds some special effects here and there in the game some people like it and some don't - so if you want physx effects in a game or not is entirely your call.

if you're want to enjoy physX and planning for SLi then nothing can beats2x GTX 460 in SLi config. Just get get 2x GTX 460 768 MB edition and those 1.5 GB of GDDR5 mem should be more than enough for any game.

if you can bag them around 26k that would be great.

If you don't care much about physX then 2x HD 5850 in a CF config around 31k is another option which you can consider - it's 15-20% fast in most games and the power consumption is also a little less ( 10W ! )

So if you want SLi and physX eye candy and CUDA as a added bonus ( it has great video encoding speed and a large app suport ) then 2x GTX 460 768 MB is what I recommend to you.

BTW, keep in mind that you will need a good PSu like corsair Tx 650 for this sli setup anyway :p

Correction for my last post on previous page : there is no point in going for a GTX 465 - just ditch GTX 465.

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

@ ankiatir4850 - what's your budget and do you need CF setup ??

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
if you're want to enjoy physX and planning for SLi then nothing can beats2x GTX 460 in SLi config. Just get get 2x GTX 460 768 MB edition and those 1.5 GB of GDDR5 mem should be more than enough for any game.

So if you want SLi and physX eye candy and CUDA as a added bonus ( it has great video encoding speed and a large app suport ) then 2x GTX 460 768 MB is what I recommend to you.

BTW, keep in mind that you will need a good PSu like corsair Tx 650 for this sli setup anyway :p

Correction for my last post on previous page : there is no point in going for a GTX 465 - just ditch GTX 465.

GTX 460 768MB x2 seems the right deal for me. First I'll get one and then one month later get the 2nd card as I will tight on budget. Will get Corsair TX 650.

Which brand should I go for? Heard Palit and Zotac are too hot to handle.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your first choice should be Evga - their GTX 460 768MB edition just looks too good.

The other brands you can try is MSi and Gigabyte.

if you can't find any of these then opt for zotac.

Last edited:

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
check this out guys!!
1tb 6.0gbps wd hdd available at newegg for 94$!!!
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

its an amazing deal in my opinion
the guys with sata 3.0(6.0gbps) support in their mobo have a reson to rejoice finally!! :-D
the sata 3.0 hdds are much faster than the top of the line expensive ssds which are bottlenecked by their sata 2.0 intergace

Piyush

Lanaya
^^yes dude
i'll surely go for sata 3
for now i'll just wait for lower variants and a lil money to come in my piggy bank....lol

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
^^^
you ain't got to worry abt your cpu dude
its friggin awesome!! :-O
and make that 4 years if you manage to upgrade your graphics card in the 2nd or 3rd year with a similar priced one
two years from now cards similar to 5970 or 5990 will go for peanuts(read 5-6k)!! :-D

btw i just read somewhere that you ought to keep negative air pressure inside your cabby
so that the heat produced is immediately sucked up outside
something like:-
a very powerful 120mm fan as intake and less powerful 2-3 80mm fans as exhaust!
i may be terribly wrong about this
feel free to correct me :-D

how much does the corsair vs 1333mhz 4gb(2x2gb) cost now?
how much is the difference in its ddr2 version?(afaik there's no performance difference between ddr2 and ddr3)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sourav, i feel that deal is a bad one. cause just giving a slow HDD more bandwidth won't make it fast. won't repeat the highway example. just know Sata II or traditional HDDs have there limit at 3Gbps. to achieve 6Gbps they'll need spin at lackluster speed. will blew up the HDD. so its just a Sata II with Sata III capabilities, i feel. plz correct me if i wrong.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

about exhaust, one good ratio is 3:2. keep 3 fan as intake, 2 as exhaust. all at same size, same speed. also a little bit of common sense & pc will have good ventilation. & yes it'll follow your "negative air pressure" rule.

vwad

In the zone
@sourav, i feel that deal is a bad one. cause just giving a slow HDD more bandwidth won't make it fast. won't repeat the highway example. just know Sata II or traditional HDDs have there limit at 3Gbps. to achieve 6Gbps they'll need spin at lackluster speed. will blew up the HDD. so its just a Sata II with Sata III capabilities, i feel. plz correct me if i wrong.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

about exhaust, one good ratio is 3:2. keep 3 fan as intake, 2 as exhaust. all at same size, same speed. also a little bit of common sense & pc will have good ventilation. & yes it'll follow your "negative air pressure" rule.

received ur courier sam ??

pulsar_swift

Youngling
^^^
and make that 4 years if you manage to upgrade your graphics card in the 2nd or 3rd year with a similar priced one
two years from now cards similar to 5970 or 5990 will go for peanuts(read 5-6k)!! :-D

btw i just read somewhere that you ought to keep negative air pressure inside your cabby

how much is the difference in its ddr2 version?(afaik there's no performance difference between ddr2 and ddr3)

4GB CORSAIR VS DDR3 1333 Mhz was Rs 6200 when i purchased in APRIL. Now its available @ Rs 5400

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
great same ones :) waiting for pics, hope u get the cable soon, try hunting electronics shops :)

hunted a few shops today but in vain. will go to a local shop tomorrow & check if the guy there can offer any help. what a bad luck i got. a piece of cable stopping me start the PC.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^^

Expect to pay around ~2.3k for 2GB 1333 MHz DDR3 from Transcend.

DDR2 and DDR3 has enough performance difference - though you need a core i7 with x58 mobo :p