Hardware price list/spec sheet

vwad

In the zone
@vwad
holy hell i am feeling so damn good to interact with some1 like minded here at kota every1 is so dumb regarding tech.
Btw i m not discarding my proccy so no amd for me as of now will definitely consider for my next build(ie after my jee exam on 17 april 2011 or so)

p55 mobo wit ddr3 support(atleast 4 dimm slots) suggestions will be appreciated.

Please ignore typos and capitalization coz i am on mobile.

The cheapest available on theitwares.com is MSI P55-CD53 LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard 1 SEC OC GENIE BUTTON+ DrMos

Price Rs. 5,850/-

Intel original DP55WB at Rs. 5,650/- is also available, but there are heck of limitations in that :(

@vwad
but my q6600(lga 775) just won't fit the 1136 socket or it would?
Sorry if my question sounds silly i just lost touch with current tech.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

@vwad
but my q6600(lga 775) just won't fit the 1156 socket or it would?

vwad

In the zone
@vwad
but my q6600(lga 775) just won't fit the 1136 socket or it would?

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

@vwad
but my q6600(lga 775) just won't fit the 1156 socket or it would?

Oops my bad. You are right. You are not silly I am LOL :p

*www.theitwares.com/p43c51-intel-chipset-ddr3-motherboard-p-480.html

OR

*www.theitwares.com/intel-p45c51-motherboard-p-481.html

Go for anything you like :)

Last edited:
@vwad
can u please tell me some estimated value for my mobo(dg33fb) and ram(kingston 1gbx2 667mhz)
i would be getting the msi board(4.7k) and transcend ddr3 1x2gig ram(2.3k) so total 7k.
But i need to sell my current mobo & ram then only i can get the new hardware otherwise it "kabhie aur beta" for me :(

btw why the forum craps whenever i post something?

prvprv

Journeyman
I have a 500GB Seagate sata 7200.12 HDD. Now I want to get a 1tb drive
shall i go for Seagate 1tb?? what is the latest series? How good is it over WD drive?

vwad

In the zone
@vwad
can u please tell me some estimated value for my mobo(dg33fb) and ram(kingston 1gbx2 667mhz)
i would be getting the msi board(4.7k) and transcend ddr3 1x2gig ram(2.3k) so total 7k.
But i need to sell my current mobo & ram then only i can get the new hardware otherwise it "kabhie aur beta" for me :(

btw why the forum craps whenever i post something?

No idea regarding resale values. Sorry. May be others can help out. You will have to wait for them. :)

Wait, Dont finalise. Do u have a graphics card ? If not then, you don't have much choice rather than to go for Asus P5Q-VM as per and according to my knowledge. Price Rs. Rs.5720/- on theitdepot.com

I have a 500GB Seagate sata 7200.12 HDD. Now I want to get a 1tb drive
shall i go for Seagate 1tb?? what is the latest series? How good is it over WD drive?

Purpose and type of use ????

Last edited:
@vwad
yup its the gtx960(superFERMI), OKAY ITS THE (Cough cough)^infinity age old xfx7600gs got it for 11k, i curse my decision :( will buy the ati 5850 next year start(provide i save 50% of its cost).
I know it would be a major bottleneck but then i have to save.
God hardware in india is so damn expensive.

vwad

In the zone
I will use my old 500GB drive as backup and want to make this new 1tb drive as a multi-OS drive (winXP, 7, linux, mac) and storage purpose also. so what would be good seagate or WD?

Go for WD, preferably Black Edition as per suggestions received here by me.

For OS loading, I also received suggestion of using SSD disks :)

RaptorX

Broken In
I was interested to know the prices for 500gb external/portable hd for seagate, transcend and others. One shopkeeper in the suburbs quoted 3800 for transcend and 4050 for seagate. Is this correct? or too high?

Which one should I go for? Transcend one seems to be the most sturdy and shockproof. But seagate is the most popular and has 5 years warranty, yet not as sturdy. Anyone experienced both?

Where would I get best prices besides lamington rd. Is that my only choice?

Any suggestions would be great. Need to buy one soon(next 2-3 days).

Thanks.

vwad

In the zone
I was interested to know the prices for 500gb external/portable hd for seagate, transcend and others. One shopkeeper in the suburbs quoted 3800 for transcend and 4050 for seagate. Is this correct? or too high?

Which one should I go for? Transcend one seems to be the most sturdy and shockproof. But seagate is the most popular and has 5 years warranty, yet not as sturdy. Anyone experienced both?

Thanks.

Go to TheITWares -TheITwares Ecommerce

Best one in Mumbai

RaptorX

Broken In
Appreciate the replies. The shop you mentioned, their website doesn't list transcend. Plus, the seagate portable drive price is higher by 100rs than a shop I know in the suburbs.

