GTA Heaven

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I never completed GTA4 inspire of buying a legit game. But I can never forget the awesome time I had with GTA: SA. I must have played it for a month. Got stuck in a few missions for days but kept playing it.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I don't understand why GTA IV is not running well on my pc.

My PC specs:

Intel Pentium Dual Core G2010 @ 2.8GHz
RAM : 4GB
Graphics: 1GB Asus NVIDIA GeForce 210
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Hard Disk Space: Plenty

Now, GTA IV's System Requirements:
Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
Memory: 1.5GB
Free Hard Drive Space: 16GB
Video Card: 256MB NVidia 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
Memory: 2GB (Windows XP) 2.5GB (Windows Vista)
Free Hard Drive Space: 18GB
Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

I should be able to run atleast on Low settings but the game lags unusually, especially when in a vehicle & pressing A & D buttons to steer Left & Right. Pressing the arrow keys to do the same thing doesn't lag! It only happens when I press A or D that it lags for half a second each time which makes it difficult to play efficiently.

Is GTA IV too much demanding? Because I just finished playing Hitman: Absolution under Low Settings & it never lagged.
Here's Hitman's System Requirements:
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2140 1.60GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ or better
RAM: 2 GB Memory
GPU RAM: 512 Mb
GPU: Nvidia 8600 GTS / AMD Radeon HD 2900 GT or better

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
gta 4 was never properly optimised for PC. and adding to that your 210 GPU is not exactly powerful either.

you should update the GPU atleast.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
gta 4 was never properly optimised for PC. and adding to that your 210 GPU is not exactly powerful either.
you should update the GPU atleast.

A 210 GPU is comparable to an 8800GT. And mine has plenty of GPU as well as system RAM. While 512MB 8600 is the 'Recommended' requirements which 210 fulfills, it is easily above than the minimum 256MB 7900. Just checked out google, seems to be an issue with many members.. updating the patch right now..

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
whatever you wish.. but GTA4 is a big pile of sh!t on the PC. on consoles.... its a master piece ;)
I have played it before on a 2011 Dell Laptop with 512MB AMD graphics (trying to remember the model) & it had no issue like the one on my desktop. Probably, it has something to do with the software because if many have that problem then its a good thing in disguise.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ the Intel G2010 isn't exactly the fastest processor around. GTAIV is both CPU & GPU straining.
I played the game on medium settings on my AMD Phenom II x4 840 & 9500GT and it ran fine @ 25FPS at medium settings. It was the latest-patched version from Steam though :wink:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
^^ the Intel G2010 isn't exactly the fastest processor around. GTAIV is both CPU & GPU straining.
I played the game on medium settings on my AMD Phenom II x4 840 & 9500GT and it ran fine @ 25FPS at medium settings. It was the latest-patched version from Steam though :wink:

I expect it to run fine on 800*600, Low Texture,Rendering , lowest other settings. It can do that atleast?

Update: Updated the patch to the stable one (1.0.3) & vola! Its running smooth under 1024*768 & other settings to Medium. Told ya, if the problem is common then its a good thing in disguise :-D :cool:.

Hrishi

And since you mentioned 'm' series GPU , that makes it a laptop . So it's even more tougher task. Don't stress that poor little GPU too much IMO.

Top Bottom