Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

xeon

Broken In
Thanks for replies.

What is the difference between there two rams ?
G.Skill SQ DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) Laptop RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBSQ) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com
and
G.Skill NT DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-1600C11S-4GNT) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com

One is GSkill SQ and the second one is G skill NT. Does SQ and NT mean anything.
The first one is 9-9-9-28 CAS Latency
and the second one
11-11-11-28 2N CAS Latency

Would both of them work on Dell inspiron and is second one better than the first or vice versa?

tkin

Back to school!!
is Inspiron's 15R's RAM same as 15R Turbo??
if yes, then G.Skill F3-12800CL11S-4GBSQ is the best from the ones you suggested, as it has the 11-11-11 CAS latency, same as the RAM that comes preinstalled..
and the vengeance one, that looks quite big, i doubt if it would fit properly..

204Pin..
Its 2GB but the timings are same I think. The vengeance may not fit, due to that heatsink.

Thanks for replies.

What is the difference between there two rams ?
G.Skill SQ DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) Laptop RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBSQ) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com
and
G.Skill NT DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-1600C11S-4GNT) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com

One is GSkill SQ and the second one is G skill NT. Does SQ and NT mean anything.
The first one is 9-9-9-28 CAS Latency
and the second one
11-11-11-28 2N CAS Latency

Would both of them work on Dell inspiron and is second one better than the first or vice versa?
If you are buying 2x4GB sticks, get the one with 9-9-9 latency as both sticks will run at 9-9-9 and you'll be befitted, if you want to add one to the current ram get the one with the 11-11-11 latency for better compatibility.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I always suggest and personally prefer corsair in buying RAM due to their top notch ASS. Plus believe me, you won't find any difference in using any kit. Also do get a 4 gb module, as RAM are dirt cheap now, can't be any cheaper.

xeon

Broken In
See this RAM i think its exactly the same that comes pre installed in dell inspiron turbo laptops. Crucial is a band of Micron Technology.
Crucial 4GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600MHz non-ECC Unbuffered CL11 204-Pin SoDimm | eBay
It would be best to go with RAM of same manufacturer for best compatibility so should I buy the RAM above, is it the same ?

*i.imgur.com/h2rMPQ6.png

Last edited:

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Have any of you guys figured out how to keep the HDD temps below 40? Mine was okay during the winter. Now its rising to 40+ again.
Using the 2 books technique temps stay at 42-45 degrees.
Any solutions other than buying a laptop cooler?

tkin

Back to school!!
Have any of you guys figured out how to keep the HDD temps below 40? Mine was okay during the winter. Now its rising to 40+ again.
Using the 2 books technique temps stay at 42-45 degrees.
Any solutions other than buying a laptop cooler?
A. Laptop HDDs can operate upto 55c.
B. A cooler is the only way otherwise. Get the cooler master notepal X1.

tkin

Back to school!!
It has 1 year limited manufacturer warranty
Crucial has long exited Indian market(afaik it never came here officially), so if the distributor is small time or had ditched it you're dead in the water, Corsair and Gskill have Indian warranty and offices and a proper distributor.

ratul

█████████████████
and i don't think that same manufacturer matters as long as the latency and other things are matched...
you can safely go for G.Skill, Crucial can be a risky move..

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
What do you guys use to clean the screen?
is there any way to keep the screen all smudge/dirt free? Please let me know.

sam142000

Journeyman

There are various laptop cleaning kit available in the market. It has a micro-fiber cloth, a cleaning solution, and a dusting brush.
I have one from Luxar. Costs ~Rs.350

ratul

█████████████████

i use a microfiber cloth i have and lens cleaner solution (free with my brother's specs.. :p), and my screen is always new and shiny.. :D :wink:

guys, new drivers are available for 15R Turbo Windows 8: *www.dell.com/support/drivers/in/en/indhs1/Product/inspiron-15r-se-7520

after so many years, finally i am seeing a new icon for the drivers and "Dell Update Package" written.. :D :p *i.imgur.com/hvt3JXV.png

also 13.2beta6 is available: *www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_13.2_Beta6.exe

Help guys!!1 Can anyone tell me how to boot from usb pen drive in dell inspiron 7520? When I opened BIOS using F12, there was no such option like boot priority. And when I opened boot options using F2 it showed some UEFI and leacy mode which I don't understand. I'm using a bootable pen drive made using wintoflash.