Also, any opinions on transcend vs seagate?

borax12

the dotmaster
if its the Transcend StoreJet 25f (500GB) you are talking abt...the i surely recommend it....but reember this one has usb 2.0 ....no firewire.....so this builds up as an disadvantage....but this one sure has great data write speeds at a lesser price.....please mention the exact model names you have jotted down....that would help me give a more precise answer

RaptorX

Broken In
if its the Transcend StoreJet 25f (500GB) you are talking abt...the i surely recommend it....but reember this one has usb 2.0 ....no firewire.....so this builds up as an disadvantage....but this one sure has great data write speeds at a lesser price.....please mention the exact model names you have jotted down....that would help me give a more precise answer

According to transcend's website the model I'm referring to is 25m.
Welcome to Transcend Website - StoreJet 25M (grey & orange). Its the only kind I've seen at shops.

I haven't come across the 25f.(*www.transcendusa.com/products/ModDetail.asp?ModNo=226&LangNo=0&Func1No=&Func2No=). Doesn't seem as sturdy as the 25m either.

Is there a big difference between the 2?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@all
what would my old mobo and ram details in my previous post go for.(perfectly fine and in running condition)
is anybody interested?
Reason to sell> although intel boards are robust and with fsb overclock(using some software i actually forgot the name, the one in which we had to select the pll chip) i did 3ghz stable(prime95 quad core version for 6hrs after that electricity went off and temp was 62c-62c).
Intel mobos don't provide bios overclock and i don't have enough cash to actually to buy myself an i7 rig and anything less than that i won't buy.
Forgive me for this ot post, i know it should have been in the bazaar section but i am a student(preparing for jee 2011 in kota) so i don't have ample time.
My pc is back there in kanpur, i will be going there from 31st july to 3rd august.
So if any1 from kanpur interested do pm me.
Will be able to send the pics only when i reach home.
Once again sorry for the ot.
Long hail digit forum.

So after getting 60-62c why you are not OCing any more with that software - temps upto 65c is perfectly fine for your proccy - if you too scared then buy a cpu cooler.

Did you lose the OC settings of that software - if so then even after buying a new mobo you will have to OC manually to get the best OC possible for your CPU.

If you want only 3 GHz then use that software with your stock rams - if you want to hit 3.6 GHz+ then think of a new mobo with DDR3 and don't forget to buy a cpu cooler like CM Hyper 212+ @ 1.8k for that.

BTW, the software you were talking about is SetFSB
get it here : SetFSB_HomePage

I will use my old 500GB drive as backup and want to make this new 1tb drive as a multi-OS drive (winXP, 7, linux, mac) and storage purpose also. so what would be good seagate or WD?

Go for WD, preferably Black Edition as per suggestions received here by me.

For OS loading, I also received suggestion of using SSD disks :)

for seagate look for 7200.12 series drives.

WD black is also very but the price is around ~4.8k i guess - but for that much you can get a seagate 7200.12 1.5TB drive anyway which is at par comparing performance

@ vwad - 4.9k is very sweet pricing for the FSP epsilon 600W PSU :p

Thanks.

Though most people buy seagate the transcend one is a rugged drive and can handle some daily wear and tear easily - so if you going to travel a lot then get the transcend drive and it's also a little bit cheaper :p

^
@topgear
At 3.15ghz, I am able to boot into windows with all power saver features turned off.
But the my pc restarts as soon as the cpu hits 100%, even at the last moment the temps don't cross 65c.
I guess it is due to voltage or the ram is holding it back.
And i can't really buy an x58 mobo and an i7 right now so not in the mood for a massive upgrade.
Thats why i prefer to go for a (ddr3 + avg. overclocking + p45) mobo and i will get the transcend 2gig ddr3 ram for 2.3k, i guess after selling my mobo and ram and 2 packed(with warranty card) transcend 4gig pen drives and a pixelview tv tuner(inbuilt) i can get the new mobo + ram for like 2.5k or a bit more(as rest i would gain by selling).
What say??
Is my decision okay?

BTW, why am i not able to post a new thread in the bazaar section?
My post count might be low as i don't get enough time to be an active participant, but i am sensible enough to post in the bazaar section & if it is really to do with my post count then how many posts should i have before i can start creating new threads?
Sorry for this query but i am using my phone with superslow internet and unlimited browser restrictions and hence i just cannot ask by making new threads(yes i can create them but not in the bazaar section) and for me time is also a very big factor for me as i am preparing for iit jee.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry forum members and MODS if it hurts.

Last edited:

borax12

the dotmaster
According to transcend's website the model I'm referring to is 25m.
Welcome to Transcend Website - StoreJet 25M (grey & orange). Its the only kind I've seen at shops.

I haven't come across the 25f.(Welcome to Transcend Website - StoreJet 25F). Doesn't seem as sturdy as the 25m either.

