Free Web space provider + Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I am planning to make a website cum blog.
I am in search of a hosting space provider + domain.
Which is good?
110mb?frihost?
Also i want maximum space possible also php is welcome.
Plz let me know on the same.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
If u want to make some blog then there are two best options available to u. Those two softwares are Wordpress ans Movable Type. And I think that Wordpress is better and more customizable than the other one. Movable Type is available in two flavors, one is free and another is paid. The free one is kind of simple one. You can better opt for Wordpress.

There are some new free hosting provider sites are spawning from the wild. Please make your choice carefully to have the best free service here. I think you have to do some try and error method in that case. But all I want to say that x10hosting is not good enough for now. It's ad free servers are facing several problems from the last month. Also frihost is facing some 500 error there, I think you know it.

You can buy a domain name for your site via godaddy or yahoo for almost Rs 350/year. This will be really helpful, if you are trying to make a mark in the blogosphere. :D

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
My friend is hosting his site on www.stuffhost.net. You can try it but I don't really know how good is it.

I am on x10hosting, and it is facing a lot of problems at the moment.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Dont look for free hosting.......better invest few bucks .
paid hosting is far better than free hosting in many aspects.

utsav

damn busy...
I would suggest that for paid hosting go for ravi s hosting and for free hosting contact me. :D u can also do what debsuvra said and getting a domain name is must if u r seriously stepping into the web world

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Free Webhosting
Well plenty of them are there with different terms and conditions. This forum is spcially dedicated to this stuff only
*freewebspace.net/forums/

Free Domain

Very difficult to get a free TLD. You can use .uni.cc .tk. co.nr for free though. I suggest .uni.cc since it offers DNS aswell and rest of them are just URL redirection service

dotcommakers

Journeyman
i can give you free hosting.. and free subdomain too if u wish.. pm me if interested.

i will give you space from my account so be sure that.. it will be up till My site is up and i am sure my site will be always up till I am alive :) [i am not talking about host downtimes!!!!]

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
if the site is hosted @ blogspot what can I do with d DNS service?

or will I have to choose the web forwarding option?
As kar as I know, you can't do anything in that situation because you neither own the domain nor its subdomian. I think you want your blogspot blog moved to your domain. Did you try the advanced setup in that case?

slugger

Banned
in the domain settings at uni.cc, i select Web forwarding option and so domainname.blogspot.com becomes domainname.uni.cc and everything works fine

But, in the Domain settings section thesre is anothe option called DNS which says

For advanced users. The DNS service makes possible to redirect the traffic of all ports (FTP,HTTP,MAIL,IRC, etc.) to the address you want.

so wat i want to know is that what can i do with it as my blog bieng hosted at blogspot?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
in the domain settings at uni.cc, i select Web forwarding option and so domainname.blogspot.com becomes domainname.uni.cc and everything works fine

Oh, I thought you wanted it the other way round: blogname.blogspot.com redirecting to yoursite.uni.cc. Sorry for the confusion

But, in the Domain settings section thesre is anothe option called DNS which says

so wat i want to know is that what can i do with it as my blog bieng hosted at blogspot?
Does blogspot allow IRC, IMAP, POP3,etc? no
So you won't find them useful.

Basically DNS settings indicate on which server is your website residing. Eg: www.google.com resides on server which as a IP location of 67.288.187.99
The DNS stores the value of that server address.

For blogs hosted on blogspot.com, blogspot has already done that and you will not need to do it!

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
U cant convert your yoursite.blogspot.com into yoursite.uni.cc because it requires new CNAME records.

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
i came across these 2 posts

How do I use a custom domain name on my blog?

How do I create a CNAME record for my custom domain?

and wanted to try out the steps, but for reason the uni.cc site isn't opening here and so i'm unable to try it out

any way i shall try them out as soon as i am able to access my uni.cc control panel and will keep you all updated

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
U cant get convert your yoursite.blogspot.com into yoursite.uni.cc because it requires new CNAME records.

No Ravi, they can

Here is the process i can think of Slugger

1. Go to *www.everydns.net/ and register a account
2. Add your uni.cc domain first and manage the domain records. Add the cName Record
*help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=58317#everydns

3. Enter [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]ns1.everydns.net, ns2.everydns.net at Uni.cc Panel
4. If all is correct, your uni.cc domain should work like a standard .com :)
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Does blogspot allow IRC, IMAP, POP3,etc? no
So you won't find them useful.

With the help of DNS service, the uni.cc will work exactly like a full TLD works. 8)

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
No Ravi, they can

Here is the process i can think of Slugger

1. Go to *www.everydns.net/ and register a account
2. Add your uni.cc domain first and manage the domain records. Add the cName Record
*help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=58317#everydns

3. Enter [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]ns1.everydns.net, ns2.everydns.net at Uni.cc Panel
4. If all is correct, your uni.cc domain should work like a standard .com :)
[/SIZE][/FONT]

With the help of DNS service, the uni.cc will work exactly like a full TLD works. 8)
www.editdns.net & www.xname.org are much popular. I am using www.editdns.net for my domain and my friend's domain & XNAME as backup NS.

EditDNS rocks! All features except Email hosting, URL forwarding, Email forwarding.

Free accts-

Email hosting- 1 domain

URL & Email forwarding- 5 per domain

Accts which donate at least $5 between 6 months get full features.

And the best of all is- Unlimited domains & records.

Subdomains also available you.resolvme.com && you.mydyn.net

Dynamic DNS also available.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
^^ Yep, i know about EditDNS. I myself use it :D I dont use EveryDNS

But i posted Everydns because the steps are properly mentioned for it at Blogspot.....but hey EvryDNS is bigger provider than Editdns.net ;)

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
^^ Yep, i know about EditDNS. I myself use it :D I dont use EveryDNS

But i posted Everydns because the steps are properly mentioned for it at Blogspot.....but hey EvryDNS is bigger provider than Editdns.net ;)
but i think EveryDNS puts limits. rite ? That is the reason why i did not join EveryDNS. EdiDNS appears in the 3rd or 4th page of Google Result (search= Free DNS hosting).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom