Free Web space provider + Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotcommakers

Journeyman
i can provide you free webspace with my shared hosting.. cant provide domain for free.. yes i can provide subdomain for sure.. i can provide up to 3gb free space

slugger

Banned
the problem is not that i am unable to access the blog at all

the problem is that the site is not opening if i dont add www to the url

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
the problem is not that i am unable to access the blog at all

the problem is that the site is not opening if i dont add www to the url
and it won't work coz google supports only 1 domain. www is like another domain for it. you have to use some redirection service.

contact me at 10 pm on my IRC nick itech7 server irc.freenode.net so that i can provide you the redirection service with path forwarding for free !

slugger

Banned
i think the reason i am facin this WWW thing is because google does not allow the use of A records only CNAME is allowed

i can provide you the redirection service with path forwarding for free !

uni.cc does have a url redirection service available, but i wanted the actual path to be visible in the address bar, which a redirection service will not do. so i chose to use its DNS service. i am using EveryDNS's nameservers, having already registered there

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
i think the reason i am facin this WWW thing is because google does not allow the use of A records only CNAME is allowed

uni.cc does have a url redirection service available, but i wanted the actual path to be visible in the address bar, which a redirection service will not do. so i chose to use its DNS service. i am using EveryDNS's nameservers, having already registered there
you did not get me.

google supports one domain only.

suppose you have abc.uni.cc

then www.abc.uni.cc is like a domain for google.

pointing to abc.uni.cc won't work.

for this to work; you need a redirection service with path forwarding.

just do one thing-

point your domain to itech7.com (not the one you have pointed to google).

then tell me your domain name via PM.

i will configure apache to redirect all requests to abc.uni.cc to go to www.abc.uni.cc

OK ??

slugger

Banned
are there any free hosing sites that would let me create .htaccess files for apache web server?

so that way i too can re-direct example.uni.cc to www.example.uni.cc

been searching for some such hosts, but not finding anything useful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom