Google Nexus 4 Thread

rider

as Kratos
you wont find it at that price. 22k when it was in pre order phase and now 30k and up!

that price was fake cart2india cheated all the buyers by pre ordering. Not a single person get a phone as they are unable to provide. Hence they delayed their orders to ship in January, maybe.

Neo

That's sad. I thought I saw it for 22k a month ago, should have ordered that very time. Now, at 30k G SIII (33k ?) makes sense I guess. :|

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
one thing people are forgetting here that google is retailing the lg phone under nexus brand, and hence it is able to retail for 299$, however if you buy the same phone from lg then its 599$.
because of shortage in supply. So dont blame lg india for the price.
Finally someone with common sense.

Google is subsidizing the phone when selling directly (eg, USA). In Europe and India, it's LG's responsibility to sell.

rider

as Kratos
Finally someone with common sense.

Google is subsidizing the phone when selling directly (eg, USA). In Europe and India, it's LG's responsibility to sell.

Yes! they are subsidizing Nexus 4 in countries like US, UK, Germany etc. They price in UK for 8GB model is £240. According to IGyaan if LG doesn't launch the phone in this December it may not launch lately just like Galaxy Nexus. Source

vipul619

whodiswhodat
Why doesnt LG just f**king admit that Nexus 4 will never be launched in India as always, so I can buy my device :mad:

rider

as Kratos
GNex was recently launched here, so Nexus 4 will be out when the next Nexus device is launched maybe.

GNex never ever officially launched in India.

Why doesnt LG just f**king admit that Nexus 4 will never be launched in India as always, so I can buy my device :mad:

Get a GS3 16GB for 31k or cheaper with free 32GB class 10 samsung microSD card. Completely value for money.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Nexus 4 demand 10 times higher than Google expected

LG has once again blamed Google for stock issues with the perenially sold-out smash-hit Android phone, saying the Big G had no idea of the potential demand.

Speaking to Challenges, LG France boss Cathy Robin pointed the finger at Google. LG says it simply built as many phones as Google asked for, a number based on the sales of previous Nexus phones, such as the Nexus S.

nub google

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Re: Nexus 4 demand 10 times higher than Google expected

nub google

Comments were some of the most hilarious ones! :p Can't resist quoting some here:
I like being exclusive :) I don't mind being a fandroid parting with a small amount of cash, much better than being ripped off by Apple!

I was lucky getting a Nexus 4, i live in London and have only seen one other person with one! I like being different, i would never want to be an iSheep!
Peter: There is no difference between 'fandroids' throwing their money that anything that has a google logo on it and 'iSheep' throwing their money at an apple logo.

It's all pathetic fanboyism.
Lucky enough to have a Nexus 4 :) love the term 'iSheep' lol
I changed my life around about 2 months ago, I have always been an apple fan and always slated android although I never used one, decided out of constant nagging from my sister to try android so I sold my iPhone 4 and bought a nexus 4 of eBay, got the 16GB for £300, must say I can believe how much more you can do and how much freedom you have over the iPhone, this OS is amazing it makes IOS feel about 20 years old, won't be going back cannot get over how much I been missing out, bye bye apple and hello android you now have a news fandroid
@Peter, I didn't see your comment before. The difference between people throwing cash at Google and Apple is £250, the 16 GB Nexus 4 costs £279 (when its available on the Play Store) and the 16 GB iPhone 5 costs £529 from Apple's website.
anonymong : Fandroids out in force today. They are getting as bad as the iSheep (infact I think they've surpassed them)
@anonymong thank you for giving me the opportunity to laugh AT you! And at least android users aren't buying the same device year after year. Have a good day fool!

rider

as Kratos
31k is way more than 23k :/

What? Why you are confused with US market and Indian market? First the actual price of Nexus 4 (16GB) is $390 included shipping and taxes. That is about 22k. This is for those developed countries where play store sales hardware. In India people hardly buy an app. In those countries where this is cheap is because google expect their customers to purchase not only apps but also ebooks, magazines, music, movies etc. This is why they are selling it in retail price. Other carriers selling unlocked version of Nexus 4 for 550$.

btw, i noticed the nexus 4 is made in korea... is that why its cracking? :mrgreen:

LG said there is no problem with manufacturing that is from their south korea. Just Google is playing games with consumers, thats it. May be they got money from samsung, htc to do this. Because they don't have phone as par snapdragon S4 Pro :wink:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I am really interested in getting this one as my next phone. Any idea when it comes to India?

I know that there is some sort of dispute between Google and LG regarding the pricing, but I need to know so that I can manage my finances accordingly.

pratyush997

Inactive
I am really interested in getting this one as my next phone. Any idea when it comes to India?

I know that there is some sort of dispute between Google and LG regarding the pricing, but I need to know so that I can manage my finances accordingly.
IMHO It won't and as Moto left India, we can't have the Phone "X" too :(
damn you Google!

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Looks like the Google Nexus 4 is back in stock in US, UK, etc.

Google's Nexus 4 Back In Stock In The UK, France and Spain

I was wondering, if I did buy my a Nexus from eBay now, will I get after sales support? If yes, where?

rider

as Kratos
Looks like the Google Nexus 4 is back in stock in US, UK, etc.

Google's Nexus 4 Back In Stock In The UK, France and Spain

I was wondering, if I did buy my a Nexus from eBay now, will I get after sales support? If yes, where?

Yea! It's good news comes out couple of days ago. After ordering they are still letting buyer to wait for 1-2 weeks.
I suggest you to wait till March. You will get better deals from reliable ebay sellers. I guess 16GB model would be available for 25-26k with seller's warranty.

Top Bottom