Also, currently I'm using win 8. Now each and every game is running on Intel hd4000 rather than radeon 7730. I've already selected high performance in switchable graphics menu. I confirmed this by running the benchmark option from main menu in gta4 and devil may cry 4. For other games I used GPU SHARK. It showed current gpu usage as 0.00%

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
i use a microfiber cloth i have and lens cleaner solution (free with my brother's specs.. :p), and my screen is always new and shiny.. :D :wink:

guys, new drivers are available for 15R Turbo Windows 8: Drivers & Downloads | Dell India

after so many years, finally i am seeing a new icon for the drivers and "Dell Update Package" written.. :D :p *i.imgur.com/hvt3JXV.png

also 13.2beta6 is available: *www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_13.2_Beta6.exe
Hey, can you even install these drivers from AMD website? For my 15R they won't install and I have to get UNIFL modded drivers :(

Help guys!!1 Can anyone tell me how to boot from usb pen drive in dell inspiron 7520? When I opened BIOS using F12, there was no such option like boot priority. And when I opened boot options using F2 it showed some UEFI and leacy mode which I don't understand. I'm using a bootable pen drive made using wintoflash.

Also, currently I'm using win 8. Now each and every game is running on Intel hd4000 rather than radeon 7730. I've already selected high performance in switchable graphics menu. I confirmed this by running the benchmark option from main menu in gta4 and devil may cry 4. For other games I used GPU SHARK. It showed current gpu usage as 0.00%
In my case it says its running on Intel HD4000 but actually runs on the 7670m, verified by observing GPU load and temperatures via "GPU Caps Viewer"

Hey, can you even install these drivers from AMD website? For my 15R they won't install and I have to get UNIFL modded drivers :(

In my case it says its running on Intel HD4000 but actually runs on the 7670m, verified by observing GPU load and temperatures via "GPU Caps Viewer"

Arkham city and other games lag like hell. :(
I played all games at moderate settings in my g6-2005ax. And this is 7730!!!

tkin

Back to school!!
Arkham city and other games lag like hell. :(
I played all games at moderate settings in my g6-2005ax. And this is 7730!!!
Download and install GPU Caps Viewer, now use switchable settings to add Arkham to high performance, now connect laptop to power, from desktop select high performance power plan, now run gpu caps viewer(add it to high performance as well before, else it won't see the GPU), now play batman aa for some time, alt tab or end game to go back and see GPU caps viewers sensors, to see if your 7730m is getting hot, and if a load is showing when the game is running.

ratul

█████████████████

yes, and most of the members here can install these drivers, have you followed all the steps before installing these?? (described so many times previously :p)

tkin

Back to school!!
yes, and most of the members here can install these drivers, have you followed all the steps before installing these?? (described so many times previously :p)
Pray tell, if I get the mobility, it runs and finishes but doesn't install anything, the mobility checker tool also fails and says mobility won't work with mine but still I got the driver, it didn't install, it ran and did nothing :(

I ran the mobility after getting the dell drivers, is that the reason it failed?

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Hmm I got a cleaning kit free as well,but after following the instructions the screen seemed to get more messy with all the dirt getting smudged with the liquid.
What steps do you guys follow?
I did:- 1.) First brushed the screen with an anti static brush.
2.) Sprayed the liquid on the microfiber cloth
3.) Wiped the screen with the cloth.

But screen got kinda messy after this.

Top Bottom