Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

tkin

Back to school!!
Hmm I got a cleaning kit free as well,but after following the instructions the screen seemed to get more messy with all the dirt getting smudged with the liquid.
What steps do you guys follow?
I did:- 1.) First brushed the screen with an anti static brush.
2.) Sprayed the liquid on the microfiber cloth
3.) Wiped the screen with the cloth.

But screen got kinda messy after this.
I use water from aquaguard to clean screens, anything else leaves smudges.

ratul

█████████████████
Pray tell, if I get the mobility, it runs and finishes but doesn't install anything, the mobility checker tool also fails and says mobility won't work with mine but still I got the driver, it didn't install, it ran and did nothing :(

I ran the mobility after getting the dell drivers, is that the reason it failed?

can be, dell drivers kinda disables some features in CCC (like information tab) and can messup with future installations if not properly removed??
have you tried driver fusion after uninstallation of both amd and intel drivers??

tkin

Back to school!!
can be, dell drivers kinda disables some features in CCC (like information tab) and can messup with future installations if not properly removed??
have you tried driver fusion after uninstallation of both amd and intel drivers??
I used driver fusion and straight went with unifl.

Now let me get this straight, you just install mobility drivers from AMD site, nothing else, and it installs?

xeon

Broken In
New Driver released for AMD Radeon 7730 graphic card by dell.
I think I should not install this because I am installing updates from AMD website, am I right ?
*i.imgur.com/7qapia4.png

tkin

Back to school!!
I think I should not install this because I am installing updates from AMD website, am I right ?
*i.imgur.com/7qapia4.png
Don't install it, get it from AMD.

ratul

█████████████████
I used driver fusion and straight went with unifl.

Now let me get this straight, you just install mobility drivers from AMD site, nothing else, and it installs?

yes, but before that i do install the intel drivers from it's website... :D
and it has never been a problem for me..

*i.imgur.com/7qapia4.png

yes, you should not install it, this should be either 13.1 or 12.10..

Any improvements in new amd driver ??

no improvements if you have been updating from AMD's website rather than waiting for dell to release an update.. :p

tkin

Back to school!!
yes, but before that i do install the intel drivers from it's website... :D
and it has never been a problem for me..

yes, you should not install it, this should be either 13.1 or 12.10..

no improvements if you have been updating from AMD's website rather than waiting for dell to release an update.. :p
So you do this:

A. Install Intel drivers from Intel website(for HD4000).
B. Install catalyst directly from AMD.

And switchable works?

ratul

█████████████████
some say 7670m supports enduro, this should mean that it should also work like optimus??? :?

tkin

Back to school!!
some say 7670m supports enduro, this should mean that it should also work like optimus??? :?
IDK, leshcat is rocking on my PC, but I will do a reinstall soon, since all drivers were updated yesterday, and I'll first try a few methods to see if I can get Catalyst on it, if not I have leshcat.

PS: HD4000+7670m is muxless in my laptop, i.e all signals pass through HD4000, the 7670m is activated when it detects a high performance app loading, else its completely cut off and no apps can even detect it.

ratul

█████████████████
IDK, leshcat is rocking on my PC, but I will do a reinstall soon, since all drivers were updated yesterday, and I'll first try a few methods to see if I can get Catalyst on it, if not I have leshcat.

PS: HD4000+7670m is muxless in my laptop, i.e all signals pass through HD4000, the 7670m is activated when it detects a high performance app loading, else its completely cut off and no apps can even detect it.

exactly like 7730m.. :bananana:

powerstarprince

In the zone
the drivers provided by amd from 12.10 don't support switchable graphics. Enduro is a bit more sophisticated and almost near to optimus. little improvements over dynamic switchable graphics became the enduro and the recent drivers amd has been releasing with enduro features only support cards frm hd 7700 series . For rest of graphic cards like 7670m and prior have to get their drivers from manufacturers until amd releases enduro support for them in the future.

tkin

Back to school!!
the drivers provided by amd from 12.10 don't support switchable graphics. Enduro is a bit more sophisticated and almost near to optimus. little improvements over dynamic switchable graphics became the enduro and the recent drivers amd has been releasing with enduro features only support cards frm hd 7700 series . For rest of graphic cards like 7670m and prior have to get their drivers from manufacturers until amd releases enduro support for them in the future.
F**k AMD, 7670 and 7730 are the same architecture, this sucks :( :evil: :evil:

Finally, after 12hrs of grueling research I managed to mod 13.1 WHQL inf files to get it to install, suck you AMD for making my life difficult.

ratul

█████████████████
F**k AMD, 7670 and 7730 are the same architecture, this sucks :( :evil: :evil:

Finally, after 12hrs of grueling research I managed to mod 13.1 WHQL inf files to get it to install, suck you AMD for making my life difficult.

inf mod?? have you tested it for compatibility issues??
last time i did that in one of my friends lappy, the drivers installed, but some compatibility issues popped out, like artifacts while gaming, crashing of CCC etc.. :-?

tkin

Back to school!!
inf mod?? have you tested it for compatibility issues??
last time i did that in one of my friends lappy, the drivers installed, but some compatibility issues popped out, like artifacts while gaming, crashing of CCC etc.. :-?
Not that big of an inf mod, a simple edit to force the mobility to install, its working so far, tested with GPU Caps viewer, one thing that I had noticed is that with earlier UNIFL modded driver I would get a pop up every time a 3d app would run which was not categorized, its not coming now, its directly being added to the switchable profile with recommended mode(performance for 3d apps), ah well, can't have everything, at least I am no longer getting kernel power loss crash when running Windows Experience Index(winsat) without running a 3d app like GPU Caps viewer and pushing the GPU to 3d mode :|

Top Bottom