Google Nexus 4 Thread

vipul619

whodiswhodat
How much does it cost in totality, if one gets it from US?
8GB model + Taxes + Shipping in US(if not free) = ??

1) As of now you can't get it, coz people in the US even can't find it :p
2) When you do get it, it'll cost you around 5-6k extra IMO. So the 8GB will cost you around 27-29k

rider

as Kratos
How much does it cost in totality, if one gets it from US?
8GB model + Taxes + Shipping in US(if not free) = ??

Google/LG played a trick. they launched the for such a good price but not providing at play store due to so call shortage. :wink:
The final price from play store would be 350$(16GB phone) +30$(taxes) + 10$ (shipping) = 390$
In future when it would be available. If you have a relative/friend who can purchase from from play store have to pay 20$ to send it to India. Customs would be nothing or negligible because of its low price. But keep in mind if your phone face any issue specially hardware all your money would be wasted as no warranty and availability of this phone in India.

Okay!
20437 INR
Use this KTD - Price Calculator

:facepalm: 299$ is not the final price. In checkout they are charging for taxes and shipping too.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
:facepalm: 299 = 16k And the rest is Customs Check it

I check it but and this calculator is meaningless as customs depends upon product size, weight not only price. Procedure is -
First someone purchase Nexus 4 from play store he has to pay taxes and shipping for an American address at time of billing and then that person will ship through some international courier service (+20$) and at the time when it will land in India it passes through customs duty which is just around 3% for a mobile phone of such a low price.

varunparakh

Gamer in me
I know, how does one get it from States and for what price, but what i wanted to know the final price of getting it, IN STATES! A relative of mine would have got it here then.

As rider mentioned :
The final price from play store would be 350$(16GB phone) +30$(taxes) + 10$ (shipping) = 390$

What would be the price for 8GB model ? Um a lazy bum, skipping calculations, thus asking, if anyone knows ;)

rider

as Kratos
I know, how does one get it from States and for what price, but what i wanted to know the final price of getting it, IN STATES! A relative of mine would have got it here then.

As rider mentioned :

What would be the price for 8GB model ? Um a lazy bum, skipping calculations, thus asking, if anyone knows ;)

I guess it would be same. The final price of 8GB model would be 340$

rider

as Kratos
@Rider I Think LG was the one to play the trick so that Nexus sales won't hamper Optimus g ones!

May be. There is also a new comes out from tech news sites android central that google and motorola are working for a new X phone.

Google buys Motorola. Denies any plans to do anything with it. No one believes them. Flash forward. Rumors spread Google is doing something with them. Deep breath. It's rumored to be an "X Phone" designed, once again, to take on the iPhone.

That might sound silly until you realize it's been Samsung, not Google, who's had all the success in the market against Apple. Now that Google owns Motorola, it only makes sense they'd want that division to be profitable as well, and to be an insurance policy against the power of manufacturers like Samsung, the same way Android was an insurance policy against the power of BlackBerry and Microsoft at first, and then very quickly Apple.

Not much is know about the code-named X Phone yet (which really should have been a name used by Microsoft for a gaming phone, but I digress), though Android Central scored some details in their forums:

Apparently this phone is called the "X Phone" or something along those lines and has buttons on the back of the phone. He said that a camera button is in the middle of the phone with volume up and down buttons on both sides of it all on the back face of the phone. He said it is supposed to be more ergonomic while holding the phone.

Best of luck to Google and Moto on this. Sincerely. The faster they push the pace of innovation, the faster Apple and everyone else has to work to stay ahead or keep up.

For the full story on the X Phone, at least as much as we know right now, hit the link below, and then jump back here and tell me what you think. Are Google and Motorola capable of fielding a device that can take significant market share away from Samsung, and profit share away from Apple?

Source: Android Central

Alas! Moto said goodbye to Indian market so I hope this device will also not release officially like Nexus phones.

Last edited:

Mr. Officer

Rookie
^^Unfortunately it's been out of stock from US Google play store for more than 2 weeks now !!
Know it because I asked a friend to get one for me who's visiting India in Jan 2013.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
one thing people are forgetting here that google is retailing the lg phone under nexus brand, and hence it is able to retail for 299$, however if you buy the same phone from lg then its 599$.
because of shortage in supply. So dont blame lg india for the price.

I check it but and this calculator is meaningless as customs depends upon product size, weight not only price. Procedure is -
First someone purchase Nexus 4 from play store he has to pay taxes and shipping for an American address at time of billing and then that person will ship through some international courier service (+20$) and at the time when it will land in India it passes through customs duty which is just around 3% for a mobile phone of such a low price.

fortunately the box is small and light, even with that included it should not cross 5%. Also under indian impex guidelines, any item for personal use is exempted from custom duty :D

rider

as Kratos
one thing people are forgetting here that google is retailing the lg phone under nexus brand, and hence it is able to retail for 299$, however if you buy the same phone from lg then its 599$.
because of shortage in supply. So dont blame lg india for the price.

fortunately the box is small and light, even with that included it should not cross 5%. Also under indian impex guidelines, any item for personal use is exempted from custom duty :D

Yea! I mentioned above it may be custom free or negligible duty. Hope it will get in the play store soon.

kapilove77

Padawan
My cousin bought one of 8 gb nexus in uk but dont know how to ship here in india neither do i. So plz tell me how he can ship?

Top Bottom