Hardware price list/spec sheet

borax12

the dotmaster
yeah read it on overclockers forum just now.....INTEL DG33FB seems to hvae been left out witht the overclcking features......anyways.....good luck with he upgrade.....btw....msi and asus have really some neat and great overclocking options....
a realtime total cpu clock speed generator as u go on increasing base clock....and the oc genie on msi is like like really easy to use....so please do consider these brands for any platform(chipset) or socket.... u wish to buy the mobo for....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^
@topgear
At 3.15ghz, I am able to boot into windows with all power saver features turned off.
But the my pc restarts as soon as the cpu hits 100%, even at the last moment the temps don't cross 65c.
I guess it is due to voltage or the ram is holding it back.
And i can't really buy an x58 mobo and an i7 right now so not in the mood for a massive upgrade.
Thats why i prefer to go for a (ddr3 + avg. overclocking + p45) mobo and i will get the transcend 2gig ddr3 ram for 2.3k, i guess after selling my mobo and ram and 2 packed(with warranty card) transcend 4gig pen drives and a pixelview tv tuner(inbuilt) i can get the new mobo + ram for like 2.5k or a bit more(as rest i would gain by selling).
What say??
Is my decision okay?

BTW, why am i not able to post a new thread in the bazaar section?
My post count might be low as i don't get enough time to be an active participant, but i am sensible enough to post in the bazaar section & if it is really to do with my post count then how many posts should i have before i can start creating new threads?
Sorry for this query but i am using my phone with superslow internet and unlimited browser restrictions and hence i just cannot ask by making new threads(yes i can create them but not in the bazaar section) and for me time is also a very big factor for me as i am preparing for iit jee.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry forum members and MODS if it hurts.

DDR2 ram running at 667 MHz is enough to reach around 3.33 Ghz with your cpu so your cpu is not getting enough voltage and that's why it's restarting @ 3.15 Ghz and setfsb don't has any voltage tweaking setting ( correct me if I'm wrong )

Now if you wish to keep your current cpu and OC it to 3.6 GHz or beyond you will need a good mobo based on p45 chipset and as of now there is no point in going for DDR2 so DDR3 is best option for you - so your decision is correct with a P45 DDR3 based mobo but you've missed one thing - I would recommend you to buy a good cpu cooler like Hyper 212 plus for the cpu OC upto 3.6 Ghz or beyond.

Try asking some mod to create a thread in Bazar section

Means ?? :p in regular straight way or sarcastic way ? :D

Of course in regular straight way.

yeah read it on overclockers forum just now.....INTEL DG33FB seems to hvae been left out witht the overclcking features......anyways.....good luck with he upgrade.....btw....msi and asus have really some neat and great overclocking options....
a realtime total cpu clock speed generator as u go on increasing base clock....and the oc genie on msi is like like really easy to use....so please do consider these brands for any platform(chipset) or socket.... u wish to buy the mobo for....

These brands are good for Ocing though you've missed another good brand Gigabyte.

As regarding those genie , AI, OC and Oc profile things are not that accurate and good.

for OCing manual OC is the best thing if uou know the drill - it will give you maximum control over every setting you want to tweak and tinker with provided you have a good mobo :p

Last edited:

borax12

the dotmaster
...who says the oc genie thing is an auto tweaking tool....it basically is the manual tweaker....with added options not found on all boards...thast it...

and yes ddr2 667mhz doesnt relate to what cpu clocks u have...to compliment a good system o'clock ...what u need to expect good latency figures form the DIMMS....an yes the memory frquency also plays a part...but probably beginning with memory o'clocing ....its better to first take into the account the latency and timings,...of the modules...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
...who says the oc genie thing is an auto tweaking tool....it basically is the manual tweaker....with added options not found on all boards...thast it...

and yes ddr2 667mhz doesnt relate to what cpu clocks u have...to compliment a good system o'clock ...what u need to expect good latency figures form the DIMMS....an yes the memory frquency also plays a part...but probably beginning with memory o'clocing ....its better to first take into the account the latency and timings,...of the modules...

^^ don't be so aggressive like saying " who says " !! - you could have completed the post without that anyway.

Now for OC Genie Part :

as far as I know about OC Genie is a one button auto OCer ie with a push of a button on the board the mobo will automatically OC the cpu with required settings.

*hothardware.com/newsimages/Item10306/oc-genie-msi-1.jpg

Starting from P55 Oc genie was introduced - those boards with OC genie button has some kind of special chip which automatically detects the best clock speed for a cpu and you don't have to tinker with even a single bios setting manually.

*hothardware.com/newsimages/Item10306/oc-genie-msi-2.jpg

Will you call the push of a button manual OC ??..... Just push it and the CPU will be automatically OCed!!!

So basically OC Genie is just one button push auto OC tool and the only manual part is you have to just push a button :p

Though OC genie is good at automatically OC a cpu to a decent clock speed it's not the the tool for a pro OCer ie if someone wants extreme level OC and has the knowledge then the manual OCing is still the the best way to go.

Have to dig the web to found this article which I've seen around 8 months ago :p

MSI's OC Genie Makes OC'ing Super Easy - HotHardware

Recently, the OC Genie was installed on an MSI P55 motherboard in the OA European Final in Germany, which places a special OC'ing processor onboard and gives users a "one-button" approach to kicking their system up a notch. There is no hardware modification necessary and no BIOS tweaking required; so long as OC Genie is in there, it can automatically detect the best overclocking setting, implement it and keep your machine from melting. As MSI puts it, you can have your rig safely overclocked in "one second."