Is there a big difference between the 2?

yes there is actually......for the review on the 25m.....heres it....
Transcend StoreJet 25M - DigitalVersus

this says-It takes 41 seconds to write 1 GB to the drive and 33 seconds to retrieve it.....so not a pretty good....write speed.....plus the only thing backing up is the rubber casing.....
i believe go for a hdd that has the esata connector port as till the usb 3.0 doesn't come into scene...the fastest write and read speeds are offered by esata only......
but...going with esata could also pose as a problem.....if suppose u carry your ext hdd with u...and u end up using pc somewhere that doesn't a have an esata port...there this may become troublesome for u...otherwise going with esata based drives is a good idea if you dont have to carry it with you always and every where.....also if you are actually interested in carrying the device with you....go for the-Seagate 500GB FreeAgent Desk USB 2.0 External Hard Drive.....or the Western Digital My Passport Essential 500GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive - Black...or the Seagate Expansions 500GB External Desktop USB 2.0 Hard Drive

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

^
@topgear
At 3.15ghz, I am able to boot into windows with all power saver features turned off.
But the my pc restarts as soon as the cpu hits 100%, even at the last moment the temps don't cross 65c.
I guess it is due to voltage or the ram is holding it back.
And i can't really buy an x58 mobo and an i7 right now so not in the mood for a massive upgrade.
Thats why i prefer to go for a (ddr3 + avg. overclocking + p45) mobo and i will get the transcend 2gig ddr3 ram for 2.3k, i guess after selling my mobo and ram and 2 packed(with warranty card) transcend 4gig pen drives and a pixelview tv tuner(inbuilt) i can get the new mobo + ram for like 2.5k or a bit more(as rest i would gain by selling).
What say??
Is my decision okay?

BTW, why am i not able to post a new thread in the bazaar section?
My post count might be low as i don't get enough time to be an active participant, but i am sensible enough to post in the bazaar section & if it is really to do with my post count then how many posts should i have before i can start creating new threads?
Sorry for this query but i am using my phone with superslow internet and unlimited browser restrictions and hence i just cannot ask by making new threads(yes i can create them but not in the bazaar section) and for me time is also a very big factor for me as i am preparing for iit jee.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry forum members and MODS if it hurts.

regarding the temp and overclocking problems of yours......i swear i tell....you reading this from you prev posts.....i have an intel p4 based sytem too....and my mobo is like really old..!!!....but who says they dont have bios overclocking.....its always there....goto your BIOS...there will be an option called....frequency/voltage control.....use that to change the fsb as well as the cpu volt......but remember as u said that ur pc is being pushed off limits before even crossing 65 C(good you turned off all power saving features...even form the BIOS i believe)....the reason is...although the said temp is good for the the sys u have now.....actually the voltages aren't working fine(is it greater than 1.5V...if it is....this is not good)...

cpu usage becomes 100%....and ur pc restarts...this is becoz....firstly....the overclock aint working good.....

1.goto the BIOS and reset all settings to default values....

2.do not use any software volt alteration or fsb alteration....rather do it form thr BIOS...becoz the actual voltages are diff...the one shown on the software(even cpu -z) have voltage overheadds added to the value...

3...then reset memory module voltages and frequency to default as well....

4.then its time to play...go to the said option in the bIOS...and change or rather increment the fsb slowly...in small values.....and then check the prime 95 for only 15 min session.....

then after a "not an extreme" but "fairly ample" overclocking is done....run the prime 95 for a larger duration...and then if necessary increment the cpu voltage....further if its necessary.. change the memory frequency and voltage as well...though i advise you to ....change the memory values only if you are like very interested to do so...
.....and buy a cooler only if the temps go higher than the said safe value of 65C....but i know it wont....and don't overdo the overclocking.....i advise you to only increase in smaller steps...

and regarding the posting of thread problem.....i believe the inability to post new threads in the bazaar section shouldn't be related to the smaller post count....delete the temp internet files ,cache etc of ur browser and login and try again...and see if it works or not...or else try any other browser too...
...i hope all this helps....:)
now regarding the temp count....

^
@borax12
bro i am not a noob and have a fair bit of experience with overclocking on my friend's recent build(i7 920 and i really liked it) took it to 4.2ghz turbo off, just by lapping the TRUE as well as the cpu backplate & arctic solution on an EVGA x58 mobo and using the overclock features on the mobo.

BUT IN MY CASE THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE INTEL DG33FB JUST DOESN'T SUPPORT BIOS OVERCLOCKING AND I REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO THE BSEL MOD, HENCE GOING TO UPGRADE.
Btw, thanks for your concern & THE PART OF MY POST IN BOLD IS ACTUALLY BOLD BECAUSE IT IS THE MAIN PART AND NOT BECAUSE I AM SHOUTING!!
Thanx :)

Top Bottom