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
How is this quotation (got from Multiple, Bangalore) for the desktop in my wishlist ?
Intel Core i5 760 2.8GHz - Rs. 11,100
MSI P55 GD85 - Rs.11,400
Corsair TW3X4G 1600 - Rs.6,450
NZXT Gamma - Rs.3,100 (This cabby is so hard to find and still price is bit high IMO)
BenQ 24' G2420 - Rs.11,800 (Should I get it from official BenQ dealer ?)
Corsair VX550 - Rs.4800 (thinking of going for VX450, what say?)
Graphics Cards:
5850HD 1GB - Rs.16,400
OR
GTX465 1GB - Rs.16,450

Which one is better among the two ? I would like to enjoy physx too. Can I get a cheap NVIDIA card for physx and 5850HD for main graphics thing ?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Piyush

Lanaya
^^get the gtx 460 1gb version
this card is a great performer

if u fall short for money then u can opt for 768mb version

vwad

In the zone
How is this quotation (got from Multiple, Bangalore) for the desktop in my wishlist ?
MSI P55 GD85 - Rs.11,400
NZXT Gamma - Rs.3,100 (This cabby is so hard to find and still price is bit high IMO)
Corsair VX550 - Rs.4800 (thinking of going for VX450, what say?)
Graphics Cards:
5850HD 1GB - Rs.16,400
OR
GTX465 1GB - Rs.16,450

Which one is better among the two ? I would like to enjoy physx too. Can I get a cheap NVIDIA card for physx and 5850HD for main graphics thing ?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Since you are buying intel config, Nvidia based GPU will be better choice. :) Sorry borax12 :D

Piyush

Lanaya
@topgear and borax

ocgenie is a manual OCing tool
the good thing is that u dont have to worry much if u know that ur heatsink can do its job well

see the OC genie has 2 switches
by default both the swithes are set to 0,0 state
when s1 is set to 1 and s2 to 0,we get 10% of base clock speed
when s1 is set to 0 and s2 to 1,we get 15% of base clock speed
when s1 is set to 1 and s2 to 1,we get 20% of base clock speed

i'm telling it with help of the MSI unit i have
it may be different combination in other brands and models

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@topgear and borax

ocgenie is a manual OCing tool
the good thing is that u dont have to worry much if u know that ur heatsink can do its job well

see the OC genie has 2 switches
by default both the swithes are set to 0,0 state
when s1 is set to 1 and s2 to 0,we get 10% of base clock speed
when s1 is set to 0 and s2 to 1,we get 15% of base clock speed
when s1 is set to 1 and s2 to 1,we get 20% of base clock speed

i'm telling it with help of the MSI unit i have
it may be different combination in other brands and models

Yes I know and I can see that OC Genie has two buttons to control how much OC you want but why I called it a auto OC tool rather than manual is :

I simply can't can call a press of a button/ ( or a setting of a profile ) or two without even changing any settings by the user to get a limited amount of speed a manual OC.

You don't need to change cpu vcore volt, HT/FSB speed and volt , NB and SB volts and/or speeds , ram speeds/ timings etc. In a simple word you don't have to configure anything by going through bios options - just follow the mobo manual and set the buttons/profiles accordingly and Voila ! you will get your desired speed.

Many Asus and Gigabyte mobos have also this kind of thing built in their bios and they like to call it OC profile and you'll get 5-25% using it.

But all those are sort of auto OC coz you've to just set your desired level of OC that the mobo offers through this OC tools.

On the contrary in a manual OC mode ( with a good mobo ) by altering necessary bios options you are not limited upto any percentage of speed ( as OC genie has 20% limitation as posted on your post ) - you can even get the double speed of your cpu's default clock speed ( of course with necessary cooling ).

That's why you will see for eg. a intel celeron Oced from 1.8 Ghz to 3.6 Ghz and some e8xxx and e7xxx running at well over than 4 Ghz -these kind of speeds achieved by using manual OC mode by altering bios settings - OC genie or OC profile like fancy tools can't give you these kind speed or freedom while OCing.

To summarize it all - OC genie or Oc profile like things are more suitable for those kind of users who wants a decent amount of OC right out of the box without bothering to change any settings in bios and that's why called them auto OC tool.

Manual OC lets you speed up or speed down your cpu and voltages but these auto tools simply will not allow you to do so so you could never get 100% control over your OC.

But in real manual OC your OC potential is not just limited upto 20-30% -you are the one who have to make the decision which settings you want to change and to what extent to get your desired speed beyond the level which these auto tools simply can't provide.

That's why while Ocing most of the users still prefer to use the old fashioned manual mode OC by altering necessary bios settings and it's very adventurous and fun to do :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ glad to know that :p

@ ichi - NZXT gamma should be around ~2k better to get a CM Elite 430 @ 2.7k

if you can invest in VX550W - more power is always better.

If you want to enjoy physX better get GTX 465 though it's 5-10% slower than Hd 5850

you won't be able to use two different gfx card drivers at the same time so there's no chance to use a ATI card as gpu accelerator and nvidia card as a ppu accelerator but you will be able to use two different series nvidia cards - one as gpu and another one as ppu.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@topgear
I read some reviews and it says that GTX460 is the coolest fermi and VFM card. Do you think that physx plays an important role in enjoying a game ? I am more inclined towards HD5850 though but still GTX 460 is a good option. Considering I will get another and churn them out in SLI. What do you think ?

Shall I wait 1 month (August) for price slashes and other competitors entering in the field ?

Are the given below prices good enough (including taxes) ?

MSI P55 GD85 - Rs.11,400
Corsair VX550 - Rs.4800
Graphics Cards:
5850HD 1GB - Rs.16,400

ankiatir4850

VG gamerush!
BRAVOOO MAN!! BRAVO...thank you so much
just want to know the price of PHENOM II 955BE..AND the cost of GA-785G-v-evo ..is it.there in the thread.???

Top Bottom